New U17 coach appointed.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
New U17 coach appointed.

Post by ogasir »

I thought we were supposed to go for Finidi. Who the heck is Maikaba? is he any good?

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/12/nf ... men-women/
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: New U17 coach appointed.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Only in Nigeria will a coach go from professional league coach to u17 coach. He has hammered.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ogasir wrote:I thought we were supposed to go for Finidi. Who the heck is Maikaba? is he any good?

Bros,

Abdu Makaiba is one of the best coaches in Nigeria. The guy was a physics instructor who decided to get coaching certificates. Beyond that background he has done well everywhere that he has been -- Enyimba, Wikki Tourists, and currently Akwa United where he eventually won his first trophy (The Federation Cup). His teams are usually described as focusing on ball possession with speed and they are always one of the best teams to watch, reportedly.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:I thought we were supposed to go for Finidi. Who the heck is Maikaba? is he any good?

Bros,

Abdu Makaiba is one of the best coaches in Nigeria. The guy was a physics instructor who decided to get coaching certificates. Beyond that background he has done well everywhere that he has been -- Enyimba, Wikki Tourists, and currently Akwa United where he eventually won his first trophy (The Federation Cup). His teams are usually described as focusing on ball possession with speed and they are always one of the best teams to watch, reportedly.
Thanks. Looks like a good hire by the NFF
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ogasir wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Bros,

Thanks. Looks like a good hire by the NFF
NICE TO HAVE A COACH WITH SUCH BACKGROUND, NOW...

...I hope he can carry and express himself in a way that would reflect positively on his training. That said, no explanation was provided in the report as to why Finidi, more than qualified in his own rights and who offered to do it for free, has been sidelined.
Bell
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Make we give Coach Maikaba chance o
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

At this level I would pick someone with a good eye for talent over a great tactician. We have nothing to prove at U17 so discovering future SEs should be the main objective if this coach. May God help him.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I watched his interview on channels. Sounds like a good coach. Wish him the best.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol: :lol: Somehow somehow what was billed to be an exciting aboki bashing session came to a limpy end!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Maikaba sets agenda for Eaglets
https://www.supersport.com/football/nig ... or_Eaglets
13 November 2017, 15:24

Coach Abdul Maikaba has come out to say he did not apply for the coaching job of Nigeria’s cadet team, Golden Eaglets.

The Akwa United coach was confirmed as the head coach of Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets at the weekend by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Technical and Development Committee.

The former Wikki Tourists gaffe will be assisted by the Niger Tornadoes technical adviser, Abubakar Bala, Oluwafunsho Bunmi and Baruwa Abideen as goalkeeper trainer.
Maikaba said he actually applied for the U20 coaching job but will be ever ready to serve the nation at whatever capacity.
“Frankly, I expected the coaching job but never expected to be named as under-17 head coach, I actually applied for the under-20 coaching job.

“However, I can willingly serve my country in whatever capacity she deems me fit.

“Of course, yes, I’m a happy man being assigned the responsibility to handle the under-17 national team.

“I will try my very best to do a perfect work as well as meet the aspirations and expectations of Nigerians.

“Akwa United job will not hamper my work at the national level because I do not work alone, rather as a team in Akwa United.

“I have assistants who understand the innermost part of the working at Akwa United and I can comfortably delegate power and rest assured the work will come out perfectly well.

“If it was to be a case of new persons that would have been a problem, but I work with familiar and trusted men so the continuity will be there.

“So there is absolutely no problem combining both jobs,” said the former Enyimba coach to supersport.com.

Maikaba said his immediate priority is to raise quality players within the age bracket who will go ahead to make the nation proud in future competitions.

“Firstly, my target is to produce players within the age limit who can grow up to play for the other national teams.

“I will strive to qualify Nigeria for the Africa Under-17 Cup of Nations and go ahead to qualify for the Fifa World Cup.

“If we go ahead to win the Nations and World Cup titles that would be added privilege.

“The main target remains to produce quality talents that will progress to play for the senior national team,” said Maikaba.

Nigeria were absent at the just-concluded 2017 Fifa Under-17 men’s World Cup in India won by England.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote::lol: :lol: Somehow somehow what was billed to be an exciting aboki bashing session came to a limpy end!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cito wrote:
oloye wrote::lol: :lol: Somehow somehow what was billed to be an exciting aboki bashing session came to a limpy end!
lool. have you noticed that only in football that Nigerians don't complain about marginalization, tribalism, etc? No one cares where the XI comes from as long as they are winning. The question is why can't we carry the same mentality to other spheres of our lives?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

azuka wrote:
Cito wrote:
lool. have you noticed that only in football that Nigerians don't complain about marginalization, tribalism, etc? No one cares where the XI comes from as long as they are winning. The question is why can't we carry the same mentality to other spheres of our lives?
My friend go back to the beginning of the thread and read carefully....then picture a local hunter loading up his dane gun.....it was Enugu11 who spoilt the fun, he ruined the aboki bashing party...i wont forgive him :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

if there is really such thing as aboki prejudice in Football then it must exist in all spheres of Nigeria and why is that.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Only in Nigeria will a coach go from professional league coach to u17 coach. He has hammered.
True, there's something wrong with that picture. Wikki Tourist to U17. His former players could be looking to join him. :oops:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Bash who? I was genuinely curious about who the guy was because everything i have read so far pointed to Finidi being the next U17 coach. I thought the guy was just some unqualified random guy the NFF hired.

My man stop being paranoid.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:NICE TO HAVE A COACH WITH SUCH BACKGROUND, NOW...

...I hope he can carry and express himself in a way that would reflect positively on his training. That said, no explanation was provided in the report as to why Finidi, more than qualified in his own rights and who offered to do it for free, has been sidelined.
Bell
That may be the problem right there...
If he's doing it for free, there'll be no votes to 'pad'! :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ogasir wrote:
Bash who? I was genuinely curious about who the guy was because everything i have read so far pointed to Finidi being the next U17 coach. I thought the guy was just some unqualified random guy the NFF hired.

My man stop being paranoid.
Randomly abokious..... :lol:

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Was expecting some bigots (two in particular, you know yourself) to come here, however, when they read physics graduate then avoided this thread...

Shame on you.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim