I don't agree with Rohr but believe this is his 23 right now

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
I don't agree with Rohr but believe this is his 23 right now

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Francis Uzoho
[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[3] Daniel Akpeyi

[4] Tyrone Ebuehi
[5] Shehu Abdullahi

[6] Brian Idowu
[7] Ola Aina

[8] William Ekong
[9] Leon Balogun
[10] Chidozie Awaziem
[11] Kenneth Omeruo

[12] Mikel Obi
[13] Ogenyi Onazi
[14] Wilfred Ndidi
[15] John Ogu

[16] Alex Iwobi
[17] Oghene Etebo

[18] Odion Ighalo
[19] Olanrewaju Kayode

[20] Victor Moses
[21] Henry Onyekuru
[22] Kelechi Iheanacho
[23] Anthony Nwakaeme

Seven stand-by players
[1] Dele Ajiboye
[2] Uwua Echiejile
[3] Uche Agbo
[4] Mikel Agu
[5] Ahmed Musa
[6] Simon Moses
[7] Ibrahim Alhassan

In my opinion, he favoured formation will be 4-3-3, with the team having the option of reverting to 3-5-2 should the need arise. Now, in my opinion, if he goes for this list, he strongest starting line-up will probably be:

*******************************************************Ighalo***********************************************

**********************Moses***********************************************Iheanacho*********************

****************************************************Iwobi****************************************************

******************************Mikel******************************Ndidi***************************************

***Idowu*****************************Balogun**************************Ekong*******************Ebuehi***

**********************************************************Uzoho**************************************************

Am I totally satisfied with this squad? No. What are my beefs with it. well:

[1] It has no natural playmaker ala Okocha, Ericksen, Modric, Ozil, etc. Is Iwobi really up to playing that role? Does he has the physical strength?
[2] Is Ighalo in goalscoring form at the moment?
[3] There is not enough goalkeeping depth in the squad. I am disgusted that we will be taking Akpeyi and Ezenwa to Russia. I would rather the young Dele Alampasu, who can at least learn and improve. We basically need to recall either Enyeama or Aiyenugba
[4] Are there other centrebacks we could have tried like Uduokhai and Akpoguma? I am worried about Balogun being done for pace at the back
[5] Could we have looked at some other right fullbacks like Kingsley Ehizibu
[6] Could we have looked at some other left fullbacks like Kingsley Madu and Jordan Touranighora
[7] In midfield, should we at least look at Joel Obi too. His retention skills are key
[8] Against stubborn and well-knit defences, we will be too dependent on Victor Moses to create goal-scoring chances
[9] Wilfred Ndidi does not give us enough offensively. He desperately needs to improve upon his passing
[10] This team is too dependent on Mikel Obi to click. At his age, that is a huge risk
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: I don't agree with Rohr but believe this is his 23 right

Post by Robbynice »

I don't know why but I believe Ahmed Musa will make the cut.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Robbynice wrote:I don't know why but I believe Ahmed Musa will make the cut.
And he left iwobi as a midfielder, iwobi is not a midfielder in SE for now.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

osita wrote:

Do we have any other creative midfielders you would suggest?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

To be honest, I too would not put it past Rohr to take Musa in place of a more productive player like Onyekuru. If he thinks Musa is so vital, he has several options:

Take him as a standby player
Take him as part of the technical crew

It is not right to have him deprive a more deserving player of his place in the squad.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Nwakaeme will not be picked ahead of Moses Simon
Last edited by anointed on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:To be honest, I too would not put it past Rohr to take Musa in place of a more productive player like Onyekuru. If he thinks Musa is so vital, he has several options:

It is not right to have him deprive a more deserving player of his place in the squad.
“Productive” for whom? Abegi, what exactly has Onyekuru ever “produced” for the SE?!
Dude has shown some talent but has yet to justify an SE place if your list is really “for now”!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:To be honest, I too would not put it past Rohr to take Musa in place of a more productive player like Onyekuru. If he thinks Musa is so vital, he has several options:

“Productive” for whom? Abegi, what exactly has Onyekuru ever “produced” for the SE?!
Dude has shown some talent but has yet to justify an SE place if your list is really “for now”!
He was one of our brightest players when he came on against Algeria. For some inexplicable reason, Rohr refused to play him against Argentina. I am of the opinion that if given the opportunity, Onyekuru will dazzle in the green-white-green.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

anointed wrote:Nwakaeme will be picked ahead of Moses Simon
I have made that clear.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

osita wrote:
Ayo, it depends on the coach formation, he is a winger , but to play a three way midfield we have being doing ,I do not believe Rohr will play him in midfield after that game against Senegal.

And rightfully he has being playing well from the right side of midfield.

Idowu will not make the team, a untility player e.g omeruo will make the team, also kayode and Nwakaeme will both not make the team. Simon and musa will both make the team. Take that to the back
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Am I totally satisfied with this squad? No. What are my beefs with it. well:

[1] It has no natural playmaker ala Okocha, Ericksen, Modric, Ozil, etc. Is Iwobi really up to playing that role? Does he has the physical strength?
[3] There is not enough goalkeeping depth in the squad. I am disgusted that we will be taking Akpeyi and Ezenwa to Russia. I would rather the young Dele Alampasu, who can at least learn and improve. We basically need to recall either Enyeama or Aiyenugba
[4] Are there other centrebacks we could have tried like Uduokhai and Akpoguma? I am worried about Balogun being done for pace at the back
[6] Could we have looked at some other left fullbacks like Kingsley Madu and Jordan Touranighora
[7] In midfield, should we at least look at Joel Obi too. His retention skills are key
[8] Against stubborn and well-knit defences, we will be too dependent on Victor Moses to create goal-scoring chances
[9] Wilfred Ndidi does not give us enough offensively. He desperately needs to improve upon his passing
[10] This team is too dependent on Mikel Obi to click. At his age, that is a huge risk
Kingsley Madu has been “looked at” MULTIPLE times and he SUCKS... :oops:
He’s been on about 3 different Rohr list and we saw him UNDERPERFORM at the Olympics.

Anyway, accordingly to OwnGoal (for whatever it’s worth), the door has not been closed to new players :
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/16/ex ... scoveries/
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Breaking News!!!!!!! Rohr has been fired because Ayololo, the internet "Pep Guadiola" disagrees with him. mmssshhheewwww For goodness sake
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Am I totally satisfied with this squad? No. What are my beefs with it. well:

Kingsley Madu has been “looked at” MULTIPLE times and he SUCKS... :oops:
He’s been on about 3 different Rohr list and we saw him UNDERPERFORM at the Olympics.

Anyway, accordingly to OwnGoal (for whatever it’s worth), the door has not been closed to new players :
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/16/ex ... scoveries/

Madu has not been looked at for about a year now though. 12 months is a long time in football.

You and I both know of players who were dropped from the 2004 Cup of Nations squad in January but come the summer, they were in unbelievable come in the Unity Cup. Seyi Olajengbesi for instance comes to mind.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:He was one of our brightest players when he came on against Algeria. For some inexplicable reason, Rohr refused to play him against Argentina. I am of the opinion that if given the opportunity, Onyekuru will dazzle in the green-white-green.
A questionable proposition, but “bright” is nonetheless NOT synonymous with “productive”...

I like Onyekuru but frankly he was NO “brighter” upon his introduction against Algeria than Musa (who admittedly might ultimately play himself out of the Russian-bound train) was upon his own introduction against probably a tougher Argentinian team - and in LESS time than Onyekuru had against Algeria, Musa managed to conjure up an assist for Iwobi’s second goal. Bros, dancing ajasco does NOT equate to productivity!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

From Ayo Akinfe's 23;

Ahmed Musa will go to the World Cup. Gernot Rohr sees Ahmed Musa as that necessary speedster that will check opposition attacks in the 2nd half. His role in our qualifiers confirm that.

Mikel Agu will go to the World Cup. Gernot Rohr sees Mikel Agu as a ball winner and distributor that will eventually replace JMO.

Simon Moses will go to the World Cup. Simon is Gernot Rohr's first pick on the right hand side of a 4-3-3 formation. His role in the qualifiers confirm that. Simon is also a threat at free-kicks and when he clicks, one-on-one Simon will dribble anybody. Simon tracks back to support our right back and is a ball winner. Simon is also one of the quickest in our squad complementing our quick counter attack strategy. Check our 3rd goal against Cameroon in Uyo.

Olanrewaju Kayode, Henry Onyekuru and John Ogu will NOT go to the World Cup. Given their chances, they have not proved enough. The edge that Mikel Agu has over John Ogu is that although Mikel Agu could not have scored that goal against Algeria in Constantine, Mikel goes looking to win the ball in the midfield and does not hide like Ogu.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:He was one of our brightest players when he came on against Algeria. For some inexplicable reason, Rohr refused to play him against Argentina. I am of the opinion that if given the opportunity, Onyekuru will dazzle in the green-white-green.
A questionable proposition, but “bright” is nonetheless NOT synonymous with “productive”...

