CAMP: Preparing for Argentina (Video)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAMP: Preparing for Argentina

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Akpeyi will be in goal against Argentina with Uzoho coming as a possible sub.

I think we've seen enough of Ezenwa at this point. The qualifiers are over.

No way he can be first choice going into the WC.
:agree:

That would be my educated guess as well (as I opined on another thread)...
Rohr has a track record of making GRADUAL (rather than abrupt) changes - all things being equal.
He dropped Kenneth Omeruo rather hastily after his blunder in Ndola!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:He dropped Kenneth Omeruo rather hastily after his blunder in Ndola!
Omeruo started in Ndola only because Balogun was unavailable....
Upon Balogun’s return, Omeruo became expendable (but still remained in the pool).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE training for Argentina video

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wow... something about this team and these boys. They have chemistry, they really seem to to like each other, sometimes it's more important than any formation or tactic. This SE team will not go down easy in Russia. They will bring it! They'll need a good draw to advance but not believe in these boys.
:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:He dropped Kenneth Omeruo rather hastily after his blunder in Ndola!
Omeruo started in Ndola only because Balogun was unavailable....
Upon Balogun’s return, Omeruo became expendable (but still remained in the pool).

I take it you also know that Ndidi played rightback in Ndola. Against Algeria, Omueruo played rightback with Ndidi only coming on in the 82nd minute. Come the Cameroon game in Uyo, Rohr had learnt his lessons. Abdullahi started at rightback with Ndidi a starter in midfield.

It is very easy to see when a plan is not working and you have to change it. That I guess is the difference between ordinary managers and great ones. A quick thinking manager is always able to make changes as required, even during games.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Russia na wow oh! They don find the teams weakness (babes) any way Rohr never select Success!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I take it you also know that Ndidi played rightback in Ndola. Against Algeria, Omueruo played rightback with Ndidi only coming on in the 82nd minute. Come the Cameroon game in Uyo, Rohr had learnt his lessons. Abdullahi started at rightback with Ndidi a starter in midfield.

It is very easy to see when a plan is not working and you have to change it. That I guess is the difference between ordinary managers and great ones. A quick thinking manager is always able to make changes as required, even during games.
I realize that you don’t actually watch these games...
But Shehu came on for Omeruo midway in the 2H, and then started the next game - GRADUAL change!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I take it you also know that Ndidi played rightback in Ndola. Against Algeria, Omueruo played rightback with Ndidi only coming on in the 82nd minute. Come the Cameroon game in Uyo, Rohr had learnt his lessons. Abdullahi started at rightback with Ndidi a starter in midfield.

I realize that you don’t actually watch these games...
But Shehu came on for Omeruo midway in the 2H, and then started the next game - GRADUAL change!

Not true. Wilfred Ndidi came on in the 82nd minute for Mikel Obi in midfield: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro ... l#nosticky
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:Russia na wow oh! They don find the teams weakness (babes) any way Rohr never select Success!
Bros, very few places in the civilized world where you won’t find Russian babes... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Not true. Wilfred Ndidi came on in the 82nd minute for Mikel Obi in midfield: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro ... l#nosticky
Huh?! :blink:

How does Ndidi coming in for Mikel validate your statement that Rohr “dropped Omeruo rather hastily after his blunder in Ndola”, when Omeruo actually started the next game?! If anything, Omeruo’s situation has been the very epitome of GRADUAL change - (1) started 1st competitive game and played all 90 minutes, (2) started 2d game and subbed in the 2H, (3) dropped to the bench in the 3d game (vs South Africa), and (4) dropped to the standby list by the 4th game (vs Cameroon)!

Similarly, Shehu has progressed GRADUALLY from (i) the subs’ bench in the 1st game (v Zambia), coming on only in extra time, to (ii) a midway 2H sub in the 2d game (v Algeria), to (iii) a starter by the 3d game (v Cameroon). Even Ndidi, who is NOT a RB but started the Ndola game at RB due to exigencies (and was replaced in extra time by said Shehu), in his more natural role as a midfielder, has GRADUALLY progressed from the subs’ bench (v Tanzania) to sub (v Algeria) to starter!

Accordingly, the point is actually NOT whether or not coaches should change things that are not working (of course anybody outside of a pre-programmed Internet Bot would acknowledge that they should), but that the track record of this particular coach has established a proclivity for GRADUAL change!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

hmm..The Russian girls get me a bit worried. #distraction. I've never been to Russia, I hear and see their racist tendencies (at least some of them ) on TV and from friends . Nevertheless,I also gather that some of their women fancy us brothers well well. They should keep off and let the guys focus
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

icee wrote:hmm..The Russian girls get me a bit worried. #distraction. I've never been to Russia, I hear and see their racist tendencies (at least some of them ) on TV and from friends . Nevertheless,I also gather that some of their women fancy us brothers well well. They should keep off and let the guys focus
The babes are just taking innocent pictures...
And frankly Awaziem seems to be the most eager actor in that video. :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Not true. Wilfred Ndidi came on in the 82nd minute for Mikel Obi in midfield: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro ... l#nosticky
Huh?! :blink:

How does Ndidi coming in for Mikel validate your statement that Rohr “dropped Omeruo rather hastily after his blunder in Ndola”, when Omeruo actually started the next game?! If anything, Omeruo’s situation has been the very epitome of GRADUAL change - (1) started 1st competitive game and played all 90 minutes, (2) started 2d game and subbed in the 2H, (3) dropped to the bench in the 3d game (vs South Africa), and (4) dropped to the standby list by the 4th game (vs Cameroon)!

