Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:51 pm 

jungle-jawara wrote:
charlie wrote:
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/16/world-cup-russia-power-rankings-32-qualifiers

Top 10
1. Germany
2. Brazil
3. Spain
4. France
5. Belgium
6. Portugal
7. Nigeria
8. Poland
9. Argentina
10. Uruguay

FYI: England ranked 14th leading to very salty comments in the comment sections :thumbs: .

Personally, while the respect is nice, I would have prefered some more stealth going into the world cup.
Its easier to win games when you are underestimated. Thats just my own feelings, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

You guys just dey vex person with this "Argentina with no Messi" did they not play with 11 players? Or is it not certain, even with injury (backrooms staff) that Messi will go to the world cup? Was it not here some weeks ago that some said Kelechi might not make the flight to Russia? What happened, our no 9 Ighalo was missing with injury and Kelechi took his chance. What if Messi was available, and also Ighalo and Moses were all available. What is saying that we might not have won heavier.

More than probably any other player on earth, Lionel Messi carries his national team on his back. Argentina’s options are severely limited without him. If we had started the game with Uzoho, Ebuehi and Idowu, I do not see how they would have scored at all!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 pm 

Damunk wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Did you guys notice the comments from the entitled English fans asking how Iceland and Nigeria could be ranked above them? This is from a team that has not won a knockout game in a tournament for about 15 years, and who were knocked out of the Euros by Iceland.
Chai. See selective perception at its best. :roll:

You did not notice that at least the first 30 or so comments about England were totally negative?
I couldn't even find your quoted comment - got tired of searching for it.
If anything, England fans are more critical of their national team than even Nigerians. You no see that one.
This una hatred for England pass be kiaful.

There were quite a few comments questioning why Nigeria was rated highly.

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:59 pm 

Goldleaf wrote:
The goal by Idowu for example was the end result of one-touch passing.

Nobody wants to talk about Iheanacho's heavy touch in the build up....?

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:02 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Did you guys notice the comments from the entitled English fans asking how Iceland and Nigeria could be ranked above them? This is from a team that has not won a knockout game in a tournament for about 15 years, and who were knocked out of the Euros by Iceland.

You did not notice that at least the first 30 or so comments about England were totally negative?
If anything, England fans are more critical of their national team than even Nigerians. You no see that one.

Maybe so, but the first 30 or so comments I had the patience to read from top were totally negative about England and so wiseone's comment about 'entitled English fans' was misleading.
That's my point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:02 pm 

I like the high ratings, however, I think teams like Mexico, Colombia, and England have better chemistry than Nigeria at the moment. I also think Argentina will be a different team when the world cup starts. It's difficult not to consider Argentina as one of the favorites despite their sluggish start to the qualifiers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed that Iheanacho has an attrocious first touch. Way too heavy to succeed at this level. Too often it gifts the opposition the ball

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
The YeyeMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

In fact, it wasn't a pass... it was his usual heavy touch.

Tailor make mistake na style... Obioma do di same, he must replace your material. :D

To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

jungle-jawara wrote:
charlie wrote:
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/16/world-cup-russia-power-rankings-32-qualifiers

Top 10
1. Germany
2. Brazil
3. Spain
4. France
5. Belgium
6. Portugal
7. Nigeria
8. Poland
9. Argentina
10. Uruguay

FYI: England ranked 14th leading to very salty comments in the comment sections :thumbs: .

Personally, while the respect is nice, I would have prefered some more stealth going into the world cup.
Its easier to win games when you are underestimated. Thats just my own feelings, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

You guys just dey vex person with this "Argentina with no Messi" did they not play with 11 players? Or is it not certain, even with injury (backrooms staff) that Messi will go to the world cup? Was it not here some weeks ago that some said Kelechi might not make the flight to Russia? What happened, our no 9 Ighalo was missing with injury and Kelechi took his chance. What if Messi was available, and also Ighalo and Moses were all available. What is saying that we might not have won heavier.

Nna, Argentina playing without arguably the best player in the world is not Argentina. Dat wan na Ghana o. :P

So help me God.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:33 pm 

Cellular wrote:
jungle-jawara wrote:
charlie wrote:

Top 10
1. Germany
2. Brazil
3. Spain
4. France
5. Belgium
6. Portugal
7. Nigeria
8. Poland
9. Argentina
10. Uruguay

Nna, Argentina playing without arguably the best player in the world is not Argentina. Dat wan na Ghana o. :P

For real. In fact, we should just change Nigeria vs Argentina to Nigeria vs Messi, because everytime we have played and lost to Argentina, it has been because of Lionel Messi Magic.

That said, it is not healthy for any team to be overdependent on one player. If Messi gets hurt, Argentina is fvcked!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

charlie wrote:
Cellular wrote:
jungle-jawara wrote:
charlie wrote:

Top 10
1. Germany
2. Brazil
3. Spain
4. France
5. Belgium
6. Portugal
7. Nigeria
8. Poland
9. Argentina
10. Uruguay

For real. In fact, we should just change Nigeria vs Argentina to Nigeria vs Messi, because everytime we have played and lost to Argentina, it has been because of Lionel Messi Magic.

That said, it is not healthy for any team to be overdependent on one player. If Messi gets hurt, Argentina is fvcked!

The problem is that meeeeedjt no dey wound. You don know di numba of pipuls way resembu Oloye dem way wan wound am?

Bobo na Oke ama onya (rat way no dey enter trap).

So help me God.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:41 pm 

I would have preferred for Nigeria to fly under the rader but oh well, we just have to be very prepared now because everyone will want to beat us, I pray we are not complacentlike Colombia was in 94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

akamoke wrote:
I would have preferred for Nigeria to fly under the rader but oh well, we just have to be very prepared now because everyone will want to beat us, I pray we are not complacentlike Colombia was in 94

How?

The competition for spots is still intense. Complacency sets in when spots are guaranteed. People dey snatch shirt make you forget the guy who had it before...

Competition no go let complacency set in.

So help me God.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 pm 

Cellular wrote:
akamoke wrote:

How?

The competition for spots is still intense. Complacency sets in when spots are guaranteed. People dey snatch shirt make you forget the guy who had it before...

Competition no go let complacency set in.

I agree, way too much competition in the team and Rohr's German nature will never allow complacency in this team.
The only thing we need to pray against is injuries. Like that Argentinian midget we wont mention again, we also need Mikel to be Mikel in order for us to function at our optimum.

Lets just pray everyone is healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:15 pm 

I love how they picked Iwobi as our player to watch, it's always been Mikel, for me our key players are Iwobi and Moses

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Tobi17 wrote:
I love how they picked Iwobi as our player to watch, it's always been Mikel, for me our key players are Iwobi and Moses

Naa bro. It is Moses and Mikel. We are a different team with both players playing...

So help me God.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm 

Damunk, you are usually a reasonable and balanced chap. Not on this one though.

I am not sure if your device is hiding some of the comments, but there were many comments that referenced Iceland and Nigeria specifically asking why they were ranked above England. Please note that comments are not necessarily displayed chronologically on all devices (e.g. there is an option to view comments based on number of recommendations). Hence the first 30 comments YOU see may not be the first 30 comments I see.

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wiseone wrote:

Maybe so, but the first 30 or so comments I had the patience to read from top were totally negative about England and so wiseone's comment about 'entitled English fans' was misleading.
That's my point.