4 Players who could gatrcrash the WC squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 4 Players who could gatrcrash the WC squad

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:
ANC wrote:Awoniyi may be the first legit striker SE have ever produced. I have high hopes for him
Not sure why people keep bringing up Joel Obi.
Probably because he's a good player who features in a good team in a top European league, and plays a position in which we're lacking. Might be that.
Simple. :D
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
anointed wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
ANC wrote:Awoniyi may be the first legit striker SE have ever produced. I have high hopes for him
Not ready yet
In four years time he could be a force to be reckoned with
Taiwo Awoniyi is actually one striker who is playing week-in-week-out at Royal Excel Mouscron. He has scored four goals so far this season. I fail to understand why he is not yet ready for the World Cup.
Not sure why you keep pushing these unproven strikers as if it is a matter of course that they should be and are ready for the WC.
Awoniyi and Osimhen are young gems still trying to establish themselves.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest they are anywhere near ready to do the business on the greatest soccer stage of all - the WC.

The youngsters England is experimenting with are at least playing regularly in one of the top 3 leagues in the world (the EPL) and face players of world class week in, week out. Same cannot be said for these two young men. Even Uzoho who is in their age bracket that we have given a chance is slightly different in that he is a GK, plays in Spain and is pushing for a place where we have a serious crisis.

It is difficult to explain how you can justify parachuting these two rookies in right at the deep end and expect them to perform just like that.
Ayo and knee jerk players.

To pick players like Awoniyi and Osimhen, they have to be exceptional at club level and/or there has to be an acute dearth of personnel in their national team positions.

...which there currently is!
Only the goalkeeping position has an acute dearth.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

anointed wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
anointed wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet
Taiwo Awoniyi is actually one striker who is playing week-in-week-out at Royal Excel Mouscron. He has scored four goals so far this season. I fail to understand why he is not yet ready for the World Cup.
Not sure why you keep pushing these unproven strikers as if it is a matter of course that they should be and are ready for the WC.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest they are anywhere near ready to do the business on the greatest soccer stage of all - the WC.

The youngsters England is experimenting with are at least playing regularly in one of the top 3 leagues in the world (the EPL) and face players of world class week in, week out. Same cannot be said for these two young men. Even Uzoho who is in their age bracket that we have given a chance is slightly different in that he is a GK, plays in Spain and is pushing for a place where we have a serious crisis.

It is difficult to explain how you can justify parachuting these two rookies in right at the deep end and expect them to perform just like that.

To pick players like Awoniyi and Osimhen, they have to be exceptional at club level and/or there has to be an acute dearth of personnel in their national team positions.

Only the goalkeeping position has an acute dearth.
Apart from Ighalo, who else can hold the ball up for Nigeria?
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Only Sarenren is likely to make the WC squad
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Felis Uduokhai, who Yiba claimed is in Munich undergoing surgery was in Wolfsburg training today!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Yiba wrote:
Dammy wrote:
4. Felix Uduikhai: Another player that adds value to the squad. He seems to be leaning towards opting for Nigeria as his recent decisions to not attend the German U20 squad and his non listing for the recent German U21 friendly internationals suggest. A young top quality CD, who could complete the WC quartet of CDs alongside Ekong, Awaziem and Balogun.
In the 2018 WC squad, I believe there will be no room for passengers and every player must be able to contribute to the team's success.
My guy, CE should be a medium for knowledge and not speculation. The reason why Udo did not make his debut for Germany U-21 was due to his knee problems. He came to Munich recently to have it treated by the famous Dr.Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. Get your facts right before you post!
So how come he trained with Wolfsburg today?
I am happy
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Dammy wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Dammy wrote:
4. Felix Uduikhai: Another player that adds value to the squad. He seems to be leaning towards opting for Nigeria as his recent decisions to not attend the German U20 squad and his non listing for the recent German U21 friendly internationals suggest. A young top quality CD, who could complete the WC quartet of CDs alongside Ekong, Awaziem and Balogun.
In the 2018 WC squad, I believe there will be no room for passengers and every player must be able to contribute to the team's success.
My guy, CE should be a medium for knowledge and not speculation. The reason why Udo did not make his debut for Germany U-21 was due to his knee problems. He came to Munich recently to have it treated by the famous Dr.Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. Get your facts right before you post!
If you want to know more about Felix then ask politely instead of embarrassing yourself. I said, he came to Munich recently for treatment, and he has been fit since Monday.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Yiba wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Dammy wrote:
If you want to know more about Felix then ask politely instead of embarrassing yourself. I said, he came to Munich recently for treatment, and he has been fit since Monday.
Do you have a problem? First it is speculation. now it is embarrassment. My final warning to you, if you cannot be civil don't respond to my posts otherwise! Did I not ask asked you a question? or you want me to put Sir? Or is it that you have comprehension issues?
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Really? I haven't seen much of him since his Liverpool move and subsequent loan. I have more hopes for Osimhen.

