It might seem trivial but I noticed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
It might seem trivial but I noticed

Post by highbury »

It might seem trivial, I serendipitously found that all our players (starting line up)in the game against Argentina except our wing backs( Ola Aina and Shehu Abdullahi) are over 6ft. This is strategic folks. No wonder we were winning the headers when a corner kick was placed.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It might seem trivial but I noticed

Post by Kabalega »

Argentina are terrible at corner kicks.

They will probably fix that before the World Cup.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

highbury wrote:It might seem trivial, I serendipitously found that all our players (starting line up)in the game against Argentina except our wing backs( Ola Aina and Shehu Abdullahi) are over 6ft. This is strategic folks. No wonder we were winning the headers when a corner kick was placed.

Iwobi and Iheanacho are not over six feet oooooo!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
highbury wrote:It might seem trivial, I serendipitously found that all our players (starting line up)in the game against Argentina except our wing backs( Ola Aina and Shehu Abdullahi) are over 6ft. This is strategic folks. No wonder we were winning the headers when a corner kick was placed.

https://www.lcfc.com/players/13554/Kele ... ho/profile

According to Wiki( not my favorite source) Iwobi is 5'11 which is approx 6ft
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Kabalega wrote:Argentina are terrible at corner kicks.

Please stop living on past glories...They are a 2nd round/ Qtr finals team...They got lucky 4 years ago.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

We are just better organised defensively.. We have players with positional sense that can read the game well (Balogun) and those with the athleticism to dig themselves out of tight corners and react to danger (Ekong). With Nididi we have a player that has the class and mobility to shield the back 4. All round we have improved. It took Cameroon and Algeria penalties to smell our net.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

What is your own with Argentina 'fixation'?

We are talking Nigeria, you are giving prescription to Argentina. :?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Benedict Iroha wrote:

Please stop living on past glories...They are a 2nd round/ Qtr finals team...They got lucky 4 years ago.
I must admit this Argentina team is nowhere near what we have become used to. For me, there are only four teams that have a realistic chance of winning the World Cup:

Brazil
Germany
France
Spain
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

I must admit this Argentina team is nowhere near what we have become used to. For me, there are only four teams that have a realistic chance of winning the World Cup:

Brazil
Germany
France
Spain
I see Italy and Argentina are off your very recent shortlist.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Brazil
Germany
France
Spain
I see Italy and Argentina are off your very recent shortlist.

Yep. In life, things are fluid. If you fail to perform, you get removed. With me, there are no sentiments.

If Ghana win their appeal and get reinstated and suddenly beat Brazil and Germany, the Kenkey Bredas will get added to the list of contenders. The only thing that is constant in life is change!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Damunk wrote:

I tire ooo
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo, Iwobi is over 6 feet, I know that . Iheanacho is about 6 feet. Ola is about 5 feet 11
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo, Iwobi is over 6 feet, I know that . Iheanacho is about 6 feet. Ola is about 5 feet 11

Dem get Ghanaian blood inside dem oooooo.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I tire ooo
The OP made his conclusion in part because Argentina had poor corner kicks against Naija.
He thinks Argentina didn't do well at CKs because Naija had taller players.

The fact is, Argentina took bad corner kicks and the outcome would have been the same if Naija had shorter players.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Brazil
Germany
France
Spain
Argentina has a good chance of winning with messi involved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Brazil
Germany
France
Spain
Argentina has a good chance of winning with messi involved
They can get to the semi final or final but I cannot see them winning it. In 2014 they got to the final with Messi playing but never looked like they could win that match.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

The only time that the Eagles have dominated Africa and the World (94, 96), the majority of our players were big and skillful. It appears that way again. Then again, Germans like big players and big goalies.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

I love it. Naija soccer should be about physicality speed and skill. 94 team contained gisnts everywhere. Amokachi, Amuneke, and okocha were the only regulars under 6ft on that team. Amokachi was big and strong, amuneke brought unique skills and well okocha was okocha and wasn't even a regular starter anyways
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

amafolas wrote:I love it. Naija soccer should be about physicality speed and skill. 94 team contained gisnts everywhere. Amokachi, Amuneke, and okocha were the only regulars under 6ft on that team. Amokachi was big and strong, amuneke brought unique skills and well okocha was okocha and wasn't even a regular starter anyways
Yes - the relatively short ones were very strong physically.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

amafolas wrote:I love it. Naija soccer should be about physicality speed and skill. 94 team contained gisnts everywhere. Amokachi, Amuneke, and okocha were the only regulars under 6ft on that team. Amokachi was big and strong, amuneke brought unique skills and well okocha was okocha and wasn't even a regular starter anyways
Everytime I think of that team I feel a tinge of sadness at how the team was not given the opportunity to maximize its potential thanks to that demon Abacha. That team was good for at least three AFCON titles. To think practically the (nucleus of the) same team that won in 94 was able to get back to the final in 2000 (while winning the Olympics in between) shows that it had the potential to win back to back to back AFCONs.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Yes - the relatively short ones were very strong physically.
Physical in football means pace and speed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Beautiful,for a while we lacked a physical presence!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

https://www.lcfc.com/players/13554/Kele ... ho/profile

According to Wiki( not my favorite source) Iwobi is 5'11 which is approx 6ft
Iwobi is 6ft 1, same as Iheanacho. Ayo you done come again oo