Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Gernot Rohr
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm 

Dear Gernot Rohr,

What did you tell those boys in the dressing room?
Where are you getting these players from who are throwing up serious competition for places?
You are lucky that the NFF are more professional these days otherwise with all this talent on show, you will have to live outside this planet before we go to the World Cup and even then members of the NFF board will still send hitmen to threaten you if you don't recall the likes of Michael Babatunde, Emenike and Uchebo to the SE.

Tyrone Ebuehi - Chei! :shock: :shock:
Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

How many do you still have up your sleeve waiting to gatecrash this party?
How can you destroy Argentina like that without Odion Ighalo and our best player (and soon to be announced as African Player of the Year 2017) Victor Moses?
Now that you are setting the bar so high, I hope you will be able to contain the excitement of nigerians who will now be calling for Brazil, Germany and Italy (sorry I forgot Italy failed to qualify.
I hope you know this result will send major shivers across the spine of the footballing world and no manager will want to see the name of Nigeria picked in their group.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:31 pm 

Roohhhhhhrrrrr !! Now am a believer !!!

:evil: :twisted:
Good game against Argentina. Rohr seems to be a great coach, afterall the pain we have suffered in the hands of foreign coaches.

1. Our defense is unassuming with less holes than everrrr !!

2. Team selection is great, no favors nor sentiments

3. Midfield seems to be clicking after so many yrs of dysfunction

4. We seem to utilize the wing attacking games more

5. Rohr has a hunch for tall keepers who have good reach
===================================================
Aaaaaaaggggghhh gaaaddammmnnn ittt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Gernot Rohr
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:16 pm 

Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Where are you getting these players from who are throwing up serious competition for places?
You are lucky that the NFF are more professional these days otherwise with all this talent on show, you will have to live outside this planet before we go to the World Cup and even then members of the NFF board will still send hitmen to threaten you if you don't recall the likes of Michael Babatunde, Emenike and Uchebo to the SE.

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

How can you destroy Argentina like that without Odion Ighalo and our best player (and soon to be announced as African Player of the Year 2017) Victor Moses?
Now that you are setting the bar so high, I hope you will be able to contain the excitement of nigerians who will now be calling for Brazil, Germany and Italy (sorry I forgot Italy failed to qualify.
I hope you know this result will send major shivers across the spine of the footballing world and no manager will want to see the name of Nigeria picked in their group.

Yup! I have a bucket list for Gernot Rohr:

Argentina - one more time for all the bitterness over the years.
Italy - '94, enuff said! Just too painful....
Denmark - No hard feelings but '98 was a shocker
France - Just to set the record straight
England - Their no loss record against African opposition is an eyesore

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:21 pm 

I want England and Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 pm 

felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

:laugh: :mrgreen:

Bi ako ba reni fehinti
Bi ole la a ri
Bi a ko ba reni gbekele
A tera mose eni
Iya re le lowo lowo...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 pm 

Is this cause we beat ARGENTINA in a freindly? Relax abeg

Listen to my beatz^^^^^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:34 pm 

omey2k4 wrote:
Is this cause we beat ARGENTINA in a freindly? Relax abeg

When do you want to believe again? You'll only give a coach his due after he wins the WC? He qualified the team in clinical fashion, and has been able to adjust to varying conditions. Beat a legit WC contender 4-2....Haba, wetin you dey find?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pm 

kash n' karry wrote:

5. Rohr has a hunch for tall keepers who have good reach:

Yet he started Daniel Akpeyi in goal!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 pm 

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
kash n' karry wrote:

....in a Friendly..F R I E N D L Y!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:41 pm 

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
kash n' karry wrote:

Following your logic, he should have tried no player. By now he should had 'your team selection'
penned down with no need for trials.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 am 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
I want England and Denmark

Denmark are very organised team but it will be ok. One of the teams i don't want to be in our group is Croatia.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 am 

felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

Dont get too excited, if Messi had played that game would have been a different outcome. Messi elevates argentina 3 or 4 levels , plus aguero only played first half.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:49 am 

felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

Dont get too excited, if Messi had played that game would have been a different outcome. Messi elevates argentina 3 or 4 levels , plus aguero only played first half.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:57 am 

Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

... but Messi didn't play for Argentina either, so ...