So who's the better player/prospect, Noel Sarenren-Bazee or Cyriel Dessers?
Seriously the Joel Obi question is beyond me too.
I was beginning to wonder whether there's something I missed on Joel with all this noise on him lately. :mrgreen:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Taking Joel Obi to the world cup is like placing a punctured spare tyre in the trunk of your car
We have what, two , three friendly internationals left?
And you want to waste them trying out a player who is certain to be injured during or before the world cup?
this is just crazy to me
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Probably because he's a good player who features in a good team in a top European league, and plays a position in which we're lacking. Might be that.

Every time I hear Joel Obi, I become scared of getting injured sitting on my couch....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

And the way people are shouting Awoniyi, one would think he is a Yekini or Lewandowski... he is a young striker that may or may not be ready to be part of the squad.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:These are indeed interesting times to be a SE fan. The team is playing well and on a high and Rohr has made competition for places intense. Over the next 7-8 months, players will be trying their best to catch his eye and I have identified 4 players who could add quality to a squad that is already full of quality.
1. Noel Sarenren-Bazee: If not for injury, he would have made his debut for the SE. He is highly rated in Germany and considered a steal for Nigeria. His game has been likened to that of Man City's Leroy Sane. Rohr went to personally convince him to switch to Nigeria and I believe he will give him a chance. He is back in full training with Hannover and if he keeps fit and is in form, he could gatecrash the 23 man WC squad.
If he is fit and playing, i'd be shocked if he misses out. I actually forgot about him, but you are right! the fact that Rohr personally convinced him to play, gives him and edge. it means Rohr is wants him.

If he can push Musa or Simon out, the better. Or who knows, the coach can decide to take Musa as his 3rd Striker behind Iheanacho and Ighalo. I'd have prefered Kayode for that 3rd position (since Osimehn hasnt played much), but I dont think Rohr will drop Musa and take Kayode
2.Joel Obi: This is a no brainer, a fit Joel goes to the WC. He is young and has a lot of experience in Serie A, UCL abd UEL. He has been on top form this season and has added goals to his game. His return from Injury has lifted his club, Torino, and that is the impact that he is having. He adds value to the squad and even if not starting, the fact that he is on the bench gives confidence to me as an SE fan,
is it? For any serious coach, it is NOT. Yes, any player can get injured at anytime, but its NOT a no brainer to count on a player that has a serious injury problem. You have to weigh the decision to bring him in against the possibility that you will have to play the whole tournament with 22 players. Is he at the level where we are prepared to risk a spot for him?

And please, tell us about the "a lot of experience in... [] UCL" that Obi has, thanks.
3. Isaac Success: A fit Success adds value to the squad, his pace, power and trickery gives the SE options in attack. He can operate from either wing or from the center. His advisors have spoken to him and he has promised to clean up his act and be more professional after he recovers from his recent surgery,
Are his advisors on Cybereagles?

I am one of Isaac's biggest fans. But he is a disgrace. I have lost respect for him and he has also lost my fanaticism. Someone who is not interested in success or capitalizing on his talent is not worth my time.

