Didn't Ayo say Kelechi and Iwobi are not physical enough?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Didn't Ayo say Kelechi and Iwobi are not physical enough

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote: (1) In the first half they were outmuscled to every ball
But you agree that they were physical enough in the second half? I for one have said Iwobi doesn't look physical enough but he and Nacho proved me wrong yesterday.

(2) It was only in the second half when the second half that they got some space

(3) Remember this was a friendly. In competing game, it will remain tight for 90 minutes
would you have held this view if Nigerian had lost? I doubt it

(4) Did you watch Italy vs Sweden? Do you think Iwobi and Iheanacho would survive that game?
I don't see the Swedish or Italians as any more physical that the Argies.

(5) Come the World Cup we need a physical targetman
Being physical is not the be all and end all. We need someone who can find the back of the net. Nacho is very good at that.

(6) Iheanacho cannot hold the ball up with his back to goal -
He disproved that yesterday.

(7) Iwobi struggles to play delicate one-twos as a playmaker on the edge of the area. He does not have the physicality to bulldoze his way through
I don't understand your obsession with physicality. There are loads of strikers who are not big and physical and score goals. so this your fixation doesn't make sense.

(8) Unlike you I am not getting carried away with the result of a friendly
like I said in (3) above if we had lost 4-0 you would say it was only a friendly. Yes it was a friendly but our boys played with heart and desire and great defensive discipline in the second half. If they can play this wasy in a friendly imagine how they will play in a world cup knockout game! :biggrin:

(9) A strong targetman like Emenike and a playmaker like Okocha are still needed. Let’s see if it will be Ighalo and Nwakali or Awoniyi and Iwobi or Kayode and Etebo
We don't have an Okocha so forget that. Even with Okocha we didn't win much did we? No need to keep looking back. We look forward with this young vibrant team. Ighalo will probably make the World cup squad. Awoniyi and Nwakali have a very slim chance if any.

(10) Let us have this discussion again in March after the two next games
Heavy D, quick question: Do you think Italy would have scored against Sweden if they had a Balotelli-type targetman who could hold the ball up and bring others into play?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
But you agree that they were physical enough in the second half? I for one have said Iwobi doesn't look physical enough but he and Nacho proved me wrong yesterday.

(2) It was only in the second half when the second half that they got some space

(3) Remember this was a friendly. In competing game, it will remain tight for 90 minutes

(4) Did you watch Italy vs Sweden? Do you think Iwobi and Iheanacho would survive that game?

Being physical is not the be all and end all. We need someone who can find the back of the net. Nacho is very good at that.

(7) Iwobi struggles to play delicate one-twos as a playmaker on the edge of the area. He does not have the physicality to bulldoze his way through
I don't understand your obsession with physicality. There are loads of strikers who are not big and physical and score goals. so this your fixation doesn't make sense.

like I said in (3) above if we had lost 4-0 you would say it was only a friendly. Yes it was a friendly but our boys played with heart and desire and great defensive discipline in the second half. If they can play this wasy in a friendly imagine how they will play in a world cup knockout game! :biggrin:

(9) A strong targetman like Emenike and a playmaker like Okocha are still needed. Let’s see if it will be Ighalo and Nwakali or Awoniyi and Iwobi or Kayode and Etebo
We don't have an Okocha so forget that. Even with Okocha we didn't win much did we? No need to keep looking back. We look forward with this young vibrant team. Ighalo will probably make the World cup squad. Awoniyi and Nwakali have a very slim chance if any.

Heavy D, quick question: Do you think Italy would have scored against Sweden if they had a Balotelli-type targetman who could hold the ball up and bring others into play?
Do you think Italy will play a man down due to a Balotelli type target man getting a red card?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wanaj0 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:

Do you think Italy will play a man down due to a Balotelli type target man getting a red card?

This is targetman play at its best:

Italy missed this desperately against Sweden. Italy's problem is they failed to replace Balotelli.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Was very surprised how much stronger (body strength) our boys were than the Argie lads. I was shocked when Iwobi shoulder barged tough as nails Mascherano off the ball and kept him at bay like a matador with a bull. Throughout the field our lads did seem so much more physical than Argentina (especially Ogu, Ndidi, and Awaziem).
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

wiseone wrote:Was very surprised how much stronger (body strength) our boys were than the Argie lads. I was shocked when Iwobi shoulder barged tough as nails Mascherano off the ball and kept him at bay like a matador with a bull. Throughout the field our lads did seem so much more physical than Argentina (especially Ogu, Ndidi, and Awaziem).
Lol. I told you folks that Iheanacho laying out Otamendi with a '50/50' elbow during the first 10 mins was a message to Ayo (& his boy Otamendi) that he is 'physical enough to be a target man' :taunt: