Sampaoli confounded by Eagles performance in friendly loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sampaoli confounded by Eagles performance in friendly loss

Post by Sir V »

The man talk true.

https://www.aclsports.com/6932-2/

Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli could not find the right words to describe his team’s display after a terrific second half performance by Nigeria blew the Seleçion away in a friendly match on Tuesday.

Sampaoli’s wards took a commanding 2-0 lead in the first half but Nigeria halved the deficit just before the break through Kelechi Iheanacho’s sumptuous free kick.

Alex Iwobi scored twice in the second half, either side of debutant Bryan Idowu’s strike to complete a remarkable turnaround for the Nigerians at the Krasnodar City Stadium in Russia.

Sampaoli cut a confused figure at the post-match press conference where he had to provide answers to many begging questions arising from their shock capitulation.

“I think it was a very difficult game to explain,” begun the former Chile manager.
“We had the chance to go 3-0 or 4-0 up in the first half but we ended going with a 2-1 lead.

“The momentum swung in their favour in the second half after they scored three goals in nine minutes from long range shots,” analysed Sampaoli.

With Sampaoli forced to change striker Sergio Aguero at half time after he was reported concussed, the hopes of the Argentines to seal victory in the second half was dashed so early by the re-energized Nigerians.

“The team went to look for a third goal but we did not have the ability and energy we had in the first half, where we pressed high and generated high-flying moves in which the margin could have been extended,” added Sampaoli.

The 57-year old is more concerned with his team’s reaction when they conceded Idowu’s goal and drew inference from an earlier game during World Cup qualifying in September.
https://www.aclsports.com/6932-2/

“My biggest concern is when the team is behind. I know that we have the capacity and individuals that allow you to know that, at any moment, these circumstances could happen.

“I am worried about what happened because it also happened in the second half against Venezuela. These things are what we have to improve on,” he bemoaned.

He was however quick to harp on the positives from the game which he believes his team will take with them.

“I draw many positive things from the game, especially the dominant first half.

“Negatively and unfortunately, we lost a game, that can be confusing, but that should not blind us that Argentina had an incredible first half, where we could beat the opponent.

“The team when it is very good, can beat anyone, but when the adversity touches you, we must be strong to reverse it,” he concluded.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sampaoli confounded by Eagles performance in friendly lo

Post by smartbrother »

If they can fix their defence it Wouldn't surprise too see Argentina make the final in Russia or even win the wc
they are a dangerous team even without messi
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

They were naive in defence, i have never seen a bunch of unprofessional defenders lumped together. AS soon as they see us with the ball they lose their shape and are all drawn to the ball like school boys!

If there is ever the time the word naive comes to good use, it is for these Argies
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:They were naive in defence, i have never seen a bunch of unprofessional defenders lumped together. AS soon as they see us with the ball they lose their shape and are all drawn to the ball like school boys!

If there is ever the time the word naive comes to good use, it is for these Argies

Their defence is also ageing. Mascherano and Otamendi do not have the legs to keep up with youngsters. Did you notice how energetic they were in the first half and ran out of gas in thwe second half. It was kind of like they were playing with 11 Mikels.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The momentum swung in their favour in the second half after they scored three goals in nine minutes from long range shots,” analysed Sampaoli
Long range shots?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:They were naive in defence, i have never seen a bunch of unprofessional defenders lumped together. AS soon as they see us with the ball they lose their shape and are all drawn to the ball like school boys!

They reminded me of Man City defense last season.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The last Argentina team that had a good defense was the 1986 WC winning team. Since then, Argentina have never had a good defense. In 1990 they were bailed out by a super hero goalkeeper. They only know how to play one way. They hope to overwhelm their opponents with all out attack. If you are patient, you can withstand their attacks and hurt them real bad on the counter. If you crumble in fear in front of them and forget your game plan, they will hurt you real bad.

Wha choo looking at?!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Their defence is also ageing. Mascherano and Otamendi do not have the legs to keep up with youngsters. Did you notice how energetic they were in the first half and ran out of gas in thwe second half. It was kind of like they were playing with 11 Mikels.
Otamendi is 29!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

niyi wrote:
The momentum swung in their favour in the second half after they scored three goals in nine minutes from long range shots,” analysed Sampaoli
Long range shots?
You dey mind the guy, he is not only confounded but confused
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Otamendi is 29!!
But his best days are behind him. Five years ago, he would have closed Iwobi down.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Otamendi is 29!!
But his best days are behind him. Five years ago, he would have closed Iwobi down.
I don't get this, why is it that when we do well you always rubbish our opposition???? What is your agenda? You reference Rohrs one loss to support all your hogwash, then when we do well you say the opposition was trash. Give credit where credit is due, haba!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

A 29 year old does not have the legs? Abi? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
Long range shots?
He doesnt want to be honest about what happened :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Otamendi is 29!!
I have always found you a very interesting man. In the old days, you'd be accused of being a house-negroe! You simply cannot accept it when a black man destroys your white master! It hurts you! it hunts you and it pains you! If it were up to you, your white master will always be on top!

N!3ger!!!! let me spell it out to you! Otamendi was a sh1t defender when he was 24!!! Did you even know him??? In fact when he was 26 at Valencia, he had a horrible season. He is only now becoming a top performing defender! Otamendi is 29 and he destroys strikers in the EPL. Iwobi destroyed him because Iwobi is a top top player! Has nothing to do with your White master being 29, not having legs or whatever fooooking excuse you wasnt to give for your master! Please, have some damn shame!

Akpeyi is 31, did you provide excuses for him??? NO! He is not a white man!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Otamendi is 29!!
I have always found you a very interesting man. In the old days, you'd be accused of being a house-negroe! You simply cannot accept it when a black man destroys your white master! It hurts you! it hunts you and it pains you! If it were up to you, your white master will always be on top!

N!3ger!!!! let me spell it out to you! Otamendi was a sh1t defender when he was 24!!! Did you even know him??? In fact when he was 26 at Valencia, he had a horrible season. He is only now becoming a top performing defender! Otamendi is 29 and he destroys strikers in the EPL. Iwobi destroyed him because Iwobi is a top top player! Has nothing to do with your White master being 29, not having legs or whatever fooooking excuse you wasnt to give for your master! Please, have some damn shame!

You guys know I’m not a big fan of Ayo, but we need to stop with this house negro nonsense.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

muzines wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Otamendi is 29!!

You guys know I’m not a big fan of Ayo, but we need to stop with this house negro nonsense.
I am not interested in your opinion
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
Long range shots?
He doesnt want to be honest about what happened :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I notice that a lot when we beat the SA guys, they never give credit to the opposition, they go on about what they didnt do, is it possible the opponent did not allow them to do such?...not a single comment of congratulations or acknowledgement

I mean how did a team score 3 on you in 9 minute spell...could it be because they were the better side over 90+ minutes
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are assuming that Ayo actually know who Otamendi is ???? Continue :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

No mind am...the same Otamendi that starts for one of the top 5 clubs in europe?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Otamendi is 29!!

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

'

It is a friendly. Good win for Nigeria. We shouldn't get carried away. I saw a lot of problems with the Eagles. I doubt we will play the 3-5-2 going forward. The players were confused early defensively in that formation.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I like how an African team exploited another teams defensive deficiency,thats what what i hope happens at the world cup. mistakes we made in the past in general was simply because being Niave defensively...Thats what i enjoyed the most.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^