Nigeria v Arg: The Excellent, The Good, The Average, The bad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Arg: The Excellent, The Good, The Average, The

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:I know if people know football based on how the rate Mikel and Ogu.

Football made easy.

Gragra is NOT football. Pesin way fit do to-me-to-you just put ball for my foot... don't worry about traffic around me... I already know where my open guy is.
Nah bruh, Onazi will start anyday over Ogu, does that mean that Rohr doesn't know football? Why wouldn't he choose the football made easy option?
Because you like Ayo knows how Rohr rates players?

Rohr has the personnel to play different styles. Onazi playing over Ogu does not mean that Onazi is better... neither does Ogu playing over Onazi. I am glad he played Ogu full 90 minutes for both games to see how much he can trust him. Mind you, there were other midfielders on the bench who could have come in had he stunk up the joint.

What I love so far is the depth... we will keep getting more quality depth.

Ps., we know you don't know football... you have always been hating on Mikel when he has always been our best player for a long time. To-me-to-you is not your cup of tea. :taunt:
I'd see your point if Rohr had ever started Ogu over Onazi in any meaningful game which just isn't the case. I'm not claiming to know what's in Rohrs mind but based on his actual actions one can deduce he doesn't seem to like football made easy aka lazy big man game as much as all action balling :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:I know if people know football based on how the rate Mikel and Ogu.

Football made easy.

Gragra is NOT football. Pesin way fit do to-me-to-you just put ball for my foot... don't worry about traffic around me... I already know where my open guy is.
Nah bruh, Onazi will start anyday over Ogu, does that mean that Rohr doesn't know football? Why wouldn't he choose the football made easy option?

Rohr has the personnel to play different styles. Onazi playing over Ogu does not mean that Onazi is better... neither does Ogu playing over Onazi. I am glad he played Ogu full 90 minutes for both games to see how much he can trust him. Mind you, there were other midfielders on the bench who could have come in had he stunk up the joint.

Ps., we know you don't know football... you have always been hating on Mikel when he has always been our best player for a long time. To-me-to-you is not your cup of tea. :taunt:
I'd see your point if Rohr had ever started Ogu over Onazi in any meaningful game which just isn't the case. I'm not claiming to know what's in Rohrs mind but based on his actual actions one can deduce he doesn't seem to like football made easy aka lazy big man game as much as all action balling :taunt:
That is why he doesn't start Mikel as well, who is the professor of football made easy... who you have personally championed the bad belle on. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Football made easy.

That is why he doesn't start Mikel as well, who is the professor of football made easy... who you have personally championed the bad belle on. :taunt:
Mikel na god for that our team, abeg he is the real football made easy, not that slow poke Ogu. Even capito was doing more running and tracking, I no dey yab Mikel again why are you dwelling in the past ehn Oga? :???: :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

All I know is any team naïve enough to let Mikel shield and turn on them is in serious trouble. 80% a goal scoring opportunity comes if he turns after shielding in the opponent's half.

Mikel is QUALITY. And the shielding is to our advantage. Just because a player is running doesn't mean he's open.

BTW who saw the shest control and nasal he used to release Iwobi in the second half? Omo balla-n-le!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote:All I know is any team naïve enough to let Mikel shield and turn on them is in serious trouble. 80% a goal scoring opportunity comes if he turns after shielding in the opponent's half.

Mikel is QUALITY. And the shielding is to our advantage. Just because a player is running doesn't mean he's open.

BTW who saw the shest control and nasal he used to release Iwobi in the second half? Omo balla-n-le!
Pure baller on that play kai chest turn then outside of the foot pass into space for Kelechi who got easily dispossessed one on one mschew.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

You guys criticizing mikel dont realize that he was playing a different role as a DM. He reverted to his Chelsea holding style days. Mikels creativity is going to be reserved for teams with less potent attackers.

What was a revelation was the ability of iwobi to play as a lone striker. Iheanacho has lost that position to iwobi as has ighalo. I suspect rohr next friendly is going to try to test out iheanacho in the central AM position which I believe is his best spot. Here is where rohr is going against the brazils and germanys of the world:

------------------ iwobi -------------------

Moses --------- Iheanacho ----------- Simon ----

-------------Ndidi --------------- Mikel ----------------
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

kali wrote:You guys criticizing mikel dont realize that he was playing a different role as a DM. He reverted to his Chelsea holding style days. Mikels creativity is going to be reserved for teams with less potent attackers.

What was a revelation was the ability of iwobi to play as a lone striker. Iheanacho has lost that position to iwobi as has ighalo. I suspect rohr next friendly is going to try to test out iheanacho in the central AM position which I believe is his best spot. Here is where rohr is going against the brazils and germanys of the world:

How can any sane human watch the 2nd half of Nigeria vs Argentina and still be clamoring for a junk player like Simon in SE? Is Simon paying you or are you just plain daft like some uninformed immature mugus on CE. It's time to do better, Simon is not good enough abeg
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kali wrote:You guys criticizing mikel dont realize that he was playing a different role as a DM. He reverted to his Chelsea holding style days. Mikels creativity is going to be reserved for teams with less potent attackers.

You haven’t been paying attention. Rohr will never again play that unbalanced lineup unless he’s chasing a game. In fact the Argentina game betrayed his preference: we were down at HT, yet he replaced his wingbacks while his middle trio played the entire 90 mins. However if we play a country like NZ or Saudi Arabia, I guess losing one starting CM shouldn’t hurt.