I like Onyekuru but frankly he was NO “brighter” upon his introduction against Algeria than Musa (who admittedly might ultimately play himself out of the Russian-bound train) was upon his own introduction against probably a tougher Argentinian team - and in LESS time than Onyekuru had against Algeria, Musa managed to conjure up an assist for Iwobi’s second goal. Bros, dancing ajasco does NOT equate to productivity!
Go and watch the game again Gotti, Onyekuru had a shot on target. I believe he actually drew a save from the Algerian goalkeeper.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Go and watch the game again Gotti, Onyekuru had a shot on target. I believe he actually drew a save from the Algerian goalkeeper.
Pls watch that move again. It actually showed Onyekuru without brains. He dribbled the defender on the left and had so much space to run at goal but inexplicably he chose a wild curvy shot that was going well out, but the Algerian keeper turned it into a save for the TV cameras. Onyekuru is not an NT level player.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Madu has not been looked at for about a year now though. 12 months is a long timer in football.

You and I both know of players who were dropped from the 2004 Cup of Nations squad in January but come the summer, they were in unbelievable come in the Unity Cup. Seyi Olajengbesi for instance comes to mind.
He was invited for the friendlies in March of THIS YEAR...

But perhaps his latter day exclusion has something to do with the fact that he has been SUCKING over the last few months, playing in only 1 of his club’s 14 league games all season and 0 appearances in about 10 Europa League and Belgian Cup games - which amounts to 1 appearance out of about 24 club games, and most of the time dude does not even make it to the match-day bench! Ironically, when he finally managed to make it onto the pitch in his solitary club appearance this season, he quickly picked up 2 yellows and was sent within the first 19 minutes of the game. Madu may have been a tolerable necessity when Echiejile was the sole option at LB but frankly at this point he is irrelevant to the SE! Best of luck at his club though.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
anointed wrote:Nwakaeme will be picked ahead of Moses Simon
I have made that clear.
I meant will NOT be picked and I've corrected that.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Goldleaf wrote:From Ayo Akinfe's 23;

Ahmed Musa will go to the World Cup. Gernot Rohr sees Ahmed Musa as that necessary speedster that will check opposition attacks in the 2nd half. His role in our qualifiers confirm that.

Mikel Agu will go to the World Cup. Gernot Rohr sees Mikel Agu as a ball winner and distributor that will eventually replace JMO.

Simon Moses will go to the World Cup. Simon is Gernot Rohr's first pick on the right hand side of a 4-3-3 formation. His role in the qualifiers confirm that. Simon is also a threat at free-kicks and when he clicks, one-on-one Simon will dribble anybody. Simon tracks back to support our right back and is a ball winner. Simon is also one of the quickest in our squad complementing our quick counter attack strategy. Check our 3rd goal against Cameroon in Uyo.

Olanrewaju Kayode, Henry Onyekuru and John Ogu will NOT go to the World Cup. Given their chances, they have not proved enough. The edge that Mikel Agu has over John Ogu is that although Mikel Agu could not have scored that goal against Algeria in Constantine, Mikel goes looking to win the ball in the midfield and does not hide like Ogu.

Mikel agu over John Ogu? :mrgreen:

Even the NFF& Nigerian fans will suspect he collected money. What Ogu has done in the last two matches mikel can not achieve in any way.The world is not about looking for players to injure or get cards. The world is about spectacular goals and winning balls neatly.

Ogu currently has too many fans in Nigeria now and will make the team.take that to the bank
Last edited by osita on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

osita wrote:Ogu currently has too many fans in Nigeria now.
I'm not sure about that. He seems like a very cool guy though.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Do you watch Nigeria sports tv or go on Twitter?

Mikel collected yellow card against Zambia and was dispossessed immediately he came in. And twitter exploded , querying the coach and why he did not bring in Ogu.

Ogu may not be too popular, but Mikel agu is least popular than Ogu.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

osita wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Do you watch Nigeria sports tv or go on Twitter?

Mikel collected yellow card against Zambia and was dispossessed immediately he came in. And twitter exploded , querying the coach and why he did not bring in Ogu.

Ogu may not be too popular, but Mikel agu is least popular than Ogu.
Twitter is worse than CE. The consensus is Mikel Agu played well after a rocky start vs Zambia.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.