Is Enyeama...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Is Enyeama...

Post by Robbynice »

...Injured, not in football shape, or club less? :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: Is Enyeama...

Post by Robotnik »

The last time I saw clips of him he was nowhere near in shape.

Looks like his rehabilitation is taking a while.

I will be surprised if he comes back to his best in the next few months

We better be comfortable with Uzoho and the rest because we do not what another Peter Rufai part 2.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Robotnik wrote:The last time I saw clips of him he was nowhere near in shape.

Looks like his rehabilitation is taking a while.

I will be surprised if he comes back to his best in the next few months

We better be comfortable with Uzoho and the rest because we do not what another Peter Rufai part 2.

Chaiiiiiiiiiii. see bad belle and agent services merged in one post. :shock: Is that the same clip were Vince was making saves and showing sharp reflexes? This is like going to Nepa to ask for light when they’re using generators themselves. The responses na fabrication. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief "Truetalk" has mentioned repeatedly about goalkeeper Thomas and two others. Some of the names he listed are in our football league locally. Is there anyway somebody can suggest the names of the keepers to coach Rohr and his crew? Why do we seem to depend on and looking forward to Enyeama's coming?
Last edited by Odas on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Even if Vince is fully fit and finds a club in January, at his age, do you really not think his best days are behind him? This is what Sunday Oliseh saw which caused the row between them.

Fans want to see the sensational Vincent Enyeama of 2014 in 2018 but this is not Play Station where players never lose form. Francis Uzoho is Nigeria’s best goalkeeper as of now. It is time we start getting that into our collective medulla oblangstas!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

His age is irrelevant. Come January if his performing fit and playing consistently then enyeama should be our starting goalkeeper. After all, goal keepers get better with age
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Even if Vince is fully fit and finds a club in January, at his age, do you really not think his best days are behind him? This is what Sunday Oliseh saw which caused the row between them.

Fans want to see the sensational Vincent Enyeama of 2014 in 2018 but this is not Play Station where players never lose form. Francis Uzoho is Nigeria’s best goalkeeper as of now. It is time we start getting that into our collective medulla oblangstas!
Uzoho,Nigeria's best after only 45 mins...smh!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Soccerstand.com still lists Vinny as injured.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Even if Vince is fully fit and finds a club in January, at his age, do you really not think his best days are behind him? This is what Sunday Oliseh saw which caused the row between them.

Fans want to see the sensational Vincent Enyeama of 2014 in 2018 but this is not PlayStation where players never lose form. Francis Uzoho is Nigeria’s best goalkeepers as of now. It is time we start getting that into our collective medulla oblangstas!
That is not what Sunny saw, he himself wrote about the whole fiasco, issue was Vince being non-committal as to whether he was retired or not, and saying he might not be always available. Stop making up stuff abeg, GK's age like wine and not milk. If he's fit and is getting consistent playing time I don't see why he can't be called, why would we throw away a valuable experienced GK that is still playing consistently at a high level to force in an inexperienced or local GK at the world stage? This is nothing like the Rufai case and I don't know why that's being brought up, even Enyeama doesn't want to taint his own legacy, if he is not ready for the assignment, he will simply say no as he has nothing else to prove at the NT level.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

current GK ranking

1) Enyeama - when fit
2) Uzoho - Needs more play time in Spain
3) Ezenwa - needs more training
4) Akpeyi - needs counselling - he has stage fright
Last edited by asabatex on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:His age is irrelevant. Come January if his performing fit and playing consistently then enyeama should be our starting goalkeeper. After all, goal keepers get better with age

Age is a factor which is why the Peter Rufai of 1998 was not the same goalkeeper we saw in 1994. I remember David Seaman’s last year with England when he was conceding goals from corners and free kicks 40 yards out because age meant he could no longer move his feet with the same agility.

The US are not going to the World Cup because they refused to drop the ageing Tim Howard. Go and see the second goal he conceded in Trinidad that knocked them out of the World Cup to get my point.

We all love Vince very dearly and would like to thank him for his service to the nation but all good things must come to an end. Vince does not not want to return because he fears destroying all he has achieved by overstaying his welcome.

Francis Uzoho is our new goalkeeper. End of discussion.

