4 Players who could gatrcrash the WC squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
4 Players who could gatrcrash the WC squad

Post by Dammy »

These are indeed interesting times to be a SE fan. The team is playing well and on a high and Rohr has made competition for places intense. Over the next 7-8 months, players will be trying their best to catch his eye and I have identified 4 players who could add quality to a squad that is already full of quality.
1. Noel Sarenren-Bazee: If not for injury, he would have made his debut for the SE. He is highly rated in Germany and considered a steal for Nigeria. His game has been likened to that of Man City's Leroy Sane. Rohr went to personally convince him to switch to Nigeria and I believe he will give him a chance. He is back in full training with Hannover and if he keeps fit and is in form, he could gatecrash the 23 man WC squad.
2.Joel Obi: This is a no brainer, a fit Joel goes to the WC. He is young and has a lot of experience in Serie A, UCL abd UEL. He has been on top form this season and has added goals to his game. His return from Injury has lifted his club, Torino, and that is the impact that he is having. He adds value to the squad and even if not starting, the fact that he is on the bench gives confidence to me as an SE fan,
3. Isaac Success: A fit Success adds value to the squad, his pace, power and trickery gives the SE options in attack. He can operate from either wing or from the center. His advisors have spoken to him and he has promised to clean up his act and be more professional after he recovers from his recent surgery,
4. Felix Uduikhai: Another player that adds value to the squad. He seems to be leaning towards opting for Nigeria as his recent decisions to not attend the German U20 squad and his non listing for the recent German U21 friendly internationals suggest. A young top quality CD, who could complete the WC quartet of CDs alongside Ekong, Awaziem and Balogun.
In the 2018 WC squad, I believe there will be no room for passengers and every player must be able to contribute to the team's success.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 4 Players who could gatrcrash the WC squad

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I cannot fault the argument being put forward here or the quality of the players listed. All I really can do is add a few more:

Kingsley Ehizibue
Kevin Akpoguma
Kelechi Nwakali
Taiwo Awoniyi
Victor Osimhen
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I cannot fault the argument being put forward here or the quality of the players listed. All I really can do is add a few more:

Kingsley Ehizibue
Felix Uduokhai
Kelechi Nwakali
Taiwo Awoniyi
Victor Osimhen
Did you not see that he listed Uduokhai already?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I cannot fault the argument being put forward here or the quality of the players listed. All I really can do is add a few more:

Kingsley Ehizibue
Felix Uduokhai
Kelechi Nwakali
Taiwo Awoniyi
Victor Osimhen
Did you not see that he listed Uduokhai already?

Correction made.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Awoniyi may be the first legit striker SE have ever produced. I have high hopes for him
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

If these 4 are fit, our World Cup team will be very strong. However, it seems likely that they'll be replacing senior members of the team, from the 2013 era such as Omeruo , Ogu and Musa. I'm not to sure how this would effect the balance and chemistry of the team.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ANC wrote:Awoniyi may be the first legit striker SE have ever produced. I have high hopes for him
Really? I haven't seen much of him since his Liverpool move and subsequent loan. I have more hopes for Osimhen.

Not sure why people keep bringing up Joel Obi.

So who's the better player/prospect, Noel Sarenren-Bazee or Cyriel Dessers?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

ANC wrote:Awoniyi may be the first legit striker SE have ever produced. I have high hopes for him
Not ready yet
In four years time he could be a force to be reckoned with
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet
Taiwo Awoniyi is actually one striker who is playing week-in-week-out at Royal Excel Mouscron. He has scored four goals so far this season. I fail to understand why he is not yet ready for the World Cup.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet
Taiwo Awoniyi is actually one striker who is playing week-in-week-out at Royal Excel Mouscron. He has scored four goals so far this season. I fail to understand why he is not yet ready for the World Cup.
Not sure why you keep pushing these unproven strikers as if it is a matter of course that they should be and are ready for the WC.
Awoniyi and Osimhen are young gems still trying to establish themselves.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest they are anywhere near ready to do the business on the greatest soccer stage of all - the WC.

The youngsters England is experimenting with are at least playing regularly in one of the top 3 leagues in the world (the EPL) and face players of world class week in, week out. Same cannot be said for these two young men. Even Uzoho who is in their age bracket that we have given a chance is slightly different in that he is a GK, plays in Spain and is pushing for a place where we have a serious crisis.

