Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7604
This speculation would have been avoided if Rohr had given him minutes in the "dead rubber" against Algeria. Ebuehi is a genuine 20 year old and can improve as we have seen another youngster, Ekong, improve. Ebuehi was dropped from the game against Zambia in Uyo and I thought the reason he was recalled for the recent matches was to cap-tie him to Nigeria. Rohr only used 2 subs against Algeria and he could have brought Ebuehi on at injury time to run the clock down. I believe that Rohr did not know Ebuehi was that good otherwise he would not have risked the possibility of losing him. With the CANQs moved away from March, Rohr now has no option but to take Ebuehi to the WC to secure his services for Nigeria. Rohr goofed big time by not giving Ebuehi playing time against Algeria.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Dammy wrote:
This speculation would have been avoided if Rohr had given him minutes in the "dead rubber" against Algeria. Ebuehi is a genuine 20 year old and can improve as we have seen another youngster, Ekong, improve. Ebuehi was dropped from the game against Zambia in Uyo and I thought the reason he was recalled for the recent matches was to cap-tie him to Nigeria. Rohr only used 2 subs against Algeria and he could have brought Ebuehi on at injury time to run the clock down. I believe that Rohr did not know Ebuehi was that good otherwise he would not have risked the possibility of losing him. With the CANQs moved away from March, Rohr now has no option but to take Ebuehi to the WC to secure his services for Nigeria. Rohr goofed big time by not giving Ebuehi playing time against Algeria.



How did Rohr not know he was that good? Did he not see him in training?

It took five minutes for us to all realise that Ebuehi is quicker than Shehu Abdullahi, so I wonder how Rohr did not see this. Even Di Maria told his team mates that he could not deliver crosses as he was doing in the first half because the new fullback was quick.

Rohr's problem is that he takes to a player and is reluctant to drop him even if better options are available. This may be his undoing as we have seen it with Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Echiejile, Musa, etc. Up until the Argentina game, he still regarded Akpeyi as his number one goalkeeper!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 2971
He will not join the Dutch....He will be capped during the Cup of Nations Qualifiers in March....and squash all this bullshzt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Benedict Iroha wrote:
He will not join the Dutch....He will be capped during the Cup of Nations Qualifiers in March....and squash all this bullshzt



The Nations Cup qualifier has been moved until after the World Cup.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7604
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
This speculation would have been avoided if Rohr had given him minutes in the "dead rubber" against Algeria. Ebuehi is a genuine 20 year old and can improve as we have seen another youngster, Ekong, improve. Ebuehi was dropped from the game against Zambia in Uyo and I thought the reason he was recalled for the recent matches was to cap-tie him to Nigeria. Rohr only used 2 subs against Algeria and he could have brought Ebuehi on at injury time to run the clock down. I believe that Rohr did not know Ebuehi was that good otherwise he would not have risked the possibility of losing him. With the CANQs moved away from March, Rohr now has no option but to take Ebuehi to the WC to secure his services for Nigeria. Rohr goofed big time by not giving Ebuehi playing time against Algeria.



How did Rohr not know he was that good? Did he not see him in training?

It took five minutes for us to all realise that Ebuehi is quicker than Shehu Abdullahi, so I wonder how Rohr did not see this. Even Di Maria told his team mates that he could not deliver crosses as he was doing in the first half because the new fullback was quick.

Rohr's problem is that he takes to a player and is reluctant to drop him even if better options are available. This may be his undoing as we have seen it with Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Echiejile, Musa, etc. Up until the Argentina game, he still regarded Akpeyi as his number one goalkeeper!


Look at it this way, up until the Cameroon WCQs, Shehu, had not covered himself in glory in the RB position. He was seen as a stop-gap until the position could be filled. Ebuehi, a natural RB, was on the bench for a converted midfielder. Does that show that the coach had any confidence in Ebuehi? Also he dropped him for the Zambia match in Uyo and it seemed that Aina had gone ahead of him in the pecking order. He was recalled for the recent internationals and I feel that if the coach believed he was an essential player, he would have cap-tied him against Algeria. His performance against Argentina took virtually everyone by surprise including the coach. Prior to that match, he had been written off, even here on CE. Now he is in virtually every probable WC squad.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
This speculation would have been avoided if Rohr had given him minutes in the "dead rubber" against Algeria. Ebuehi is a genuine 20 year old and can improve as we have seen another youngster, Ekong, improve. Ebuehi was dropped from the game against Zambia in Uyo and I thought the reason he was recalled for the recent matches was to cap-tie him to Nigeria. Rohr only used 2 subs against Algeria and he could have brought Ebuehi on at injury time to run the clock down. I believe that Rohr did not know Ebuehi was that good otherwise he would not have risked the possibility of losing him. With the CANQs moved away from March, Rohr now has no option but to take Ebuehi to the WC to secure his services for Nigeria. Rohr goofed big time by not giving Ebuehi playing time against Algeria.



How did Rohr not know he was that good? Did he not see him in training?

It took five minutes for us to all realise that Ebuehi is quicker than Shehu Abdullahi, so I wonder how Rohr did not see this. Even Di Maria told his team mates that he could not deliver crosses as he was doing in the first half because the new fullback was quick.

Rohr's problem is that he takes to a player and is reluctant to drop him even if better options are available. This may be his undoing as we have seen it with Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Echiejile, Musa, etc. Up until the Argentina game, he still regarded Akpeyi as his number one goalkeeper!


Look at it this way, up until the Cameroon WCQs, Shehu, had not covered himself in glory in the RB position. He was seen as a stop-gap until the position could be filled. Ebuehi, a natural RB, was on the bench for a converted midfielder. Does that show that the coach had any confidence in Ebuehi? Also he dropped him for the Zambia match in Uyo and it seemed that Aina had gone ahead of him in the pecking order. He was recalled for the recent internationals and I feel that if the coach believed he was an essential player, he would have cap-tied him against Algeria. His performance against Argentina took virtually everyone by surprise including the coach. Prior to that match, he had been written off, even here on CE. Now he is in virtually every probable WC squad.


When you say he was written off by everyone on CE, I ask on what basis they reached that conclusion. Football is very much a transparent game and there is no way a coach can see Shehu and Ebuehi in two training sessions and not be able to determine who is better.

Touch, pace, strength, etc are all very apparent. Rohr was simply not prepared to risk a new player and from his antecedents, we know that it is one of his main flaws as a coach.

He reminds me of George Graham when he was Leeds manager. Graham simply refused to look at new and young players like Alan Smith, James Milner and Paul Robinson but as soon as Dabid O'Leary took over, they were introduced into the squad and went on to reach the Uefa Cup semi final.

Do you also remember that Christian Chukwu refused to bench the finished Ifeanyi Udeze for Taiye Taiwo and would not field Yusuf Ayinla. However, as soon as Austin Eguavoen took over, they started seeing playing time.

Conservatism is a common trait among coaches and a lot of the time it leads to their downfall. We recently saw this with Giampiero Ventura in Italy.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 2971
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
He will not join the Dutch....He will be capped during the Cup of Nations Qualifiers in March....and squash all this bullshzt



The Nations Cup qualifier has been moved until after the World Cup.

Damn :laugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9043
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7604
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.

That is the point I am trying to make, Rohr should not have let the situation get to this stage. Ebuehi was born and raised in Holland and if the right buttons are pressed, he could switch back to them. Afterall, he is only 21 and has at least 2 WCs in him. It cost us nothing, for Rohr to have used him to run down the clock against Algeria. Siasia did the same for Iwobi against Egypt in Kaduna.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41272
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Dammy wrote:
This speculation would have been avoided if Rohr had given him minutes in the "dead rubber" against Algeria. Ebuehi is a genuine 20 year old and can improve as we have seen another youngster, Ekong, improve. Ebuehi was dropped from the game against Zambia in Uyo and I thought the reason he was recalled for the recent matches was to cap-tie him to Nigeria. Rohr only used 2 subs against Algeria and he could have brought Ebuehi on at injury time to run the clock down. I believe that Rohr did not know Ebuehi was that good otherwise he would not have risked the possibility of losing him. With the CANQs moved away from March, Rohr now has no option but to take Ebuehi to the WC to secure his services for Nigeria. Rohr goofed big time by not giving Ebuehi playing time against Algeria.


Chief Dammy, please keep saying it. When we said same on match thread na so pipul attack us.

Rohr's substitutions is a problem. Some of worked out but his timing and use of them needs work.

You carry a sub go house in a game you don't need. Why?

But na oyibo... if we question am dem go say we are just hating.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9043
Dammy wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.

