Where is Lukman Zakari?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Where is Lukman Zakari?

Post by danfo driver »

This defender was highly rated, but we havent heard about him in a minute.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lukman-za ... ler/401919

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21157
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Where is Lukman Zakari?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Good question. Too many of our U17 stars fall by the wayside. Lukman Zakari should be competing for a shirt in this team.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Good question. Too many of our U17 stars fall by the wayside. Lukman Zakari should be competing for a shirt in this team.
Just because someone was a U17 "star" does not mean they will be a star in the future
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

danfo driver wrote:This defender was highly rated, but we havent heard about him in a minute.

The problem with a lot of youth players is that desperation to leave Nigeria causes some to go on trial from one obscure Euro club to another eventually they get lost in football wilderness and disappear. A lot of these guys do not realize that they are better of playing in Nigerian for a yr or two developing themselves, because nowadays Nigerian players get signed directly from NPFL.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ogasir wrote:
danfo driver wrote:This defender was highly rated, but we havent heard about him in a minute.

The problem with a lot of youth players is that desperation to leave Nigeria causes some to go on trial from one obscure Euro club to another eventually they get lost in football wilderness and disappear. A lot of these guys do not realize that they are better of playing in Nigerian for a yr or two developing themselves, because nowadays Nigerian players get signed directly from NPFL.

But that does not mean they cannot move on to bigger and better things. Players who have gone from the U17 team to have successful European careers include:

Nwankwo Kanu
Wilson Oruma
Celestine Babayaro
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ogenyi Onazi
Kenneth Omeruo
Mikel Obi
Francis Uzoho

I am in favour of players leaving as soon as they can because that way they get exposed to good coaching early. The longer you stay in the Nigerian league, the more likely you are to develop bad and irreversible habits.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Which one are you peddling now? :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

to years later, he moves to Real Betis! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:to years later, he moves to Real Betis! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm surprised I dont readily recall him from the U17 Class of 2015.
He must have been pretty good for you lot to remember him - and a defender for that matter.
Plus there are no youtube highlights of his career -yet.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:to years later, he moves to Real Betis! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
He must have been pretty good for you lot to remember him - and a defender for that matter.
i have noticed one very cunning character about this damunk... this guy is a fence sitter...my goodness... you pick both sides and then act as if you weren't for or against... kai...I have finally figured you out ...once again, I will continue to expose you

see how you just tried to act as if you aren't suspect :laugh: kai what a green snake
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Dude impressed me the most in that team.

Funny enough, I wasn't sold on Nwakali or Chukwueze. If someone had told me Chukwueze would get to the level he is today, I'd have laughed. And if someone told me Nwakali will struggle like he has so far, I'd have agreed.

It was this kid and Osimehn who impressed me the most.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

These kids would jump at a chance to play in the V League (Vietnam) as they believe they stand a better chance as a footballer as long as they are abroad, so Latvia isn’t too bad :thumbs:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI