SE's line up- courtesy of Complete Sports

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE's line up- courtesy of Complete Sports

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:I am really not happy about akpeyi playing.

This is a guy who had no confidence when playing against Luxembourg

Now you want to throw him in the mix against ARgentina ? God forbid.

on a seperate note this 532 may be Rohr's attempt to try and fit Iheanacho into the starting 11 in a positive way.

My guy, don't go and hit your head against a brick wall because Akpeyi is starting o. You may not like the pain afterwards. But if e vex you too much you may consider enduring the pain.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:Akpeyi
Awaziem - Troost Ekong - Balogun
Shehu - Ndidi - Mikel - Ogu - Aina
Iwobi - Iheanacho

:thumb:

I think that’s the best lineup given the players available...
However, it is likely to be a difficult night for Kelechi upfront.

With the three at the back, if that releases Aina and Shehu, Iheanacho should have a lot of opportunities.

-----------------Akpeyi-----------------

------Awaziem---Ekong---Balogun----------

--Shehu----Ndidi-------Ogu------Aina-----

----------------Mikel---------------------

--------------------------Iwobi------------

---------------Kele-------------------
This might be an attempt to find a role for Iheanacho... and have Iwobi also play centrally.

But I don't understand for a team who scored most of their goals coming in from the flanks how this new set up will work. I trust Shehus crossing... I haven't seen Aina cross the ball...

Maybe they will only do it for a half and revert back to the staple.

Of the subs remaining. Musa can play as a wing back... don't know if Onyekuru can play that role. Egbuehi can also play wing back...

Just can't wait to see how well we play it... but with two CDs who are terrible at passing the ball, it will interesting.

In some games, the coach is not interested in scoring more than 1 goal. He wants 1 goal and concede 0 and win! I am happy we have a coach who realizes that and wants to work on alternatives. We will need this at the world cup.

Additionally, It depends on how high or how low we play. If we play high, then we should be able to provide kelechi with enough chances, It depends on if he takes the opportunities.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cellular wrote:
Bros, why are you so stubborn?

You have been warned multiple times about posting links without context but you persist in not following forum rules.

When we do the needful, folks will pretend like they did not see us warn you on multiple occasions.

If you don't want to follow forum rules you really leave us with no alternative.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AS YOUR LAST WARNING!
Mr Cellular or whatever your name is, where was I warned? Did you send me a PM? What context did I not give? Didn't you read the subject? Isn't that enough context? I know that you never liked me and you clearly have something against me for reasons best known to you. I am sure you are looking for reasons to suspend me. Please stop this absolute ridiculous threat and be fair. If you want to suspend me, please do it. Absolute nonsense!!! You're making me lose any iota of respect I may have for you as a CE member. So bloody biased! Your first statement says it all
Last edited by highbury on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:I am really not happy about akpeyi playing.

This is a guy who had no confidence when playing against Luxembourg

Now you want to throw him in the mix against ARgentina ? God forbid.

on a seperate note this 532 may be Rohr's attempt to try and fit Iheanacho into the starting 11 in a positive way.

You simply cannot think that. its not like Kelechi is Messi. We are talking about a bench warmer in the team who does not start when the starters are available.

It seems more reasonable that the coach realizes that we have to play against some serious countries like Argentina next year, and wants to prepare for those games, by testing a more compact formation.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zakixxtra
Egg
Egg

Post by zakixxtra »

Goalfest come raining on is with this akpere keeper we got. The guy voodoo don Work againoo
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

highbury wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You have been warned multiple times about posting links without context but you persist in not following forum rules.

When we do the needful, folks will pretend like they did not see us warn you on multiple occasions.

If you don't want to follow forum rules you really leave us with no alternative.

