Four unbelievable howlers by African keepers this week

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Four unbelievable howlers by African keepers this week

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

- Cape Verde's goalkeeper Mario Evora

- South Africa's Itumeleng Khune

- Ivory Coast's Sylvain Gbohouo

- Nigeria's Daniel Akpeyi

Is it just me but we appear to have serious goalkeeping crisis on our continent. I have been watching the World Cup qualifiers all week and in no other continent have I witnessed such irresponsible goalkeeping full of schoolboy errors and comical amateurish mistakes.

It is no surprise that African goalkeepers find it hard to get contracts in Europe. As we speak, only Morocco and Cameroon really have depth in their goalkeeping department.

Something needs to be done my people. caf needs to initiate a goalkeeping academy as our boys are simply not getting the necessary coaching needed to succeed. Natural talent will only take you so far!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Four unbelievable howlers by African keepers this week

Post by pajimoh »

It's just you. As usual your selective anti African sentiments. Fo check the same YouTube for goal keeping howlers and you'll see goalkeepers from every league and every continent. Mssshhheeeww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

pajimoh wrote:It's just you. As usual your selective anti African sentiments. Fo check the same YouTube for goal keeping howlers and you'll see goalkeepers from every league and every continent. Mssshhheeeww
Please post links of any Asian, European, South American, Concacaf or Oceania goalkeeping howlers over the last week that cost their teams games. I am very keen to see them.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:It's just you. As usual your selective anti African sentiments. Fo check the same YouTube for goal keeping howlers and you'll see goalkeepers from every league and every continent. Mssshhheeeww
Please post links of any Asian, European, South American, Concacaf or Oceania goalkeeping howlers over the last week that cost their teams games. I am very keen to see them.
Akpeyi's mistake did not 'cost' Nigeria the game. Anyway why are you limiting it to just last week. The issue is if howlers from keepers from other continents have cost their teams in the past.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
You're a comedian. So you've restricted it to "last week". Goalkeepers make howlers. Suggesting it's an African thing is just foolhardy. Akpeyi conceded 2 but the Argentine conceded 4. Howlers happen even with the best. I'm not excusing the mistakes but don't make it an African thing
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!