Similarly, Shehu has progressed GRADUALLY from (i) the subs’ bench in the 1st game (v Zambia), coming on only in extra time, to (ii) a midway 2H sub in the 2d game (v Algeria), to (iii) a starter by the 3d game (v Cameroon). Even Ndidi, who is NOT a RB but started the Ndola game at RB due to exigencies (and was replaced in extra time by said Shehu), in his more natural role as a midfielder, has GRADUALLY progressed from the subs’ bench (v Tanzania) to sub (v Algeria) to starter!

Accordingly, the point is actually NOT whether or not coaches should change things that are not working (of course anybody outside of a pre-programmed Internet Bot would acknowledge that they should), but that the track record of this particular coach has established a proclivity for GRADUAL change!
Omeruo only played against Algeria because we had no right back. If Shehu Abdullahi was as established then as he is now, Kenneth would not have been anywhere near the team. It is actually sa shame as i like Kenneth Omeruo. When you meet him he is a really nice guy but his performances have left a lot to be desired.

Back to the point though, there is no time for gradual change my friend. There is only one Fifa window left in March before the end of the season, so any changes must be decisive, swift and effective. In all what we do, speed of thought is very important and Rohr is no exception.

He is like a military general. If all of a sudden, he needs to withdraw his artillery guns and call in the air force to bombard the enemy, he cannot afford to be "gradual" as by the time he "Gradualises" the battle may already be lost!

We cannot afford the tranquilising drug of gradualism - Martin Luther King!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...all dem white opeke posing for picture, must be oyinbo land dem dey.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Omeruo only played against Algeria because we had no right back. If Shehu Abdullahi was as established then as he is now, Kenneth would not have been anywhere near the team. It is actually sa shame as i like Kenneth Omeruo. When you meet him he is a really nice guy but his performances have left a lot to be desired.

Back to the point though, there is no time for gradual change my friend. There is only one Fifa window left in March before the end of the season, so any changes must be decisive, swift and effective. In all what we do, speed of thought is very important and Rohr is no exception.

He is like a military general. If all of a sudden, he needs to withdraw his artillery guns and call in the air force to bombard the enemy, he cannot afford to be "gradual" as by the time he "Gradualises" the battle may already be lost!

You could say the same about Uzoho...

Except of course that Shehu was far more established than Uzoho is now, having played for the SE under both Oliseh and Siasia (and in Keshi’s squad), as well as having started in the Olympics and CHAN. Anyway, let’s just wait until tomorrow and see those who may have been reading the tea leaves better.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Omeruo only played against Algeria because we had no right back. If Shehu Abdullahi was as established then as he is now, Kenneth would not have been anywhere near the team. It is actually sa shame as i like Kenneth Omeruo. When you meet him he is a really nice guy but his performances have left a lot to be desired.

You could say the same about Uzoho...

Except of course that Shehu was far more established than Uzoho is now, having played for the SE under both Oliseh and Siasia (and in Keshi’s squad), and starring in the Olympics and CHAN. Anyway, let’s just wait until tomorrow and see those who may have been reading the tea leaves better.

You should not justify what is plainly counter-productive Gotti. With only two more games to go before the month-long camping season ahead of the World Cup, this is not the time for gradualism. Martin Luther King spoke about a thing called: "The fierce urgency of now."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

oloye wrote:
miky wrote:Nice! iheanacho na funny guy. But how come Mikel and now balogun always seem detached? is it just his personality, he never gels
Mikel has always been like that, also as you grow older in the team you begin to feel ostracised. Not by any malicious intent, you have younger players who come in and tend to be in awe of you and find comfort in their age group.

It can be lonely for older players in the camp, especially if you have never been the type who is free with the lads.
Experience is the best teacher. Your contributions to this forum cannot be overstated. Well articulated Sir.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
miky wrote:Nice! iheanacho na funny guy. But how come Mikel and now balogun always seem detached? is it just his personality, he never gels
Mikel has always been like that, also as you grow older in the team you begin to feel ostracised. Not by any malicious intent, you have younger players who come in and tend to be in awe of you and find comfort in their age group.

It can be lonely for older players in the camp, especially if you have never been the type who is free with the lads.
Yep, seems guys like Papillo never had that issue, dude seemed to gel with every player young or old.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Flex Swift wrote:Russia na wow oh! They don find the teams weakness (babes) any way Rohr never select Success!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

miky,

Personalities are different. Everyone cannot be the same way. There is nothing wrong with Mikel or a guy who may not be as extroverted as the next guy. That difference should be respected.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
icee wrote:hmm..The Russian girls get me a bit worried. #distraction. I've never been to Russia, I hear and see their racist tendencies (at least some of them ) on TV and from friends . Nevertheless,I also gather that some of their women fancy us brothers well well. They should keep off and let the guys focus
Was that Idowu I saw also 'begging' to enter picture :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Maceo4,

How una dey yab these players? To me they are doing what is necessary as per PR. You better believe that taking pics with those young ladies has made a BIG DAY for those girls. IMHO, we should praise players who go out of their way to take pictures with such fans.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:

lol. I said this some months ago. Mikel is almost 30. His teammates are teenagers and early 20s. How many 30 year olds jump around and play with 21 year olds?

This topic is now becoming tiring. Every amp picture, someone will ask the same question.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Maceo4,

How una dey yab these players? To me they are doing what is necessary as per PR. You better believe that taking pics with those young ladies has made a BIG DAY for those girls. IMHO, we should praise players who go out of their way to take pictures with such fans.
Yea, definitely a nice gesture, good to see that even Mikel enter as soon as he saw na Russian babe :rotf: I hope they will also do the same for our fellow fans back home.
Super Eagus 4 Life!