Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:43 pm 

Prince wrote:
I hope they won't start to call this boys up now

Well, if they do, it is up to him to turn them down (unless they threatened to kill him :lol: :lol: ) or choose them, but at least he was given a chance to represent us

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 pm 

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The boy might still change his mind. We could still lose him and Ebuehi.

Even in Ibadan, do you give up one hot plate of amala in your hand for a promise of 2 plates of rice? :?

Kpom. Nothing to add. He's even already strongly hinted that he will reject their call if they try that. Nigerian citizens have played in Russia before he's not jeopardizing any club career. Patapata he'll move to another country. In this situation, I'm glad Russia was racist. Now if only England can also show their true colors to Tammy Abraham etc, but Southgate is too level headed for that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
So no Idowu initiation video?

Onazi no dey.

I think I saw one on instragram, also saw Uzoho's who didn't actually sing lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:57 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Bryan Idowu's situation is still dicey for the moment because Russia does not allow dual citizenship, which means he has to denounce his russian nationality in order to apply for a nigerian passport. One assumes that NFF is already on top of this issue and can complete all the arrangements in time, otherwise we will not be able to register him as a squad player for the SE for the World Cup.

Not True. Russia ALLOWS dual citizenship. Putin passed a new law recently making it a crime not to report and register as a dual citizen.

Most of the Russians with foreign citizenship also have Russian citizenship. In fact, Russia actively encourages it :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: for obvious reasons. Dual Finnish-Russian citizens in Finland still have obligations to serve in Russian military...including those who are part of NATO troops :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russia can sponsor Idowu to go and live in Naija and collect intel, without standing out

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, that is scary

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:00 pm 

Could get really dicey if Russia get drawn in the same group as Nigeria. Can you imagine what that would do to his heart strings?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:06 pm 

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Onazi no dey.

yep he sang Chris brown or is Mario

"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 am 

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Even in Ibadan, do you give up one hot plate of amala in your hand for a promise of 2 plates of rice? :?

you analogy get as e be. Ibadan people do not give up a potential plate of Amala for existing 5 plates of rice :lol: :lol: :lol: rice to them na like salad to some of our people wey no like "raw leaves"...

Chief you no lie. For my village, if you serve rice, the villagers will still be waiting for you to serve food... :D :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:22 am 

Goldleaf wrote:
Bryan Idowu's situation is still dicey for the moment because Russia does not allow dual citizenship, which means he has to denounce his russian nationality in order to apply for a nigerian passport. One assumes that NFF is already on top of this issue and can complete all the arrangements in time, otherwise we will not be able to register him as a squad player for the SE for the World Cup.

Many countries that do not allow dual citizenship make exceptions for those who acquired their citizenship at birth. Idowu has been Nigerian from birth and will remain one until he renounces his citizenship (passport or no passport).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:29 am 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Not True. Russia ALLOWS dual citizenship. Putin passed a new law recently making it a crime not to report and register as a dual citizen.

Most of the Russians with foreign citizenship also have Russian citizenship. In fact, Russia actively encourages it :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: for obvious reasons. Dual Finnish-Russian citizens in Finland still have obligations to serve in Russian military...including those who are part of NATO troops :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russia can sponsor Idowu to go and live in Naija and collect intel, without standing out

Finland is not in NATO but you are correct otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:50 am 

aruako1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Finland is not in NATO but you are correct otherwise.

Thanks...I guess I misread the article....I think it is the Finnish Army...

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:36 am 

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

you analogy get as e be. Ibadan people do not give up a potential plate of Amala for existing 5 plates of rice :lol: :lol: :lol: rice to them na like salad to some of our people wey no like "raw leaves"...

Chief you no lie. For my village, if you serve rice, the villagers will still be waiting for you to serve food... :D :taunt: :taunt:

No be lie o. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:19 am 

Goldleaf wrote:

Former WNBA player and current San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon holds dual US and Russian citizenship. She played for Russia at the Olympics.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 am 

aruako1 wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Many countries that do not allow dual citizenship make exceptions for those who acquired their citizenship at birth. Idowu has been Nigerian from birth and will remain one until he renounces his citizenship (passport or no passport).

That isn't even the case here. As I posted, Becky Hammon is a naturalized Russian. She wasn't born Russian.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:31 am 

wiseone wrote:
Could get really dicey if Russia get drawn in the same group as Nigeria. Can you imagine what that would do to his heart strings?

He will be pretty keen to show the Russian football establishment what they missed out on..He will be doubly motivated to do well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:11 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My people will say "Pounded Yam is the real food, Amala is medicinal, and for want of decent food which may be unavailable at that material time makes you turn to options like bean/rice/etc"

Last edited by mapet on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:14 pm 

airwolex wrote:
So this guy has lived in Owerri and is risking his place in his team to rep us. Just shows the folly of the folks that say they are not Nigerian enough. This guy is more Nigerian than a lot of guys that yak up and down. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Who has been saying that of late?

Inaction has been considered a grave danger, but 'misaction' is a greater evil. With inaction, a known problem grows in magnitude; however, with misaction a known problem morphs into an unspecified number of known and unknown derivatives of the initial problem. With inaction you are left with a gargantuan disaster, but with misaction you are left with an untold variety of gargantuan disasters. Act swiftly, but more importantly do not respond inappropriately. Awon musings lati enu tbite.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:33 pm 

I am actually worried about Russia nicking him from under Nigeria's noses. Russia can cap him immediately with no fuss.

Mr Shows wrote:
wiseone wrote:

He will be pretty keen to show the Russian football establishment what they missed out on..He will be doubly motivated to do well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 pm 

wiseone wrote:
I am actually worried about Russia nicking him from under Nigeria's noses. Russia can cap him immediately with no fuss.

Mr Shows wrote:
wiseone wrote:

You guys are funny with all your nicking, OK what competition do the Russians wish to invent to have him play in? For all that is worth even if ID goes and play friendlies ( which are the only available games) for Russia he can still play world cup for us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 pm 

I don't think so with the World Cup around the corner except if they do not make the team.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm 

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Onazi no dey.

It was introdu nkowa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm 

Would be mental if both Russia and Nigeria named Idowu in their WC squads!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:00 am 

wiseone wrote:

Wow! And this guy calls himself "wiseone" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:13 am 

wiseone wrote:

:???: :???: :???:

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!