This is my wish and hope, but I do not want to get carried away.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

What’s with ayo and hold ball nonsense? Strikers are there to score goals idk why his so optimistic about holding ball. This is the same nonsense that issue was doing in Eagles. Holding ball instead of scoring. For me Kelechi is eagles best striker his game to goal ratio was very good 2years ahi under pellegrini and he was doing it by playing as a top 9. Create chances for Kelechi and he would score. He doesn’t need to know how to hold the ball to core goals. Our top 2 strikers are Kelechi and ighalo if they get injured then we can find newer replacements
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

sholaJay wrote:If these 4 are fit, our World Cup team will be very strong. However, it seems likely that they'll be replacing senior members of the team, from the 2013 era such as Omeruo , Ogu and Musa. I'm not to sure how this would effect the balance and chemistry of the team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Senior members." Bro, we dont do senior asnd junior anymore. Thats why we have a peace corps team.

And Ogu, fit, is going to the world cup. You better start preparing your mind, so that you dont have a meltdown next year. :lol: :lol:

Omeruo cannot even make the team right now, and had to come in from the waitlist. :lol: :lol: When Omeruo starts taking his career, seriously, Nigeria will take him seriously.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:I like Taiwo probably more than most here but he's not ready. Scoring 4 goals at Mouscron and putting our hopes of him outwitting worlds tip defenders is just sheer stupidity
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Better player who's likely good enough to get into the team but you get the feeling Rohr is done tinkering with the central midfield. Barring an injury it'll be Mikel, Ndidi, Onazi, Etebo, Ogu and Agu.

He's also way too injury prone
Last edited by niyi on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

walesvilla wrote:If Awoniyi is fit and in form - he will make it

To be honesty no matter how much we prepare – our defense will never be the strongest we always coincide silly goals – therefore lets just concentrate on our strong point- attacking – pace tricky and power. The attack must have enough bite – to make opponent think twice b4 attacking back – 2013 u17 squad was just a perfect example of how I wished SE played- creating chances upon chances – inform Awoniyi –Success –MosesX2 –Nacho-Kayode-Onyekeru-Osheime

Make it to where? Bro, tell your client that you have tried and you have failed! :lol: :lol: :lol: Like you think its that easy to play for Nigeria? Bro, we have passed the days of "Hey you" and players picking up shirt because their agent has connections.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
walesvilla wrote:If Awoniyi is fit and in form - he will make it

To be honesty no matter how much we prepare – our defense will never be the strongest we always coincide silly goals – therefore lets just concentrate on our strong point- attacking – pace tricky and power. The attack must have enough bite – to make opponent think twice b4 attacking back – 2013 u17 squad was just a perfect example of how I wished SE played- creating chances upon chances – inform Awoniyi –Success –MosesX2 –Nacho-Kayode-Onyekeru-Osheime

Make it to where? Bro, tell your client that you have tried and you have failed! :lol: :lol: :lol: Like you think its that easy to play for Nigeria? Bro, we have passed the days of "Hey you" and players picking up shirt because their agent has connections.
Watched him so many times this season and he's just not good enough for the SE yet
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Yiba, is there a likelihood of Felix abandoning Germany at this stage? I would rather we avoid another Tammy Abraham situation and only go after players that truly want to play for the SE. Where is the dudes head right now?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Osimhen, Nwakali and Awoniyi are the future of the SE, Not the immediate future though.... WC is 7 months away.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Mr Shows wrote:Osimhen, Nwakali and Awoniyi are the future of the SE, Not the immediate future though.... WC is 7 months away.
Of these three, only Nwakali Jr have shown maturity. All he needs is exposure at a higher level.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
anointed wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Not ready yet

Okay. lets stop speaking in a vacuum.

Please, list the players you'd drop from the current [perceived] 23, in order to include the 7 -8 players you have mentioned. That way, we can have a proper discussion/argument on it. Because right now, you are just throwing names out like you think we have 48 slots available. We have just 23. Usually 3 of those are goalkeepers. So we actually have just 20.

Please, list the 7-8, you will drop. And please, let your list be reasonable. Dont go and drop all the defenders to select strikers! That doesnt work, every team will take defenders, midfielders and strikers to the world cup.

waiting your response. thanks.