That is the point I am trying to make, Rohr should not have let the situation get to this stage. Ebuehi was born and raised in Holland and if the right buttons are pressed, he could switch back to them. Afterall, he is only 21 and has at least 2 WCs in him. It cost us nothing, for Rohr to have used him to run down the clock against Algeria. Siasia did the same for Iwobi against Egypt in Kaduna.

It is not as easy as you make it. Each game in the qualifiers was dicey.

For the Cameroon game at Oyo remember they made a vow to not concede a goal and they were doing it for Ikeme? When you have a defence line that's playing well the last thing you want to do is start messing with it even in the last few minutes. 5 minutes is a very long time in football.

In all the other games just one goal for the opposition would have had a dramatic change in the outcome. I've seen teams go from having a commanding lead to losing the game within 2 minutes. If Rohr's aim was to complete the qualifiers without losing a game than at no point was he free to experiment with a new player in defence.

Algeria scored in the last 5 minutes and they had us on the ropes as we defended deep. Who knows if they would not have scored more goals if Rohr starts messing with his defence by introducing a player that never played a competitive game with the team before? You may say losing would not matter, but it would matter to Nigerian fans AND distractors in powerful places who will use it to launch their campaign against him.

The South Africa game should have been the one to cap Ebuehi, even when we were losing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 34300
Location: UK
Dammy wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.

That is the point I am trying to make, Rohr should not have let the situation get to this stage. Ebuehi was born and raised in Holland and if the right buttons are pressed, he could switch back to them. Afterall, he is only 21 and has at least 2 WCs in him. It cost us nothing, for Rohr to have used him to run down the clock against Algeria. Siasia did the same for Iwobi against Egypt in Kaduna.
Good point, but the alternative argument is that, like a wife or husband, spouse wey wan comot go comot. :idea:

If Ebuehi is still contemplating playing for Holland at this stage then do you really want him in the Nigeria squad? Its no different from a player whose head has been 'turned' by another club. You don't hang on to him. Let him go.

There's little point in nailing down a player by force or by trickery. It is counterproductive. Every national player should be there of their own free will and happy to be part of the setup.

So I would say there are no regrets for Rohr managing his players as he has done. He probably knows more about the thinking of the players than any of us here and maybe he didn't feel it was necessary to do what we all here are suggesting.

Iwobi was being contacted UP TO THE VERY LAST HOUR by the English football authorities before stepping onto the field to make his Nigeria debut, but he had long made his mind up.

What most of us do not recognise is that for many of these young footballers born in Europe, joining the SE national team is an experience they have never remotely gone through before on so many levels. It is not just about the football. It is also an experience on a cultural and even spiritual level.

If you read the accounts of players like Balogun, Ekong, Iwobi himself and even recently Aina, it is far more than just the football. What we see is not what they see.For them, it is not about the power cuts and the bad roads and airports, the widespread poverty or the poor infrastructure.

It is about the discovery of self on a level they probably never knew existed until they came Home.
Anyone that has found himself having lived all his life in the west and suddenly 12 hours later finds himself for the very first time sitting in the dark in a remote Nigerian village amongst 'ancient' relatives telling him stories about his ancestry and family history in a language and dialect he doesn't even remotely understand, will know what I am talking about.
It can be an unforgettably emotional experience

So let's leave the Idowus and Ebuehis to make their own decisions without being tied down by force. I am confident that these guys will 'sign' - simply because they feel the kind of mass love they have never experienced before and probably never knew existed.
Its really that simple.

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Posts: 4802
Location: London
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.

That is the point I am trying to make, Rohr should not have let the situation get to this stage. Ebuehi was born and raised in Holland and if the right buttons are pressed, he could switch back to them. Afterall, he is only 21 and has at least 2 WCs in him. It cost us nothing, for Rohr to have used him to run down the clock against Algeria. Siasia did the same for Iwobi against Egypt in Kaduna.
Good point, but the alternative argument is that, like a wife or husband, spouse wey wan comot go comot. :idea:

If Ebuehi is still contemplating playing for Holland at this stage then do you really want him in the Nigeria squad? Its no different from a player whose head has been 'turned' by another club. You don't hang on to him. Let him go.

There's little point in nailing down a player by force or by trickery. It is counterproductive. Every national player should be there of their own free will and happy to be part of the setup.