This will be my last contribution on the goalkeeping debate because it has now become an irritating distraction. Absolutely pointless!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
john12 wrote:His age is irrelevant. Come January if his performing fit and playing consistently then enyeama should be our starting goalkeeper. After all, goal keepers get better with age

Age is a factor which is why the Peter Rufai of 1998 was not the same goalkeeper we saw in 1994. I remember David Seaman’s last year with England when he was conceding goals from corners and free kicks 40 yards out because age meant he could no longer move his feet with the same agility.

The US are not going to the World Cup because they refused to drop the ageing Tim Howard. Go and see the second goal he conceded in Trinidad that knocked them out of the World Cup to get my point.

We all love Vince very dearly and would like to thank him for his service to the nation but all good things must come to an end. Vince does not not want to return because he fears destroying all he has achieved by overstaying his welcome.

This will be my last contribution on the goalkeeping debate because it has now become an irritating distraction. Absolutely pointless!
You have been dismissed, thank you for your contribution :roll:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Hope you realise he has been sent to Deportivo team B in the 3rd division.
For me if Enyeama recovers , gets a team and is back in shape no reason not to cajole him to return to the team.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

zee wrote:Soccerstand.com still lists Vinny as injured.
Vince is fit again and has resumed training. There have been offers for him in France but the clubs are not willing to meet Lille’s asking price.

Now in France, the way it works is that if you have two years left on your contract and the buying club is not ready to meet the offering price, you the player has to forfeit the money to the club. So, what Vince needs is a club that can buy out his contract.

As we speak, Vince is focused on sorting all this out, so all this noise about him returning to the Eagles is just hot air. I just hope he gets a good club in January.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

imehjunior wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Hope you realise he has been sent to Deportivo team B in the 3rd division.
For me if Enyeama recovers , gets a team and is back in shape no reason not to cajole him to return to the team.
I am hoping Uzoho actually moves in January and becomes the undisputed number one somewhere else in La Liga, Portugal or across Europe. That is the way forward!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
zee wrote:Soccerstand.com still lists Vinny as injured.
Vince is fit again and has resumed training. There have been offers for him in France but the clubs are not willing to meet Lille’s asking price.

Now in France, the way it works is that if you have two years left on your contract and the buying club is not ready to meet the offering price, you the player has to forfeit the money to the club. So, what Vince needs is a club that can buy out his contract.

As we speak, Vince is focused on sorting all this out, so all this noise about him returning to the Eagles is just hot air. I just hope he gets a good club in January.
I don't get your point, he can't come back to the NT UNLESS that is sorted out, so he clearly has to focus on that first, then anything else regarding the NT will fall into its place in due time...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Spot on. The Man is retired.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Goldenera94
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oloye wrote:

And he was only tested once in that 45 mins.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Here we have an opportunity to produce our own Zoff, Buffon, Casillas, Zenga, Khan, Mier, Shilton, Jennings, Scmiechel, Van der Sar, Chilavet, etc because we have got this guy young. All hands should now be on deck to make sure we move ahead, not go backwards!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oloye wrote:

:rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Here we have an opportunity to produce our own Zoff, Buffon, Casillas, Zenga, Khan, Mier, Shilton, Jennings, Scmiechel, Van der Sar, Chilavet, etc because we have got this guy young. All hands should now be on deck to make sure we move ahead, not go backwards!
You obviously don't see the irony of your post do you?

Almost all those goalkeeping legends were/are actively manning the posts for their national teams at an age OLDER than Enyeama is currently, yet you are advocating for him to be dropped simply because he is recovering from injury and you have found one 'sweet 19' that has been tried for all but 45mins. :idea:

Who exactly provides the best prospect of becoming our version of Dino Zoff or Vaan der Sar - Enyeama or Uzoho?
Dang!
Bro, you're losing it big time.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If Enyeama wants to go to the world cup he needs to start getting playing time and most likely will need to leave Lille in January. A player of his caliber should at least be able to get a 1 or 2 year deal with a club in Belgium, Turkey, or Israel. He may even be able to get a short term deal with a mid level club in France or Holland. However, due to his age, he may have limited offers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:If Enyeama wants to go to the world cup he needs to start getting playing time and most likely will need to leave Lille in January. A player of his caliber should at least be able to get a 1 or 2 year deal with a club in Belgium, Turkey, or Israel. He may even be able to get a short term deal with a mid level club in France or Holland. However, due to his age, he may have limited offers.
His age will be less of a limiting factor than his form.
He just needs to regain fitness and then regain form.
Older keepers are quite the norm nowadays.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "