BALOGUN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BALOGUN

Post by wale1974 »

green4life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:My question mark over Balogun is with his pace. he can he keep up with quick forwards?
How well did otamendi and mascherano keep up with Kelechi and Iwobi?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They are Naive
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

wale1974 wrote:
jette1 wrote:Not a World Cup player. He might have been great against African Teams but the reason he plays in division 2 is now obvious
Mainz is D2 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Haba you for use google before opening this thread nah :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes o
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

green4life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:My question mark over Balogun is with his pace. he can he keep up with quick forwards?
How well did otamendi and mascherano keep up with Kelechi and Iwobi?

I am not interested in Albiceleste. I am not their fan!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:You people are funny....anyway, while you are all at it, can you try to clone or discover that world cup center half before next summer. I know they say talk is cheap, but please we need more than talk,just get us thay world cup defender.

I guess those clowns that Iwobi was nutmegging are the world cup defenders. Balogun may not be a world cup player,heck he cant be until he has played there. But one thing for sure he has qualified us playing his hearts out, that will do for me and my household.

So while i wait for you guys to gives us that world cup defender, as for me and my household Balogun shall continue to delight our hearts!
I will direct them to one former BCC Gboko centrehalf. Like Balogun he too is strong but can get done for pace too. I trust Rohr will work on a strategy to avoid a repeat of what happened on the second goal.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Would we have qualified without Balogun?

Those tackles he put in, saved us many times.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:You people are funny....anyway, while you are all at it, can you try to clone or discover that world cup center half before next summer. I know they say talk is cheap, but please we need more than talk,just get us thay world cup defender.

I guess those clowns that Iwobi was nutmegging are the world cup defenders. Balogun may not be a world cup player,heck he cant be until he has played there. But one thing for sure he has qualified us playing his hearts out, that will do for me and my household.

So while i wait for you guys to gives us that world cup defender, as for me and my household Balogun shall continue to delight our hearts!

Oloye, let us leave all these funny people alone and put our technical hats on abeg:

[1] I am sure you have watched the goals we conceded since the game and are worried about the second goal we conceded

[2] As you know, when you play 3-5-2, the wingbacks push up and there is space down the channels for the opposition to exploit. One of the centrebacks then has to come across to cover that area

[3] If you look at that goal, Christian Pavon, who had a brilliant game, in what was only his second match for Argentina, exploited this area very well

[4] It was Pavon who crossed that ball for Aguero to score. His pass was inch perfect. He put that ball on a sixpence for Aguero

[5] Ideally, Balogun should have cut that cross out but clearly, he did not have the pace to match Pavon

[6] Down the middle too, neither Ekong or Awazien had the legs to keep pace with Aguero

[7] I do not know if it was a case of Aguero beating them for raw pace or that they failed to anticipate when he started his run to match him but neither Awaziem or Ekong was ever in control of the situation. Their last ditch tackles could even have resorted in an own goal as they slid in

[8] Did you also notice that even if Aguero missed the ball, Di Maria was waiting on the far side for a tap-in? Shehu Abdullahi had not tracked him back

[9] Akpeyi too did not come out to command the area. A goalkeeper like Enyeama or Uzoho would have timed the cross and gone for it

[10] The good thing is that in the second half, Ebuehi and Idowu were tracking back so well that they were able to cut out all such crosses

Rohr has his work cut out but he needs to resolve how to shut down the space in the channels when playing 3-5-2. I am not interested in the fact that Otamendi, Pezzella and Mascherano committed similar blunders or also lacked pace to keep up with counter-attacks.