Mr Cellular or whatever your name is, where was I warned? Did you send me a PM? What context did I not give? Didn't you read the subject? Isn't that enough context? I know that you never liked me and you clearly have something against me for reasons best known to you. I am sure you are looking for reasons to suspend me. Please stop this absolute ridiculous treat and be fair. If you want to suspend me, please do it. Absolute nonsense!!! You're making me lose any iota of respect I may have for you as a CE member. So bloody biased! Your first statement says it all
My bad! I mistook you for "Gooner1"... you Arsenal blokes all look and sound alike. Sorry :taunt:

So, it is not your last warning but your first. Abeg adhere to forum rules.

Oga, my apologies.

Thanks.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Iwobi - Iheanacho

With the three at the back, if that releases Aina and Shehu, Iheanacho should have a lot of opportunities.

This might be an attempt to find a role for Iheanacho... and have Iwobi also play centrally.

But I don't understand for a team who scored most of their goals coming in from the flanks how this new set up will work. I trust Shehus crossing... I haven't seen Aina cross the ball...

Of the subs remaining. Musa can play as a wing back... don't know if Onyekuru can play that role. Egbuehi can also play wing back...

Just can't wait to see how well we play it... but with two CDs who are terrible at passing the ball, it will interesting.

In some games, the coach is not interested in scoring more than 1 goal. He wants 1 goal and concede 0 and win! I am happy we have a coach who realizes that and wants to work on alternatives. We will need this at the world cup.

Additionally, It depends on how high or how low we play. If we play high, then we should be able to provide kelechi with enough chances, It depends on if he takes the opportunities.
I am excited to see how to play this. And Idowu can play the wing back role too...
Do we play this if Mikel is not playing or is injured? Does Iwobi now play Mikel role and someone else comes to play Iwobi's... seems like a formation that will give us flexibility.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cellular wrote:
highbury wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Mr Cellular or whatever your name is, where was I warned? Did you send me a PM? What context did I not give? Didn't you read the subject? Isn't that enough context? I know that you never liked me and you clearly have something against me for reasons best known to you. I am sure you are looking for reasons to suspend me. Please stop this absolute ridiculous treat and be fair. If you want to suspend me, please do it. Absolute nonsense!!! You're making me lose any iota of respect I may have for you as a CE member. So bloody biased! Your first statement says it all
My bad! I mistook you for "Gooner1"... you Arsenal blokes all look and sound alike. Sorry :taunt:

So, it is not your last warning but your first. Abeg adhere to forum rules.

Oga, my apologies.

Thanks.
No worries. That came from left field. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Iwobi - Iheanacho

I am excited to see how to play this. And Idowu can play the wing back role too...
Do we play this if Mikel is not playing or is injured? Does Iwobi now play Mikel role and someone else comes to play Iwobi's... seems like a formation that will give us flexibility.

Mikel's experience is very handy. But without him, the formation should work just as good. We will just go "full-chelsea"

--------------------GK----------------------

---------Ekong-----Balo-------Awaziem--------

-Shehu-----Ndidi--------Onazi---------Aina----

---------Moses---------------Iwobi/Onyekuru----

-----------------Kele/Igha----------------------
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Dango driver you be my guy but on current form Mikel Obi is the 2nd name that will walk in this se team after Moses
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Where is Emmanuel Daniel?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote:Where is Emmanuel Daniel?

I know right ?

The guy did very well at the olympics much better than these 2 basket keepers we have.

If Rohr doesn't call him up for the next friendly his head no dey house.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

zakixxtra wrote:Goalfest come raining on is with this akpere keeper we got. The guy voodoo don Work againoo
Stop panicking.
You nor be man?
Its just a friendly. Relax
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Dango driver you be my guy but on current form Mikel Obi is the 2nd name that will walk in this se team after Moses
Cellular's hypothetical stated that: "Do we play this if Mikel is not playing or is injured?"

The hypothetical creates a scenario of MIkel's absence.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Where is Emmanuel Daniel?

I know right ?

The guy did very well at the olympics much better than these 2 basket keepers we have.

If Rohr doesn't call him up for the next friendly his head no dey house.

When last did both of you watch Emmanuel Daniel? Thanks.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Players filling out
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.