THE CURIOUS CASE OF UCHE AGBO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
THE CURIOUS CASE OF UCHE AGBO

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/19/cu ... ppearance/

ROHR Keeps calling him up but hasn't played him in any of the games much like the experience of Ebuehi. One of 2 things is going on here I think.

1, ROHR likes the sight of him so he invites him so he can see him and they can chat and catch up.
2, ROHR sees something he likes in his game, he sees him getting better but not ready to play him yet. The low risk high reward approach that ROHR has mastered so far.

Unless you believe that Rohr has collected bribe from his agent to keep calling him then option 2 is likely the obvious answer. Agbo is a tough tackling DM/CD, one of the best young ball winners in Europe. If Rohr can develope him and get him to play under control with silly fouls and red cards, he could be a valuable player at the WC. I expect him and Omeruo to fight for the last CD spot. Stay tuned!
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THE CURIOUS CASE OF UCHE AGBO

Post by danfo driver »

Bro, the questions we need to ask are:

1. When last was Rohr paid; and

2. How is he surviving
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:Bro, the questions we need to ask are:

2. How is he surviving

ROHR is getting his salary regularly.might not be on time but he's getting paid and surviving on his salary.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Bro, the questions we need to ask are:

2. How is he surviving

ROHR is getting his salary regularly.might not be on time but he's getting paid and surviving on his salary.
And you are aware of this? How?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/19/cu ... ppearance/

ROHR Keeps calling him up but hasn't played him in any of the games much like the experience of Ebuehi. One of 2 things is going on here I think.

1, ROHR likes the sight of him so he invites him so he can see him and they can chat and catch up.
2, ROHR sees something he likes in his game, he sees him getting better but not ready to play him yet. The low risk high reward approach that ROHR has mastered so far.

Unless you believe that Rohr has collected bribe from his agent to keep calling him then option 2 is likely the obvious answer. Agbo is a tough tackling DM/CD, one of the best young ball winners in Europe. If Rohr can develope him and get him to play under control with silly fouls and red cards, he could be a valuable player at the WC. I expect him and Omeruo to fight for the last CD spot. Stay tuned!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What is it with the affinity on CE for stupid players?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/19/cu ... ppearance/

That’s what Nigerians have become accustomed to.

Babangida (although his talen compensated)
Ikedia
Musa
Simon Moses
Victor Moses (although his talent compensates)
Kaita
Yobo
Onazi
Agbo

Just to name a few. So, of course, when you have these many stupid players, you don’t know how intelligence feels or looks like.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote:

Stupid? Well, according to stats compiled by reputable sites, Agbo is one of the young leaders on the continent in making tackles.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

txj wrote:

Stupid? Well, according to stats compiled by reputable sites, Agbo is one of the young leaders on the continent in making stupid tackles.

Fixed
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

txj wrote:
txj wrote:

Stupid? Well, according to stats compiled by reputable sites, Agbo is one of the young leaders on the continent in making stupid tackles.

Fixed

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That too.

Really needs to cut the silly fouls out of his game. But not a bad player. All the same, I don't see him making the final cut.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mystic wrote:
txj wrote:
txj wrote:

Fixed

That too.

Really needs to cut the silly fouls out of his game. But not a bad player. All the same, I don't see him making the final cut.
You probably didn’t see ogu and Ebuehi making it a few days ago either. Remind yourself that all our opinions here are rudimentary when it comes to player selections. We just don’t know enough, but when a player is repeatedly called by the coach it usually means he sees some value that u don’t even know how to see. :biggrin:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

mystic wrote:
txj wrote:
txj wrote:

Fixed

That too.

You probably didn’t see ogu and Ebuehi making it a few days ago either. Remind yourself that all our opinions here are rudimentary when it comes to player selections. We just don’t know enough, but when a player is repeatedly called by the coach it usually means he sees some value that u don’t even know how to see. :biggrin:
I didn't foresee Ogu playing that well. I no go lie. But Ebuehi, if you've seen any of his games, that is what he's capable of doing.

As for Agbo, his problem is the folks he has ahead of him (Onazi, Ndidi, Agu, Ogu). Not to mention the possibility of Joel Obi (if he can stay healthy). What he's got going for him is his versatility but that may not be enough. Needless to say, when he gets his chance he better seize it.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mystic wrote:
mystic wrote:
txj wrote:
txj wrote:

Fixed

That too.

I didn't foresee Ogu playing that well. I no go lie. But Ebuehi, if you've seen any of his games, that is what he's capable of doing.

As for Agbo, his problem is the folks he has ahead of him (Onazi, Ndidi, Agu, Ogu). Not to mention the possibility of Joel Obi (if he can stay healthy). What he's got going for him is his versatility but that may not be enough. Needless to say, when he gets his chance he better seize it.
Mr Mystic, where is our depth chart? It's been 2 yrs since u promised to do another one. Berra do Kia Kia wit alacrity bifor I bring out the "U" word for you and put in the same category as some of our unsavory characters on CE. :thumb: :biggrin:
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I have watched Uche play. Last season, I focused on him a bit. I'm sad to report....He no bi am!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Rohr fielded the whole lot of them (Agbo, Ebuehi, Onyekuru, etc) against Corsica, but that's technically not a full international. Agbo is clearly on the bubble, and one suspects that he is only in the squad because of his purportedly versatility at various positions (albeit that "versatility" is of questionable usefulness given that he is a subpar CD - but he is a decent enough DM, contrary to TXJ's proclamation), and if/when Rohr finds more qualitative depth his place in the squad would become readily expendable.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Victor Moses is our best player. If anyone calls Victor Moses a stupid player for Nigeria then all our players are stupid because Victor Moses is our best player
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:

Rohr fielded the whole lot of them (Agbo, Ebuehi, Onyekuru, etc) against Corsica, but that's technically not a full international. Agbo is clearly on the bubble, and one suspects that he is only in the squad because of his purportedly versatility at various positions (albeit that "versatility" is of questionable usefulness given that he is a subpar CD - but he is a decent enough DM, contrary to TXJ's proclamation), and if/when Rohr finds more qualitative depth his place in the squad would become readily expendable.
Brutally wicked!
I am happy
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Agbo isnt good enough imho
Very wild in his tackling
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

smartbrother wrote:Agbo isnt good enough imho
Very wild in his tackling
KPOM!. I watched him, trying to get excited about him but no!