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 pm 

justjuice wrote:
felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

Exactly what I have been thinking/saying, but we will never know.

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:17 pm 

Let's not get carried away..... still vast areas for improvement.

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:26 pm 

justjuice wrote:
felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

Gbam. Anyone who doubts this needs to go and watch their 3-1 win over Ecuador that secured qualification. It was a one-man show. Without Messi, Argentina would not be going to the World Cup at all.

Come the real deal, things will be a lot different. By the way, will the coach and Higuain please sort out their differences.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
justjuice wrote:
felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

Gbam. Anyone who doubts this needs to go and watch their 3-1 win over Ecuador that secured qualification. It was a one-man show. Without Messi, Argentina would not be going to the World Cup at all.

Come the real deal, things will be a lot different. By the way, will the coach and Higuain please sort out their differences.

Was that the only game Messi played in the qualifiers? Guys making it sound like Argentina have never lost a game with Messi playing. Sometimes just give credit and keep it moving. Haba...

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm 

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
justjuice wrote:
felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

Was that the only game Messi played in the qualifiers? Guys making it sound like Argentina have never lost a game with Messi playing. Sometimes just give credit and keep it moving. Haba...

O boy, make we talk true ooo. If to say Messi dey play, in that first half, dem for score pass four oooo. Did you not see how they were picking the wingbacks off?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm 

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
justjuice wrote:
felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

O boy, make we talk true ooo. If to say Messi dey play, in that first half, dem for score pass four oooo. Did you not see how they were picking the wingbacks off?

I've watched the game multiple times and its overblown how good they were in the first half, for all their huffing and puffing they didn't have any clear chances at goal until Akpeyi's moment of madness. And even then they weren't just creating chances galore. But of course with Messi it would be a tougher game, but we also can't downplay the impact of our missing guys against their useless defense.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:38 pm 

justjuice wrote:
felarey wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Nice to have:
Brazil
Germany

Just for giggles:
Ghana

You must be fun at parties....SMH... at those pontificating after the euphoria has worn off. Messi or no Messi, we were so clinical in that 2nd half that we'll have a chance against any team on the planet if we play like that.

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm 

Goldleaf wrote:
Dear Gernot Rohr,

Francis Uzoho
Brian Idowu

Emenike was well worth his place in 2014 and would be a contender if he was available now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 pm 

I still have a few problems with Rohr:

[1] His conservatism gives me cause for concern. It tells me he may be reluctant to make mid-game changes when things are not going well
[2] What infuriates me about him the mist is his insistence on sticking by certain players despite knowing full well that it is not right to do so
[3] Can someone please tell me why he keeps fielding Ahmed Musa for instance? Musa has not played one minute of league football this season
[4] Can someone please tell me why he keeps fielding Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa for instance
[5] The word I heard from camp is that Dele Ajiboye performs best of all the goalkeepers there but Rohr decided he likes Akpeyi and Ezenwa, so will field them come what may
[6] Rohr cannot tell me that he did not know that Tyrone Ebuehi is quicker and offers more going forward than Shehu Abdullahi but yet he chose to go with the weaker player
[7] I am still awaiting a logical explanation as to why Francis Uzoho did not play 180 minutes against Algeria and Argentina
[8] A lot of people here talk bla, bla, bla about who played in the qualifiers or not but they ignore the fact that certain good players did not feature because Gernot Rohr refused to field them. I am sure Tyronne Ebuehi, Henry Onyekuru, Brian Idowu and Ola Aina would have happily played ion the qualifiers if selected
[9] Come the World Cup, Rohr cannot afford to be this sentimental and biased. he has to pick the team based on merit, not on who he likes or does not. I am not 100% certain he will do that
[10] Can anyone here please tell me why Chidiebere Nwakali was called up and Kelechi Nwakali was ignored? Does this make sense to any rational person?