Dutch unhappy about Ebuehi and want him back in their team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dutch unhappy about Ebuehi and want him back in their te

Post by metalalloy »

pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:If the Dutch snatch Ebuehi, then the fault is Rohr's. Why he did not give him a few minutes against Algeria is beyond me, especially as he still had the option of a 3rd sub.
pajimoh wrote:I have to blame Rohr for this. He's had this guy on the bench in competitive game and did not seal the deal with a substitute appearance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the dutch "snatch" Ebuehi, then its Ebuehi's fault! It will be clear that he is interested in holland and not Nigeria. Pleaseeeeee! If Ebuehi wants Nigeria, nothing Holland can do about it.
Talk brave all you want but no one can fault Ebuehi. It is called planning. You chase the boy for a long time. He agreed and turns up for a few games but did not even get 1 minute of competitive football to finally seal him as a naija player. We often put too much on a player, particularly some facing a lot of pressure from home and their club. Yet some would talk tough on CE because the only pressure they face is pressing their keyboard. All tho Dutch pressure should have rendered unnecessary if he had played even 5 minutes competitive game for Nigeria

If Rohr does not rate him, is it fair to give him one minute of game time to tie him to NIgeria? We don't know why he wasn't featured in the Algeria game, the coach has his reason for that. If Ebuehi feels the need to go play for Holland when there is clear interest by Nigeria to fill a spot that we have dire need (aka he has a realistic shot) then good luck to him.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Oh oh...people don catch our scam!

Troost Ekong has been playing very well so it must be annoying to see us get Ebuehi.

England are well and truly onto us. They will cap anybody cappable asap.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bret- hart wrote:Rhor should have capped him in Constantine. :curse:
So you believe this story?Unless the Dutch FA came out officially and complained I don’t know why this is news,is f Ebuehi wants to play in the World Cup why would he lose his chance,if he is willing to switch to Holland that would just show he never took playing for Nigeria seriously and why blame the Coach who capped him when no other coach considered him before?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote:Oh oh...people don catch our scam!

Troost Ekong has been playing very well so it must be annoying to see us get Ebuehi.

England done wake up, that Iwobi and Vic Mo own dey pain them due..even before we played Egypt they tried to get Iwobi to change....but Chuka nah true son of the soil
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

greg wrote:Who knows what Ebuehi discussed with Rohr? Perhaps he's still trying to make up his mind and asked not to be capped in a competitive game? If that's the case, then I think he's made up his mind with what he's seen so far. His initiation dance was also awesome :thumbs:
That has actually happened before. Re:Fashanu!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

furiously frank wrote:
greg wrote:Who knows what Ebuehi discussed with Rohr? Perhaps he's still trying to make up his mind and asked not to be capped in a competitive game? If that's the case, then I think he's made up his mind with what he's seen so far. His initiation dance was also awesome :thumbs:
That has actually happened before. Re:Fashanu!
Fashanu only trained with Nigeria,back in the 80s the rules where different a friendly match was enough to cap a player permanently.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
airwolex wrote:Oh oh...people don catch our scam!

England done wake up, that Iwobi and Vic Mo own dey pain them due..even before we played Egypt they tried to get Iwobi to change....but Chuka nah true son of the soil
Gareth Southgate is on our case big time. He is ready for battle with Nigeria over any player.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:If the Dutch snatch Ebuehi, then the fault is Rohr's. Why he did not give him a few minutes against Algeria is beyond me, especially as he still had the option of a 3rd sub.
Gbam. The man can be infuriating at times!
Relax bro, this can be likened to Nigeria still chasing Tammy Abraham after he has played in a friendly for England. Ebuehi has sampled life in the SE camp and is looking forward to the WC. Not looking backwards to join a team that won't see the WC until 2022. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. A good WC showing and his career will blow up. It's a no brainer.

Even Brian Idowu will be replaying his goal against Argentina in his mind every time he sleeps. If Russia comes calling now, they will be wasting their time. What he is feeling now is priceless and he will definitely be wanting more of the same. Look at the way they all rushed to celebrate with him when he scored, you only get that kind of love amongst your own. It's a done deal.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gbam. The man can be infuriating at times!
Relax bro, this can be likened to Nigeria still chasing Tammy Abraham after he has played in a friendly for England. Ebuehi has sampled life in the SE camp and is looking forward to the WC. Not looking backwards to join a team that won't see the WC until 2022. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. A good WC showing and his career will blow up. It's a no brainer.

Even Brian Idowu will be replaying his goal against Argentina in his mind every time he sleeps. If Russia comes calling now, they will be wasting their time. What he is feeling now is priceless and he will definitely be wanting more of the same. Look at the way they all rushed to celebrate with him when he scored, you only get that kind of love amongst your own. It's a done deal.
To be honest, I never paid any credence to the story. I think it is a given that Ebuehi and Idowu will be in Russia with the Super Eagles. With Idowu, he was never going to get a shout with Russia anyway. There is simply no way the hardcore Zenit St Petersburg fans would accept a black player for Russia at the moment.

We are doing well with our "Onyibo players." Apart from playing, they also help reduce all the Naija posing, bigmanism and indiscipline that has characterised our camp.

Those who have been around the camp like Larry, Gotti, Waffiman, Sir V, Prince, Mister Dolly, Heavy D etc, know what I am talking about. There is no way the likes of Iwobi, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu, Ebuehi, etc will exhibit the kind of indiscipline associated with say Aiyegbeni or Babayaro for instance.

Back then, players would turn up in camp with their personal barbers and when asked why they were late, they would reply: "Me I no dey carry Nigeria for head like you."

