On a lighter note which sweet pass Ighalo or Iwobi's dribble

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
On a lighter note which sweet pass Ighalo or Iwobi's dribble

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Which do you guys enjoys the most:

This nutmeg of Mascherano:

or this classic Ighalo dribble know as the Igy Scoop:

Knowing you greedy lot, you will want to see both on full display in Russia 2018. i guess that is what Nigeria brings to the table. flair, entertainment, creativity and pace.

We are not yet there though. Still a little bit more to do though.
Sampo
Egg
Egg
Re: On a lighter note which sweet pass Ighalo or Iwobi's dri

Post by Sampo »

Ayo, after all these years you still no sabi use the forum own video link tags? :woot: :taunt: :taunt: Na simple click, nah. SMH. :tic: :lol:

Back to the matter, any SE dribbling dey sweet belle esp. the ones resulting in goals. :thumbs:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Why has Ighalo stopped doing his scoop?
Maybe he's saving it for the WC for unsuspecting defenders.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:Why has Ighalo stopped doing his scoop?
Noticed that too... Maybe working on a new move :thumb:

Iwobi seems to be the only one who fully expresses his creative side.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.
I think Rohr encourages it.
England can coach creativity out of somebody.
He is even lucky he has Wenger as coach, but guys that know Iwobi and have been following him since his adolescent years (Waffiman, Sir V) can testify to his innate dribbling skills which we only occasionally catch a glimpse of @ Arsenal.

Those skills are increasingly expressed with growing confidence and encouragement and I suspect Rohr is responsible for this in Iwobi when playing for the SE.

Notice even Mikel is regaining creative confidence
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

The Igy Scoop was prominent when Ighalo first arrived in England. Teams got used to it, and it accounts for the sharp drop in his scoring before he left Watford for parts unknown.

Iwobi's nutmeg is a different barrel of monkeys: The intricacy is that Mascherano commits in the middle of the drag, and then Iwobi finishes it. By that time, the goalkeeper could see the murder in his left foot. At which time it was too late.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.
He is even lucky he has Wenger as coach, but guys that know Iwobi and have been following him since his adolescent years (Waffiman, Sir V) can testify to his innate dribbling skills which we only occasionally catch a glimpse of @ Arsenal.

Those skills are increasingly expressed with growing confidence and encouragement and I suspect Rohr is responsible for this in Iwobi when playing for the SE.

Iwobi was like a Kanu in that move....he pulled the move to evade defender and score. You could see he already knew what he was gonna do after finishing Mascherano. JJ on the other hand would nutmeg Mascherano, wait for Otamendi, dribble him, dribble goalkeeper, dribble linesman and referee, and then shoot over the bar :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Ighalo has a patent on his own scoop.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Which do you guys enjoys the most:

This nutmeg of Mascherano:

or this classic Ighalo dribble know as the Igy Scoop:

Knowing you greedy lot, you will want to see both on full display in Russia 2018. i guess that is what Nigeria brings to the table. flair, entertainment, creativity and pace.

We are not yet there though. Still a little bit more to do though.
Goldenera94
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Iwobi's na good vision say the open legs of the Argie led to open space.
Ighalo's na trade mark because many opponents can't stop him as he does it repeatedly.
Striker
Egg
Egg

Post by Striker »

Chief Ogbunigwe, you've lost it. That was hilarious.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

Iwobi was like a Kanu in that move....he pulled the move to evade defender and score. You could see he already knew what he was gonna do after finishing Mascherano. JJ on the other hand would nutmeg Mascherano, wait for Otamendi, dribble him, dribble goalkeeper, dribble linesman and referee, and then shoot over the bar :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsene Wenger hails Arsenal star Alex Iwobi for demonstrating ‘unbelievable improvement’ Metro Sport Reporter for Metro.co.ukFriday 17 Nov 2017 3:41 pm

Arsene Wenger believes Alex Iwobi has demonstrated ‘unbelievable improvement’ in the one aspect of his game he has been critical of in the past. Iwobi delivered a coming of age performance for Nigeria in midweek, scoring twice in a 4-2 win including a stunning solo effort which saw him nutmeg Barcelona’s Javier Mascherano in the process. Wenger has been hoping to see Iwobi improve his efficiency in front of goal and believes he is ready to take a great leap forward in that department ahead of Saturday’s north London derby.
He said: Before he used to rush his finishing. But his finishing against Argentina showed the composure of a guy who knows what he is doing and with his left foot as well. ‘He’s worked on his finishing and he’s improved a lot. Compared to one year ago the difference is unbelievable.’

He added: ‘We now want him to make a better quality of receptions in the final third. But it will all come because he is a boy who loves to play football who is passionate about the game and has a very good attitude. ‘He also analyses his game very well. He is enthusiastic to play and to be involved. Overall I believe it’s fantastic for Nigeria to have a player like that and I am sure they will never be disappointed by his commitment because he has a fantastic attitude, he is a pleasure to work with.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/17/arsene-we ... to=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

Lol this guy you no well, finishing moves was a big problem for JJ. But everybody is focused on the nutmeg, but the most important part of the move was the ball control on a pass fired at him with venom, his majestic control meant the other players didn't have a chance nick at the ball, then stupid Mash rushed in and got egg all over his face.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

Evidence:
[/video]

OTOH young Alex took 3 steps, beat 3 players, and dm'ed the ball to the back of the net.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Chief Ogbunigwe, you no lie but you forgot to add JJ's icing on the cake after his exploits - giving us his beautiful smile. :biggrin: :mrgreen: :lol:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sampo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Chief Ogbunigwe, you no lie but you forgot to add JJ's icing on the cake after his exploits - giving us his beautiful smile. :biggrin: :mrgreen: :lol:
How could I forget that smile? On the positive side, JJ "came back as Kanu", and his new name is Alex Iwobi :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kneedeep wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

Evidence:
[/video]

OTOH young Alex took 3 steps, beat 3 players, and dm'ed the ball to the back of the net.
Na Oliver Kahn reaction kill me pass. JJ don make the bobo run 3 miles inside box 18. Na lie down Oliver dey look for after that. If person dey inside Oliver head Na " abeg leave me make I rest small" person go hear
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My ribs.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Exactly.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My ribs.
I know we all hate to remember WC2002, but who remembers when JJ dribbled the entire defense and GK, then proceeded to hit the upright while he had an empty net...not sure if it was vs Argentina or vs Sweden....

Anyway, one of AW's original sins was not signing JJ and helping him mature earlier in his career. Both JJ and Nigeria would have benefitted immensely. Imagine JJ paying for Allardyce..... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
That dude was so talented, he should have been playing 10 for the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, etc.
AFCON 2019 sweet o