It might seem trivial but I noticed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Zelex
Egg
Egg
Re: It might seem trivial but I noticed

Post by Zelex »

Adisboy wrote:
highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
highbury wrote:It might seem trivial, I serendipitously found that all our players (starting line up)in the game against Argentina except our wing backs( Ola Aina and Shehu Abdullahi) are over 6ft. This is strategic folks. No wonder we were winning the headers when a corner kick was placed.

Iwobi and Iheanacho are not over six feet oooooo!
https://www.lcfc.com/players/13554/Kele ... ho/profile

According to Wiki( not my favorite source) Iwobi is 5'11 which is approx 6ft
Iwobi is 6ft 1, same as Iheanacho. Ayo you done come again oo
Iheanacho is definitely not 6"1. De Bruyne is 5'11 is definitely taller than Iheanacho when they were playing together so I would guess probably about 5"10 ish. Iwobi is probably a fraction under 6ft (6ft believable).

I wouldn't pay attention to some of these sites. Chinedu Obasi is still reported as 6"2.
Last edited by Zelex on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
amafolas wrote:I love it. Naija soccer should be about physicality speed and skill. 94 team contained gisnts everywhere. Amokachi, Amuneke, and okocha were the only regulars under 6ft on that team. Amokachi was big and strong, amuneke brought unique skills and well okocha was okocha and wasn't even a regular starter anyways
Yes - the relatively short ones were very strong physically.
Physical in football means pace and speed

Nope. Being able to hold off challenges is also important. In the modern game, lightweight players struggle to succeed because they are pushed off the ball a lot.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Zelex wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
highbury wrote:It might seem trivial, I serendipitously found that all our players (starting line up)in the game against Argentina except our wing backs( Ola Aina and Shehu Abdullahi) are over 6ft. This is strategic folks. No wonder we were winning the headers when a corner kick was placed.

Iheanacho is definitely not 6"1. De Bruyne is 5'11 is definitely taller than Iheanacho when they were playing together so I would guess probably about 5"10 ish. Iwobi is probably a fraction under 6ft (6ft believable).

I wouldn't pay attention to some of these sites. Chinedu Obasi is still reported as
Based on what evidence? Please don't tell me you just eye balled him. I just furnished you with Leicester City's website info on Kelechi. You think the club just guessed? They pay him 25 million for just guessing.
You are really funny aha.. Hahahahaha
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

highbury wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I wouldn't pay attention to some of these sites. Chinedu Obasi is still reported as
Based on what evidence? Please don't tell me you just eye balled him. I just furnished you with Leicester City's website info on Kelechi. You think the club just guessed? They pay him 25 million for just guessing.
Leicester website is wrong (and yes this does happens, I can list numerous of examples) or he could have been measured in footwear. Either way it is not correct. He is not 6"1, he would probably tell you that himself. :lol:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Zelex wrote:
highbury wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Leicester website is wrong (and yes this does happens, I can list numerous of examples) or he could have been measured in footwear. Either way it is not correct. He is not 6"1, he would probably tell you that himself. :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Zelex wrote:
highbury wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I am sure he's at least 6"... same as Iwobi
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

@ highbury,

I usually don't bother but I thought for your future reference. The Leicester website where you got your info from also lists Ndidi as 6"0 (which is wrong btw), meaning that Iheanacho is somehow taller than Ndidi. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Zelex on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Argentina are terrible at corner kicks.

They will probably fix that before the World Cup.
What is your own with Argentina 'fixation'?

We are talking Nigeria, you are giving prescription to Argentina. :?
I think Kabelega referred to Argentina in his response because Argentina was mentioned by the writer of previous post
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I don't believe those stats. Iwobi and Kelechi are under 6 feet. In the NBA it is common for players to add 1-3 inches to their real height. I wonder if the same thing is happening here.
Adisboy wrote:
highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Argentina are terrible at corner kicks.

They will probably fix that before the World Cup.
What is your own with Argentina 'fixation'?

We are talking Nigeria, you are giving prescription to Argentina. :?
He's not Nigerian,he's Ugandan or something so of cause he'll think that way!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI