Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:35 pm 

Iwobi has perfected this technique of standing in the middle of the 18, and just guiding the ball to the far post with one touch. That was how he scored against Zambia, and he now scored the same way against Argentina. Many defenders do not anticipate this, and defend deep thereby giving him the space he needs.

His nutmeg of Mascherano was a direct result of the first goal. Mascherano jumped in to block his first touch, and he coolly nutmegged the old man. Iwobi is unpredictable around the 18, which makes him an asset.

He should be a first choice starter in Russia and I think he will score many goals from there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:53 pm 

Iwobi should be our AM.

Mikel and Ndidi behind with Moses and Onyekuru/Nacho on the flanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 pm 

muzines wrote:
Iwobi has perfected this technique of standing in the middle of the 18, and just guiding the ball to the far post with one touch. That was how he scored against Zambia, and he now scored the same way against Argentina. Many defenders do not anticipate this, and defend deep thereby giving him the space he needs.

His nutmeg of Mascherano was a direct result of the first goal. Mascherano jumped in to block his first touch, and he coolly nutmegged the old man. Iwobi is unpredictable around the 18, which makes him an asset.

He should be a first choice starter in Russia and I think he will score many goals from there.

It is because no one else in Eagles contests that run and positioning with him. In Arsenal, everyone including the goal keeper is waiting for the cutback around the D. It is good to see in SE sha to be honest. We can score goals from half chances now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm 

vancity eagle wrote:
Iwobi should be our AM.

If Mikel were faster this will be the perfect Midfield line up for this formation; Ndidi - Mikel - Iwobi. But I will not advocate, too much of a risk.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 pm 

Arsene Wenger described Alex Iwobi at being at his very best in small, tight spaces. He said Iwobi sorts his feet out far quickly than others. We are beginning to see the truth in that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 pm 

vancity eagle wrote:
Iwobi should be our AM.

Then you give up too much in the middle with Mikel there. I don't see a scenario where Rohr drops mikel from his advanced midfield role.

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm 

Goldleaf wrote:
Arsene Wenger described Alex Iwobi at being at his very best in small, tight spaces. He said Iwobi sorts his feet out far quickly than others. We are beginning to see the truth in that.

That statement describes Iwobi perfectly. Arsenal fans on Twitter are asking why he does score like this for them. I think because the other players won’t let him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm 

muzines wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

That statement describes Iwobi perfectly. Arsenal fans on Twitter are asking why he does score like this for them. I think because the other players won’t let him.

Exactly