I like how the SE stay in touch

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
I like how the SE stay in touch

Post by Tobi17 »

with each other affably on social media, it's almost like a family off the pitch. Iwobi, Aina and Nacho especially always make jokes on each other's pics on Instagram and encourage each other as well, while Balogun and Ekong seem very close based on how they interact... Ogu seems to get along with everyone... I've never seen Mikel post much except with his family, seems to be a very private type of person.
The real deal
Egg
Egg
Re: I like how the SE stay in touch

Post by The real deal »

Tobi17 wrote:with each other affably on social media, it's almost like a family off the pitch. Iwobi, Aina and Nacho especially always make jokes on each other's pics on Instagram and encourage each other as well, while Balogun and Ekong seem very close based on how they interact... Ogu seems to get along with everyone... I've never seen Mikel post much except with his family, seems to be a very private type of person.
They are all young and likeable.
I hate to compare them with the Greatest group we have known till now( Keshi/ Oliseh/ kanu group), but the truth is that the Oliseh generation stir up so much controversies about everything....they fight over bonuses, allowances, wild allegations of nepotism and bad mouth their country in the press. At the peak of their prowess, they were good enough to compete with the best in the world but their ego and thirst for spurious controversies made sure they thoroughly underachived. I hope Oliseh will change cos ive never seen a more controversy seeking personalities than him....... I hope this grp takes it to another level so we can banish that label
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Credit must be given to Rohr, he has kept the bond between the players strong and built on this. Even Karl Ikeme is mentioned at every opportunity and is still a part of the team..
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Tobi17 wrote:with each other affably on social media, it's almost like a family off the pitch. Iwobi, Aina and Nacho especially always make jokes on each other's pics on Instagram and encourage each other as well, while Balogun and Ekong seem very close based on how they interact... Ogu seems to get along with everyone... I've never seen Mikel post much except with his family, seems to be a very private type of person.
You are absolutely right. Ogu seems to be the glue, and the group is helped by the fact that there are no gangs, no mafia.