With our onyibos, we are getting discipline, everyone is arriving in camp on time and no one is smuggling prostitutes into their hotel rooms. I hope the young new Naija players like Uzoho, Awaziem, Abdullahi, Iheanacho, etc are taking all this on board.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Why are people freaking out? The Netherlands don't have a competitive match until 2019. We can start him against Seychelles in March. Problem solved.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ay the mentality is being driven by Rohr. The guy is fair and has extended an equal opportunity to all players. By creating competition in all positions, no player can rest on their laurels. Look at the Ogu case, everyone has to fight.. There is no room for bigmanism.

Folks should relax over Ebuehi... It's like a girlfriend that dumped you when the going was tough but starts ringing you no stop after she realises you have just won the lottery... It's a no brainer
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

TheHitman47 wrote:Why are people freaking out? The Netherlands don't have a competitive match until 2019. We can start him against Seychelles in March. Problem solved.
Hitman the game has been moved until after the WC (Nov I think)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Ay the mentality is being driven by Rohr. The guy is fair and has extended an equal opportunity to all players. By creating competition in all positions, no player can rest on their laurels. Look at the Ogu case, everyone has to fight.. There is no room for bigmanism.

Folks should relax over Ebuehi... It's like a girlfriend that dumped you when the going was tough but starts ringing you no stop after she realises you have just won the lottery... It's a no brainer

In the past, coaches have found it hard to instill such discipline. When you have players like Victor Ikpeba around you, believe you me, it is not easy.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I have to blame Rohr for this. He's had this guy on the bench in competitive game and did not seal the deal with a substitute appearance.

If the dutch "snatch" Ebuehi, then its Ebuehi's fault! It will be clear that he is interested in holland and not Nigeria. Pleaseeeeee! If Ebuehi wants Nigeria, nothing Holland can do about it.
Talk brave all you want but no one can fault Ebuehi. It is called planning. You chase the boy for a long time. He agreed and turns up for a few games but did not even get 1 minute of competitive football to finally seal him as a naija player. We often put too much on a player, particularly some facing a lot of pressure from home and their club. Yet some would talk tough on CE because the only pressure they face is pressing their keyboard. All tho Dutch pressure should have rendered unnecessary if he had played even 5 minutes competitive game for Nigeria

If Rohr does not rate him, is it fair to give him one minute of game time to tie him to NIgeria? We don't know why he wasn't featured in the Algeria game, the coach has his reason for that. If Ebuehi feels the need to go play for Holland when there is clear interest by Nigeria to fill a spot that we have dire need (aka he has a realistic shot) then good luck to him.
We all know the Dutch are not going to the wc so the chance of tempting Ebuehi is very slim. However I find it difficult to accept Rohr might not rate him when he chased him and when he finally secured him, did not play him in a competitive game. He could have played in some of the high scoring games like Cameroon and Algeria at home. He should have been sent on during time added on or the last ember of the game. If he had done that then this article of the Dutch hoping to tempt him would not be an issue.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Idowu might even lose his place at his club: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/15/ru ... les-debut/

To be honest, he needs to leave Russia in my opinion. he is too good a player for that league anyway.

It looks like January will be a crunch time for Nigerian football. By my count, about eight players may need to find new clubs. How well the January transfer window goes will have a major bearing on Nigeria's World Cup fortunes.
Not true. Russia allows dual nationality.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Ay the mentality is being driven by Rohr. The guy is fair and has extended an equal opportunity to all players. By creating competition in all positions, no player can rest on their laurels. Look at the Ogu case, everyone has to fight.. There is no room for bigmanism.

In the past, coaches have found it hard to instill such discipline. When you have players like Victor Ikpeba around you, believe you me, it is not easy.
Ay like I said, it boils down to how dispensable the coach can make you in the team by creating intense competition for places. Ikpeba had the tag prince of Monaco and behaved as such. Siasia was a big boy until a young teenage Amokachi cut him down to size...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Idowu is actually more vulnerable than Idowu (his other citizenship is with a country that is going to play at, and that will host, the World Cup). Ebuehi is not likely to give up a chance to play at the WC to sit at home with the Dutch.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

dont mind them!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You and Holland can cry and cry and twerk and twerk! Ebuehi will be playing for Nigeria in the world cup and you and holland will be watching the game at home. Gbam! Nothing you or Holland can do about that!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You and Holland can cry and cry and twerk and twerk! Ebuehi will be playing for Nigeria in the world cup and you and holland will be watching the game at home. Gbam! Nothing you or Holland can do about that!
you often show your stupidity with brainless comments. If you're incapable of a discourse like an adult, why bother? What interest do I have with Holland? We have a slight different take on an article and you always have to be an angel* all the time.

It seems I need to go back to ignoring your posts
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

you often show your stupidity with brainless comments. If you're incapable of a discourse like an adult, why bother? What interest do I have with Holland? We have a slight different take on an article and you always have to be an angel* all the time.

It seems I need to go back to ignoring your posts
awww.. i hurt you, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said, you and holland will sit your behinds are home, while Ebuehi goes to the world cup! :taunt: :taunt:

and :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: @ "I need to go back to ignoring your posts"... please please please... dont ignore me! please! I cant survive without you! I need your attention on my posts! What will my posts do without you???!! Please!! noooooooooo... Pleaseeeeeee! Shameless Imbecile! You think this is high school? You think I even notice your existence? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Mr Shows wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:Why are people freaking out? The Netherlands don't have a competitive match until 2019. We can start him against Seychelles in March. Problem solved.
Hitman the game has been moved until after the WC (Nov I think)
He could have played in the World Cup by then case closed!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

wiseone wrote:Idowu is actually more vulnerable than Idowu (his other citizenship is with a country that is going to play at, and that will host, the World Cup). Ebuehi is not likely to give up a chance to play at the WC to sit at home with the Dutch.
Idowu just needs to leave Russia even it means playing in Belguim.