The strongest & the weakest of the African teams going to WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
The strongest & the weakest of the African teams going to WC

Post by Undertaker »

1- Nigeria
2- Morocco
3- Senegal
4- Egypt
5- Tunisia

Congratulations to all five! Do Africa proud in Russia! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The strongest & the weakest of the African teams going t

Post by muzines »

Pissed off that 3 North African teams are going, but Ivory Coast really pooped in church today. That was disgraceful.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

muzines wrote:Pissed off that 3 North African teams are going, but Ivory Coast really pooped in church today. That was disgraceful.
North African advantage is better management and better coaching than the sub-Saharan teams.... They are definitely not better talented!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Is this an indication of how poor Ghanaian football currently is?
:winking: :winking:
Undertaker wrote:1- Nigeria
2- Morocco
3- Senegal
4- Egypt
5- Tunisia

Congratulations to all five! Do Africa proud in Russia! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Otitokoro wrote:Is this an indication of how poor Ghanaian football currently is?
:winking: :winking:
Undertaker wrote:1- Nigeria
2- Morocco
3- Senegal
4- Egypt
5- Tunisia

Dude, they haven't won a dam thing since 1982! Is that not a better indication that their football is sure trash?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

muzines wrote:Pissed off that 3 North African teams are going, but Ivory Coast really pooped in church today. That was disgraceful.
Ivory Coast surely does not deserve to be in Russia for the WC. Team discipline was lacking, with players acting as if they were on the field for themselves.
When will African players realize that the game is about the team and not the individual? What with players wanting to take on the opposing defense alone.
Kai!, Abidjan would be a cold place tonight.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Undertaker wrote:
North African advantage is better management and better coaching than the sub-Saharan teams.... They are definitely not better talented!
I did ask myself b4 the Ivory Coast/Morocco match who I’d prefer to go thru and in as much as sentiments were for IC, I’m glad Morocco made it. I’m tired of African qualifiers just making up the numbers and achieving moral victories. If an all East African contingent :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: guarantees a good showing then so be it. By good showing I mean 2nd round, 1/4 and 1/2 final berths.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Four good teams and one outlier.

1- Nigeria - most consitent and with a much vaster talent pool than Egypt or Morocco, tactically no worse than Egypt or Morocco, so thats why they are obviously no1.
2- Senegal - most talented, but inconsistent, with the right setup they are Africa's most potent threat and everyone will fear Mane.
3- Egypt - great team, Salah, but I'm not really convinced by them.
4- Morocco - least talent of the four, but play great attacking football, could see them surprise, they could easily prove to be Africa's best team.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5- Tunisia - crap team, only at the World Cup thanks to a 'lucky' draw; knowing them they'll get a repeat luck draw for the World Cup.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I thought Ivory Coast (IV) at home will certainly beat Morocco, only for the opposite to happen. Now I see why many has said IV is a "useless" team
Last edited by Odas on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

Lol @ putting Senegal and Morocco ahead of Egypt. I have no doubt we'd beat both on most days despite a negative manager who gets team selection wrong consistently. We already beat Morocco recently without playing anything close to our strongest 11, while they had their full side.

Senegal is the most overrated team in Africa.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

marutimon wrote:Four good teams and one outlier.

1- Nigeria - most consitent and with a much vaster talent pool than Egypt or Morocco, tactically no worse than Egypt or Morocco, so thats why they are obviously no1.
2- Senegal - most talented, but inconsistent, with the right setup they are Africa's most potent threat and everyone will fear Mane.
4- Morocco - least talent of the four, but play great attacking football, could see them surprise, they could easily prove to be Africa's best team.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5- Tunisia - crap team, only at the World Cup thanks to a 'lucky' draw; knowing them they'll get a repeat luck draw for the World Cup.
Where is TunisiaGooner to defend his country honour.

BTW these are the best countries to represent Africa.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

kastro11 wrote:Lol @ putting Senegal and Morocco ahead of Egypt. I have no doubt we'd beat both on most days despite a negative manager who gets team selection wrong consistently. We already beat Morocco recently without playing anything close to our strongest 11, while they had their full side.

Captain, the problem is that Egypt is a one man team. You shut down Salah and they become a very weak team. Who is your second best player?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

realtrouble wrote:
marutimon wrote:Four good teams and one outlier.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Where is TunisiaGooner to defend his country honour.