So I would say there are no regrets for Rohr managing his players as he has done. He probably knows more about the thinking of the players than any of us here and maybe he didn't feel it was necessary to do what we all here are suggesting.

Iwobi was being contacted UP TO THE VERY LAST HOUR by the English football authorities before stepping onto the field to make his Nigeria debut, but he had long made his mind up.

What most of us do not recognise is that for many of these young footballers born in Europe, joining the SE national team is an experience they have never remotely gone through before on so many levels. It is not just about the football. It is also an experience on a cultural and even spiritual level.

If you read the accounts of players like Balogun, Ekong, Iwobi himself and even recently Aina, it is far more than just the football. What we see is not what they see.For them, it is not about the power cuts and the bad roads and airports, the widespread poverty or the poor infrastructure.

It is about the discovery of self on a level they probably never knew existed until they came Home.
Anyone that has found himself having lived all his life in the west and suddenly 12 hours later finds himself for the very first time sitting in the dark in a remote Nigerian village amongst 'ancient' relatives telling him stories about his ancestry and family history in a language and dialect he doesn't even remotely understand, will know what I am talking about.
It can be an unforgettably emotional experience

So let's leave the Idowus and Ebuehis to make their own decisions without being tied down by force. I am confident that these guys will 'sign' - simply because they feel the kind of mass love they have never experienced before and probably never knew existed.
Its really that simple.


Summed up well! :clap: :clap:

_________________
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 5018
Zelex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.

That is the point I am trying to make, Rohr should not have let the situation get to this stage. Ebuehi was born and raised in Holland and if the right buttons are pressed, he could switch back to them. Afterall, he is only 21 and has at least 2 WCs in him. It cost us nothing, for Rohr to have used him to run down the clock against Algeria. Siasia did the same for Iwobi against Egypt in Kaduna.
Good point, but the alternative argument is that, like a wife or husband, spouse wey wan comot go comot. :idea:

If Ebuehi is still contemplating playing for Holland at this stage then do you really want him in the Nigeria squad? Its no different from a player whose head has been 'turned' by another club. You don't hang on to him. Let him go.

There's little point in nailing down a player by force or by trickery. It is counterproductive. Every national player should be there of their own free will and happy to be part of the setup.

So I would say there are no regrets for Rohr managing his players as he has done. He probably knows more about the thinking of the players than any of us here and maybe he didn't feel it was necessary to do what we all here are suggesting.

Iwobi was being contacted UP TO THE VERY LAST HOUR by the English football authorities before stepping onto the field to make his Nigeria debut, but he had long made his mind up.

What most of us do not recognise is that for many of these young footballers born in Europe, joining the SE national team is an experience they have never remotely gone through before on so many levels. It is not just about the football. It is also an experience on a cultural and even spiritual level.

If you read the accounts of players like Balogun, Ekong, Iwobi himself and even recently Aina, it is far more than just the football. What we see is not what they see.For them, it is not about the power cuts and the bad roads and airports, the widespread poverty or the poor infrastructure.

It is about the discovery of self on a level they probably never knew existed until they came Home.
Anyone that has found himself having lived all his life in the west and suddenly 12 hours later finds himself for the very first time sitting in the dark in a remote Nigerian village amongst 'ancient' relatives telling him stories about his ancestry and family history in a language and dialect he doesn't even remotely understand, will know what I am talking about.
It can be an unforgettably emotional experience

So let's leave the Idowus and Ebuehis to make their own decisions without being tied down by force. I am confident that these guys will 'sign' - simply because they feel the kind of mass love they have never experienced before and probably never knew existed.
Its really that simple.


Summed up well! :clap: :clap:


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12142
Location: South London
danfo driver wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.

That is the point I am trying to make, Rohr should not have let the situation get to this stage. Ebuehi was born and raised in Holland and if the right buttons are pressed, he could switch back to them. Afterall, he is only 21 and has at least 2 WCs in him. It cost us nothing, for Rohr to have used him to run down the clock against Algeria. Siasia did the same for Iwobi against Egypt in Kaduna.
Good point, but the alternative argument is that, like a wife or husband, spouse wey wan comot go comot. :idea:

If Ebuehi is still contemplating playing for Holland at this stage then do you really want him in the Nigeria squad? Its no different from a player whose head has been 'turned' by another club. You don't hang on to him. Let him go.

There's little point in nailing down a player by force or by trickery. It is counterproductive. Every national player should be there of their own free will and happy to be part of the setup.

So I would say there are no regrets for Rohr managing his players as he has done. He probably knows more about the thinking of the players than any of us here and maybe he didn't feel it was necessary to do what we all here are suggesting.

Iwobi was being contacted UP TO THE VERY LAST HOUR by the English football authorities before stepping onto the field to make his Nigeria debut, but he had long made his mind up.

What most of us do not recognise is that for many of these young footballers born in Europe, joining the SE national team is an experience they have never remotely gone through before on so many levels. It is not just about the football. It is also an experience on a cultural and even spiritual level.

If you read the accounts of players like Balogun, Ekong, Iwobi himself and even recently Aina, it is far more than just the football. What we see is not what they see.For them, it is not about the power cuts and the bad roads and airports, the widespread poverty or the poor infrastructure.

It is about the discovery of self on a level they probably never knew existed until they came Home.
Anyone that has found himself having lived all his life in the west and suddenly 12 hours later finds himself for the very first time sitting in the dark in a remote Nigerian village amongst 'ancient' relatives telling him stories about his ancestry and family history in a language and dialect he doesn't even remotely understand, will know what I am talking about.
It can be an unforgettably emotional experience

So let's leave the Idowus and Ebuehis to make their own decisions without being tied down by force. I am confident that these guys will 'sign' - simply because they feel the kind of mass love they have never experienced before and probably never knew existed.
Its really that simple.


Summed up well! :clap: :clap:


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumb:

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 36621
Location: From the place where hardcore is beautiful
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.


They have every reason to make it harder IMHO, I can't imagine putting up money to train players only for them to be called up by an FA that doesn't want to invest in their own population. However, I do feel as though we need to make it harder to take African players to Europe as a counter measure.

_________________
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Bigpokey24 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Owiny Sigoma who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.


They have every reason to make it harder IMHO, I can't imagine putting up money to train players only for them to be called up by an FA that doesn't want to invest in their own population. However, I do feel as though we need to make it harder to take African players to Europe as a counter measure.




No. we need to make it easier. That way, our home-grown boys can get the kind of exposure and training these diasporan players get from an early age.

There is no training in Africa, so the boys need the exposure at an early age before bad habits set in. Brazil and Argentina have mastered the art of getting their best players to Europe as soon as possible. Lionel Messi for instance joined Barcelona at the age of 13.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 36621
Location: From the place where hardcore is beautiful
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.


They have every reason to make it harder IMHO, I can't imagine putting up money to train players only for them to be called up by an FA that doesn't want to invest in their own population. However, I do feel as though we need to make it harder to take African players to Europe as a counter measure.




No. we need to make it easier. That way, our home-grown boys can get the kind of exposure and training these diasporan players get from an early age.

There is no training in Africa, so the boys need the exposure at an early age before bad habits set in. Brazil and Argentina have mastered the art of getting their best players to Europe as soon as possible. Lionel Messi for instance joined Barcelona at the age of 13.


What's stopping Africa from getting training?

_________________
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Bigpokey24 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Owiny Sigoma who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.


They have every reason to make it harder IMHO, I can't imagine putting up money to train players only for them to be called up by an FA that doesn't want to invest in their own population. However, I do feel as though we need to make it harder to take African players to Europe as a counter measure.




No. we need to make it easier. That way, our home-grown boys can get the kind of exposure and training these diasporan players get from an early age.

There is no training in Africa, so the boys need the exposure at an early age before bad habits set in. Brazil and Argentina have mastered the art of getting their best players to Europe as soon as possible. Lionel Messi for instance joined Barcelona at the age of 13.


What's stopping Africa from getting training?


Let us be realistic here. We are never going to be able to offer the kind of facilities that the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern Munich, Borrussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, PSG, Barceloa, Real Madrid, Athletic Madrid for the time being.

Over the long time, yes, it should be a goal but for the time being we have to live with the realities of the real world. We lack the coaches, the traditions, the facilities, etc.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 36621
Location: From the place where hardcore is beautiful
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.


They have every reason to make it harder IMHO, I can't imagine putting up money to train players only for them to be called up by an FA that doesn't want to invest in their own population. However, I do feel as though we need to make it harder to take African players to Europe as a counter measure.




No. we need to make it easier. That way, our home-grown boys can get the kind of exposure and training these diasporan players get from an early age.