It is difficult to explain how you can justify parachuting these two rookies in right at the deep end and expect them to perform just like that.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I like Taiwo probably more than most here but he's not ready. Scoring 4 goals at Mouscron and putting our hopes of him outwitting worlds tip defenders is just sheer stupidity
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Dammy wrote:
4. Felix Uduikhai: Another player that adds value to the squad. He seems to be leaning towards opting for Nigeria as his recent decisions to not attend the German U20 squad and his non listing for the recent German U21 friendly internationals suggest. A young top quality CD, who could complete the WC quartet of CDs alongside Ekong, Awaziem and Balogun.
In the 2018 WC squad, I believe there will be no room for passengers and every player must be able to contribute to the team's success.
My guy, CE should be a medium for knowledge and not speculation. The reason why Udo did not make his debut for Germany U-21 was due to his knee problems. He came to Munich recently to have it treated by the famous Dr.Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. Get your facts right before you post!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yiba wrote:
Dammy wrote:
My guy, CE should be a medium for knowledge and not speculation. The reason why Udo did not make his debut for Germany U-21 was due to his knee problems. He came to Munich recently to have it treated by the famous Dr.Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. Get your facts right before you post!
Choi!!!
Dammy, over to you! :D
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet
Not sure why you keep pushing these unproven strikers as if it is a matter of course that they should be and are ready for the WC.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest they are anywhere near ready to do the business on the greatest soccer stage of all - the WC.

The youngsters England is experimenting with are at least playing regularly in one of the top 3 leagues in the world (the EPL) and face players of world class week in, week out. Same cannot be said for these two young men. Even Uzoho who is in their age bracket that we have given a chance is slightly different in that he is a GK, plays in Spain and is pushing for a place where we have a serious crisis.

It is difficult to explain how you can justify parachuting these two rookies in right at the deep end and expect them to perform just like that.
Please name those who you think are their betters.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Yiba wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Do we know if he has made his mind up yet?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theYemster wrote:
Really? I haven't seen much of him since his Liverpool move and subsequent loan. I have more hopes for Osimhen.

So who's the better player/prospect, Noel Sarenren-Bazee or Cyriel Dessers?
Seriously the Joel Obi question is beyond me too.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet

Ighalo for starters. Kayode.
I'd even give Aaron Olanare another look before dropping those two in it.

Ahmed Musa for instance as far as I remember has always been used as a wide player for the SE, but in CSKA Moscow he was far more successful as a central striker.
I'd experiment with that before unfairly and unwisely putting all our hopes on those two kids.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

If Awoniyi is fit and in form - he will make it

To be honesty no matter how much we prepare – our defense will never be the strongest we always coincide silly goals – therefore lets just concentrate on our strong point- attacking – pace tricky and power. The attack must have enough bite – to make opponent think twice b4 attacking back – 2013 u17 squad was just a perfect example of how I wished SE played- creating chances upon chances – inform Awoniyi –Success –MosesX2 –Nacho-Kayode-Onyekeru-Osheime
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet

Ighalo for starters. Kayode.
I'd even give Aaron Olanare another look before dropping those two in it.

Ahmed Musa for instance as far as I remember has always been used as a wide player for the SE, but in CSKA Moscow he was far more successful as a central striker.
I'd experiment with that before unfairly and unwisely putting all our hopes on those two kids.
Na which day Ahmed Musa play ball last?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet

Ayo and knee jerk players.

To pick players like Awoniyi and Osimhen, they have to be exceptional at club level and/or there has to be an acute dearth of personnel in their national team positions.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

anointed wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet

Ayo and knee jerk players.

To pick players like Awoniyi and Osimhen, they have to be exceptional at club level and/or there has to be an acute dearth of personnel in their national team positions.

...which there currently is!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

theYemster wrote:
Probably because he's a good player who features in a good team in a top European league, and plays a position in which we're lacking. Might be that.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Yiba wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I did a google search and I noted Felix Uduikhai is indeed seeing Dr.Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. I must admit, this news has me worried he will opt for Germany.

However, I do not question Dammy's reasoning and analysis, indeed I am largely in line with his thinking, although he does not mention it, I think he also factored in the key proviso of the position and the quality of the current competition in that position in the squad. I believe there is room for improvement in our wide and creative positions, just like I believe there is room for improvement to the backups players in the CD positions and of course the Goalie position. But I think any striker not in the mix right now, is at a huge disadvantage in getting into the WC sqaud.

In view of the above, I will add Kelechi Nwankali to his list as an outside gamble, whilst removing Isaac Success.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.