BTW these are the best countries to represent Africa.
No, they are not. Tunisia is not. They had the luck of the draw. They still should have gone out vs DRCongo, who were simply the better team. Africa would be better represented by Zambia, Ghana, Mali, Cote d'Ivoire (if they change the coach), Burkina Faso or maybe even Algeria / Cameroon. Hell, I would even prefer Uganda to go.

The only reason Tunisia is at the World Cup is that they were Africa's weakest seed, got the weakest group and still needed Congolese self-destruction at home and a cheating referee to get to the World Cup.

Tunisia has always been a disgrace, save for 1978. I dare them to prove me wrong.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Undertaker wrote:
kastro11 wrote:Lol @ putting Senegal and Morocco ahead of Egypt. I have no doubt we'd beat both on most days despite a negative manager who gets team selection wrong consistently. We already beat Morocco recently without playing anything close to our strongest 11, while they had their full side.

Captain, the problem is that Egypt is a one man team. You shut down Salah and they become a very weak team. Who is your second best player?
Boss I beg to differ, Egypt just like Nigeria has built a very cohesive team unit especially in defense, hard to break down and very good in attack... the subtlety of such a system is that it gives a very attacking talented player (Salah for Egypt and Moses for Nigeria) a free role to be very effective almost single handedly, but the beauty of such a system is that every player is potentially a dangerous player... Team work is key.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Arab spring. When was the last time we have 3 North African countries repping?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

01bakana wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
I did ask myself b4 the Ivory Coast/Morocco match who I’d prefer to go thru and in as much as sentiments were for IC, I’m glad Morocco made it. I’m tired of African qualifiers just making up the numbers and achieving moral victories. If an all East African contingent :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: guarantees a good showing then so be it. By good showing I mean 2nd round, 1/4 and 1/2 final berths.
Me too! I was sitting in front of TV, hoping Ivory Coast (IV) will bounce back and beat Morocco. However, as the game progressed, I was forced to admit IV are useless and it's best they lose and let Morocco go to Russia on behalf of Africa
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is turning out to be one of the weakest World Cup participation ever, which is a good thing for Nigeria. If we get a good draw we might end up winning our group meeting a weak team in the second round.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

Undertaker wrote:Captain, the problem is that Egypt is a one man team. You shut down Salah and they become a very weak team. Who is your second best player?
From this post alone, I can tell you don't watch Egypt play. Classic one man team myth. The reason he gets a lot of goals is due to his excellent ability at finding pockets of space to run into while having very good positional awareness. He hasn't even been our best player in every match. So that shoots down that theory dead.

Cuper is a very defensive minded coach, who curbs the free flowing football we can play. He has a few months to figure it out. Nothing to do with talent.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

The most disappointing team not going Congo DR, when will they finally arrive?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

kastro11 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Captain, the problem is that Egypt is a one man team. You shut down Salah and they become a very weak team. Who is your second best player?
From this post alone, I can tell you don't watch Egypt play. Classic one man team myth. The reason he gets a lot of goals is due to his excellent ability at finding pockets of space to run into while having very good positional awareness. He hasn't even been our best player in every match. So that shoots down that theory dead.

Cuper is a very defensive minded coach, who curbs the free flowing football we can play. He has a few months to figure it out. Nothing to do with talent.
I actually watched all of Egypt matches....... and disagree with you. Egypt is Salah and Mo Salar is Egypt. You can't be a good team with one good player and a bunch of below average players. The reason they are so defensive is because the talent isn't there. Cuper know he is limited when it comes to talent and the only way is to grind out results and play defensively
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Nigeria, Egypt and Senegal are the strongest teams. Morocco has the potential to do well at the Mundial as well. Their defensive record is no joke. Tunisia are the weakest African team going to the World Cup.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Tobi17 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Boss I beg to differ, Egypt just like Nigeria has built a very cohesive team unit especially in defense, hard to break down and very good in attack... the subtlety of such a system is that it gives a very attacking talented player (Salah for Egypt and Moses for Nigeria) a free role to be very effective almost single handedly, but the beauty of such a system is that every player is potentially a dangerous player... Team work is key.
Egypt is a cohesive, strong team with one focal point in Salah.
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

Undertaker wrote:I actually watched all of Egypt matches....... and disagree with you. Egypt is Salah and Mo Salar is Egypt. You can't be a good team with one good player and a bunch of below average players. The reason they are so defensive is because the talent isn't there. Cuper know he is limited when it comes to talent and the only way is to grind out results and play defensively
What's hilarious is that I can tell you're lying, even through a screen. You watched all 5 matches, yet you had to ask who our second best player is?

You don't know a thing about the Egyptian NT. Facts.