There is no training in Africa, so the boys need the exposure at an early age before bad habits set in. Brazil and Argentina have mastered the art of getting their best players to Europe as soon as possible. Lionel Messi for instance joined Barcelona at the age of 13.


What's stopping Africa from getting training?


Let us be realistic here. We are never going to be able to offer the kind of facilities that the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern Munich, Borrussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, PSG, Barceloa, Real Madrid, Athletic Madrid for the time being.

Over the long time, yes, it should be a goal but for the time being we have to live with the realities of the real world. We lack the coaches, the traditions, the facilities, etc.


And here lies the problem. We look for short term fixes rather than long term solutions. Nothing is impossible, we just don't want to go through the hard work of productivity that will benefit us, we rather run around begging foreign born young men to play for us. If they say no we'll throw our toys out the pram like they owe us anything.

We better get to work on producing proper players and stop looking for short term fixes. Improve the league or create a parallel developmental league (I support the latter), and start reaping the benefits.

My point is that we can train coaches, build facilities and traditions. At one point these clubs and organizations didn't have all these things but they built it. Build your own!

_________________
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Bigpokey24 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Owiny Sigoma who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think this same journalist raised the issue of Ehizibue and Ebuehi being on Nigeria's radar and saying the Dutch should stop them switching. I don't think this has anything to do with the Dutch FA right now. It is just this journalist, Jermain Leitbig. Ebuehi is poised to go to the WC and the only way we could lose him is if he is left out of the WC squad.

This issue of switching allegiances will come to a head soon though. I can hear the rumblings already. This is because players are deciding to switch at a much younger age. At 21 a player's full potential is still not known and it would be in the best interest of the home country to have him still available to them. If more young players start switching, these European countries are gonna start pressuring FIFA into making it harder and they've started that process already.


They have every reason to make it harder IMHO, I can't imagine putting up money to train players only for them to be called up by an FA that doesn't want to invest in their own population. However, I do feel as though we need to make it harder to take African players to Europe as a counter measure.




No. we need to make it easier. That way, our home-grown boys can get the kind of exposure and training these diasporan players get from an early age.

There is no training in Africa, so the boys need the exposure at an early age before bad habits set in. Brazil and Argentina have mastered the art of getting their best players to Europe as soon as possible. Lionel Messi for instance joined Barcelona at the age of 13.


What's stopping Africa from getting training?


Let us be realistic here. We are never going to be able to offer the kind of facilities that the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern Munich, Borrussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, PSG, Barceloa, Real Madrid, Athletic Madrid for the time being.

Over the long time, yes, it should be a goal but for the time being we have to live with the realities of the real world. We lack the coaches, the traditions, the facilities, etc.


And here lies the problem. We look for short term fixes rather than long term solutions. Nothing is impossible, we just don't want to go through the hard work of productivity that will benefit us, we rather run around begging foreign born young men to play for us. If they say no we'll throw our toys out the pram like they owe us anything.

We better get to work on producing proper players and stop looking for short term fixes. Improve the league or create a parallel developmental league (I support the latter), and start reaping the benefits.

My point is that we can train coaches, build facilities and traditions. At one point these clubs and organizations didn't have all these things but they built it. Build your own!



I agree with you about the fact that everything has to start from somewhere but we are talking about a 10-year programme here. Bear in mind that Brazil and Argentina have begun working on their academies but they still do not have the facilities we have in Europe yet.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am
Posts: 1376
Ebuehi's pluses from what I saw:

1) Fast
2) Good tackler and man marking
3) Good stamina - gets up and down the field quickly

Negatives:

1) Poor decision making.
2) Poor passing ability

Rohr is not going to hand him a starting shirt but he is an important option to shore up the midfield or defence. He is like Emenalo in World Cup 1994 who nullified Maradona steroids and all. Ebuehi is going to be assigned for special duties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53041
Location: United Kingdom
kali wrote:
Ebuehi's pluses from what I saw:

1) Fast
2) Good tackler and man marking
3) Good stamina - gets up and down the field quickly

Negatives:

1) Poor decision making.
2) Poor passing ability

Rohr is not going to hand him a starting shirt but he is an important option to shore up the midfield or defence. He is like Emenalo in World Cup 1994 who nullified Maradona steroids and all. Ebuehi is going to be assigned for special duties.



Do we have a better right back?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, Google [Bot], maceo4 and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group