THE AFCON QUALIFIER IN MARCH IS A REAL DISTRACTION

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
THE AFCON QUALIFIER IN MARCH IS A REAL DISTRACTION

Post by anointed »

Just realized that the next afcon qualifier is during the March 2018 FIFA window. I think it's a real distraction cos we cannot approach the match with a friendly mentality. We cannot use 6 subs for instance and try out as many players as possible. It's even more intriguing cos we must win since we are already walking a tight rope.

In essence, we will the opportunity of playing one friendly before the preliminary list of 30 players are named before May 22.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Af ... lification

http://www.fifa.com/calendar/index.html
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: THE AFCON QUALIFIER IN MARCH IS A REAL DISTRACTION

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Pinnick is trying to get it rescheduled!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Pinnick is trying to get it rescheduled!
CAF has already granted our request.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
CAF has already granted our request.
so when do we play?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Confederation of African Football ( CAF) has approved a request tendered before the board by president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick for the 2019 AFCON Qualifiers scheduled for March to be shifted.

Pinnick submitted the request to the board arguing that the window should be used by African teams preparing for the World Cup 2018 in Russia to play friendly games.

He argued that since the African Cup of Nations is to hold in 2019, it’s only logical for CAF to move the qualifiers till November, which is after the World Cup next year to allow teams focus on their campaign at the World Cup.

Nigeria were originally billed to take on Seychelles, but they will now use the window to organise at least two friendly games to keep the Super Eagles in shape ahead of the World Cup 2018 in Russia.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The Confederation of African Football ( CAF) has approved a request tendered before the board by president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick for the 2019 AFCON Qualifiers scheduled for March to be shifted.

Pinnick submitted the request to the board arguing that the window should be used by African teams preparing for the World Cup 2018 in Russia to play friendly games.

He argued that since the African Cup of Nations is to hold in 2019, it’s only logical for CAF to move the qualifiers till November, which is after the World Cup next year to allow teams focus on their campaign at the World Cup.

Nigeria were originally billed to take on Seychelles, but they will now use the window to organise at least two friendly games to keep the Super Eagles in shape ahead of the World Cup 2018 in Russia.
Score another one for Pinnick! :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

That Coup to remove that Cameroonian dianosur is turning out to be a great move!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Pinnick is on it. The man is doing the do and needs to be commended.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thumbs up for Pinnick...
Albeit the request was jointly made by all 5 African WC teams (according to BBC).
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Score another one for Pinnick! :thumb:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

kai!! we are on fire lately! In those days, we wouldnt even have noticed. cheiii!! God! thank you o!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Wow, impressive work by Pinnick. However, considering the request to postpone is for the good of Africa, CAF had no choice but to accept the request
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I can't wait for this game. I just pray all our players are healthy and available
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

anointed wrote:Just realized that the next afcon qualifier is during the March 2018 FIFA window. I think it's a real distraction cos we cannot approach the match with a friendly mentality. We cannot use 6 subs for instance and try out as many players as possible. It's even more intriguing cos we must win since we are already walking a tight rope.

In essence, we will the opportunity of playing one friendly before the preliminary list of 30 players are named before May 22.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Af ... lification

http://www.fifa.com/calendar/index.html

Barring any major injuries, our WC team is 95% set. So don't need to make 6 subs for any game. There is no ppsition we atr not 3 players or more deep. What Rohr will be working on from here on out is team chemistry.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Shege! Pinnick is bad azz
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Retweeted Oluwatoyin Ibitoye (@Toyin_Ibitoye):

Top source reveals that African teams to the World Cup will now have the March 2018 FIFA international days for friendly games after @CAF_Online exco approved @PinnickAmaju’s proposal for 2019 AFCON qualifiers fixed for that period moved to October 2018.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Egg-cellent
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

anointed wrote:

Top source reveals that African teams to the World Cup will now have the March 2018 FIFA international days for friendly games after @CAF_Online exco approved @PinnickAmaju’s proposal for 2019 AFCON qualifiers fixed for that period moved to October 2018.
When i was the only one supporting Pinnick for the CAF leadership position people were calling me names, now everyone is enjoying the benefit of his appointment.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

1naija wrote:
anointed wrote:

When i was the only one supporting Pinnick for the CAF leadership position people were calling me names, now everyone is enjoying the benefit of his appointment.
To be fair to you, we didn't notice your support as it happened at a time when you are busy defending Madam Umbrera :twisted:
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I have now done a U-turn around Pinnick.

we are getting good preparation. He is alright.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

With Issa Hayatou gone, we are now getting a better deal. Well done, Amaju! :clap: :clap: