That Zambia goal v Cameroon na fire!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
That Zambia goal v Cameroon na fire!!!

Post by Enugu II »

That is one of the best goals that you would ever see. The second Zambia goal, that is.

[/video]
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: That Zambia goal v Cameroon na fire!!!

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well Zambia should qualify to to enlarged 2026 tournament!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Well Zambia should qualify to to enlarged 2026 tournament!
Na goal wey you dey use qualify? The point is that a good goal does not mean they should qualify. You should be able to admire it regardless of qualification or not.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Very Arsenalistic.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cameroon's first goal too was sweet. Lovely strike of the ball.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Put Cameroon or Zambia in Tunisia's group and they would probably have qualified.

Wha choo looking at?!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Put Cameroon or Zambia in Tunisia's group and they would probably have qualified.
Tunisia did have the weakest group I must admit. In all fairness to them they deserved it as for the Last two World Cups, they have had to face Cameroon and Nigeria, so maybe they were due a respite.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I suspect Zambia would have qualified from pretty much any other group...I don't trust Cameroun
Scipio Africanus wrote:Put Cameroon or Zambia in Tunisia's group and they would probably have qualified.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nanijoe wrote:I suspect Zambia would have qualified from pretty much any other group...I don't trust Cameroun

They cannot use that as an excuse because in the past, they have been in easy groups and failed to qualify. For the 2014 World Cup for instance, Zambia was grouped with minnows Ghana, Lesotho and Sudan, yet still failed to qualify.

Since when did beating the Kenkey Bredas become a hard thing? Do you know that in that campaign,. Zambia even drew with Lesotho in Lusaka?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Well Zambia should qualify to to enlarged 2026 tournament!
Na goal wey you dey use qualify? The point is that a good goal does not mean they should qualify. You should be able to admire it regardless of qualification or not.
It was a very nice goal but no matter how I put it they failed to qualify.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

That Zambian team is good, young, and very enthusiastic... it's their new golden generation that should be in peak level by the next generation world cup. I laugh when people say we had a weak group, Zambia would have qualified if they were in any other group that didn't have Nigeria, they were just unlucky to run into us.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:That Zambian team is good, young, and very enthusiastic... it's their new golden generation that should be in peak level by the next generation world cup. I laugh when people say we had a weak group, Zambia would have qualified if they were in any other group that didn't have Nigeria, they were just unlucky to run into us.
I hope you remember that Zambia could not beat Cameroon over two legs
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:That Zambian team is good, young, and very enthusiastic... it's their new golden generation that should be in peak level by the next generation world cup. I laugh when people say we had a weak group, Zambia would have qualified if they were in any other group that didn't have Nigeria, they were just unlucky to run into us.
I hope you remember that Zambia could not beat Cameroon over two legs
To be fair Nigeria and Zambia where the only two teams in that group that managed an away win in the whole group Nigeria against Zambia and Zambia against Algeria and when this group first kickoff Zambia where considered also rans especially after their first game with Nigeria!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I see Zambia winning the next AFCON and even qualifying for the next WC. The potential is there.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bret- hart wrote:I see Zambia winning the next AFCON and even qualifying for the next WC. The potential is there.
Do you know how many other teams have showed such promise in the past? Let us see if they can sustain it but Mali, Burkina Faso, DR Congo, Guinea, Cape Verde, etc have all shown great promise over the years.