Who else is bothered about the lack of headed goals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Who else is bothered about the lack of headed goals

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Have you noticed that in qualification, we only scored one headed goal? That was Kelechi Iheanacho's fourth goal against Cameroon in Uyo

[2] Personally, I attribute this to the fact that neither of the fullbacks - Shehu Abdullahi and Uwua Echiejile are good crossers of the ball

[3] Come the World Cup, this is a feature we have to add to our game. it must be an option that it available to the team

[4] cast your mind back to the 2002 World Cup. When Argentina could not break our defence down, they came out in the second half whipping crosses in like madness. Eventually, Gabriel Batistuta scored with a header they give them a 1-0 victory

[5] Also at the 2002 World Cup, Germany beat Saudi Arabia 8-0, with five of the goals coming from headers

[6] Come Russia 2018, we may be grouped with a team that is poor in the air, so this needs to be an area we exploit

[7] I would like to see how good Tyronne Ebuehi and Brian Idowu are at delivering crosses. I want to see the team work on this

[8] For now, we do not know how good we are at scoring headers. I know Odion Ighalo is fairly good in the air but have we ever worked ion feeding him crosses?

[9] To win the World Cup, you need a variety of scoring options - Headers, dead balls, playmaking, pace on the counter attack, intricate passing, shooting from distance, holding up the ball and bringing others into play, etc. At the moment, we appear to be too dependent on quick counter-attacks to score. With our recent publicity following the Argentina won, other teams will study that and take effective measures to counter it

[10] We still have a lot of work to do ladies and gentlemen. Do not be deluded into believing that we are home and dry. I await the March friendlies with eagerness
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who else is bothered about the lack of headed goals

Post by maceo4 »

We need to bring Bright Dike back so he can be heading in our goals like he did against Italy.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

or Victor Agali
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The original Headmaster, Mutiu. Let’s call him to camp
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We need to address the matter of delivery first. Mutiu would not have been that affective in the air without Finidi George in the team.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:We need to bring Bright Dike back so he can be heading in our goals like he did against Italy.
And Sola , Uchebo and Nwofor 9ja best four years ago :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :. This thread is exposing the rambled thoughts of a mad man!!!!
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:We need to bring Bright Dike back so he can be heading in our goals like he did against Italy.
And Sola , Uchebo and Nwofor 9ja best four years ago :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :. This thread is exposing the rambled thoughts of a mad man!!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I swear u owe me another bottle for making me spill this one.
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need to address the matter of delivery first. Mutiu would not have been that affective in the air without Finidi George in the team.
Then let's call Finidi back into the team...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need to address the matter of delivery first. Mutiu would not have been that affective in the air without Finidi George in the team.

Nope. You try and get your fullbacks or wingbacks to deliver Finidi-type crosses.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:

Nope. You try and get your fullbacks or wingbacks to deliver Finidi-type crosses.
And if they don't have it in the Arsenal?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

SE with best header ever against Italy Shola Ameobi is still active and needs invitation

Last edited by jette1 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cito wrote:

And if they don't have it in the Arsenal?

Serious teams that want to win trophies work on such delicate matters non-stop. Just look at the number of crosses Germany provided in this match:

It is things like this that differentiate the likes of Germany, Brazil, Italy, Spain and Holland sand make them different from the rest of the cut. I can guarantee you that Germany will go over crosses repeatedly at their training sessions again and again to make sure they get it right.

Our problem is that we qualify well, win a few games and then think we "have arrived." We do not pay attention to all these details and then get surprised when we lose to the big boys. In contrast, the Meinschaft will dot every I and cross every T.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

jungle-jawara wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I swear u owe me another bottle for making me spill this one.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A case of Americanah, Nigeria has become so yankified the sentiment is all CTE, Codswallop Tosh Encephawhatever, whilst in rule Britannia it's CTE aka Peter Crouch 51 headed goals, Guinness World record holder. Two words, get the ball out wide, hit the byline and swing it in...that's more than two words, exactly!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Coach wrote:A case of Americanah, Nigeria has become so yankified the sentiment is all CTE, Codswallop Tosh Encephawhatever, whilst in rule Britannia it's CTE aka Peter Crouch 51 headed goals, Guinness World record holder. Two words, get the ball out wide, hit the byline and swing it in...that's more than two words, exactly!

Bro, your wordsmithing is something else, can u write in straight simple English without some sort of colonial poetry? Dang... this is a Nigerian football forum not an English poetry forum. U sabi type in broken? My guess is you’ve prolly been in London at least 50yrs,always find your perspective rather odd.:laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Coach wrote:A case of Americanah, Nigeria has become so yankified the sentiment is all CTE, Codswallop Tosh Encephawhatever, whilst in rule Britannia it's CTE aka Peter Crouch 51 headed goals, Guinness World record holder. Two words, get the ball out wide, hit the byline and swing it in...that's more than two words, exactly!
Bro, your wordsmithing is something else, can u write in straight simple English without some sort of colonial poetry? Dang... this is a Nigerian football forum not an English poetry forum. U sabi type in broken? My guess is you’ve prolly been in London at least 50yrs,always find your perspective rather odd.:laugh:
EMIR, please "told him", according to Zebrudayia! Several times, I have said the same thing you just stated to coach and yet he made no changes. I thought one key to communication is to ensure recipients understands the message being delivered clearly, else the whole exercise is a waste.

Coach; please Sir, clarify or simplify your message/grammar. I no be Oyibo man and I no wan be Oyibo man.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Have you noticed that in qualification, we only scored one headed goal? That was Kelechi Iheanacho's fourth goal against Cameroon in Uyo

[2] Personally, I attribute this to the fact that neither of the fullbacks - Shehu Abdullahi and Uwua Echiejile are good crossers of the ball

[3] Come the World Cup, this is a feature we have to add to our game. it must be an option that it available to the team

[4] cast your mind back to the 2002 World Cup. When Argentina could not break our defence down, they came out in the second half whipping crosses in like madness. Eventually, Gabriel Batistuta scored with a header they give them a 1-0 victory

[5] Also at the 2002 World Cup, Germany beat Saudi Arabia 8-0, with five of the goals coming from headers

[6] Come Russia 2018, we may be grouped with a team that is poor in the air, so this needs to be an area we exploit

[7] I would like to see how good Tyronne Ebuehi and Brian Idowu are at delivering crosses. I want to see the team work on this

[8] For now, we do not know how good we are at scoring headers. I know Odion Ighalo is fairly good in the air but have we ever worked ion feeding him crosses?

[9] To win the World Cup, you need a variety of scoring options - Headers, dead balls, playmaking, pace on the counter attack, intricate passing, shooting from distance, holding up the ball and bringing others into play, etc. At the moment, we appear to be too dependent on quick counter-attacks to score. With our recent publicity following the Argentina won, other teams will study that and take effective measures to counter it

[10] We still have a lot of work to do ladies and gentlemen. Do not be deluded into believing that we are home and dry. I await the March friendlies with eagerness
Dude I've been saying this for years and I didn't need a "ten point" list to do so.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Have you noticed that in qualification, we only scored one headed goal? That was Kelechi Iheanacho's fourth goal against Cameroon in Uyo

Dude I've been saying this for years and I didn't need a "ten point" list to do so.
But you aren't AYO! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:The original Headmaster, Mutiu. Let’s call him to camp
Segun Odegbami is also still 'alife'.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am not concerned.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Remember our goal against Sweden in 2002 and Bulgaria in 1994? Do we have that capability today?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I am not bothered.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."