ONYEKURU HANGS...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: ONYEKURU HANGS...

Post by 9jaMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:France have Martial
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

Promising youngsters who could well be the hope of their nations next year.
Can't understand why Rohr did not play onyekuru against Argentina. Musa should be dropped until he can play regularly for a club, we also have Bonaventure waiting to be tested, sentiments will not take the SE far
The man’s favouritism and soft spot for certain players is becoming a source of concern. What happens if he persists with doing things this way?
Moving forward I really hope Rohr selects players on merit. Leaving ebuehi on the bench for so long may just be evidence that the coach cannot recognize talent. We all saw what happened against SA
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Mr Shows wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

Can't understand why Rohr did not play onyekuru against Argentina. Musa should be dropped until he can play regularly for a club, we also have Bonaventure waiting to be tested, sentiments will not take the SE far
I am not entirely sure Rohr is fully convinced about Onyekuru as a 'team' player. He hasn't hit the ground running but the good thing is that he is still in the mix, just like Kayode. Although I suspect there is only room for one of them on the plane to Russia.
Onyekuru is scoring goals and creating goals in his club as a "team" player.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

9jaMan wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

I am not entirely sure Rohr is fully convinced about Onyekuru as a 'team' player. He hasn't hit the ground running but the good thing is that he is still in the mix, just like Kayode. Although I suspect there is only room for one of them on the plane to Russia.
There are 4 very good goal scorers on the SE that are ahead of Onyekuru. For him to dislodge any of them, he will have to be coming off the bench and scoring goals like Aghahowa used to do in 2000. As good as Aghahowa was back then no one was going to start him agead of Ikpeba or Agali. But he forced himself into the team by scoring goals whenever his number was called off the bench. Onyekuru has come off the bench for the SE at least 3 times that i could think of and hasn't scored once. Idowu now has more goals for the SE than he has. If he doesnt start scoring for Nigeria soon, i don't see him going to the WC.
Last edited by 1naija on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ahmed Musa super eagles top scorer with 13 goals. Experienced World Cup player and champions league player is not getting dropped for an inexperienced backwater league player. You agents are really annoying. Now, they’re mentioning bonaventure smh
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

john12 wrote:Ahmed Musa super eagles top scorer with 13 goals. Experienced World Cup player and champions league player is not getting dropped for an inexperienced backwater league player. You agents are really annoying. Now, they’re mentioning bonaventure smh
When was the last time Musa scored anywhere? When was the last time onyekuru scored anywhere? It's immature to call folks agents or start using curse words when you have no clue. Musa scored those goals for Nigeria because he was given a chance. Now he is currently not in form, a better inform player regardless of age should be considered. During the qualifiers Musa could not even bench a junk player like Simon in the SE. Football is about now, not history. An inexperienced iwobi made a World Cup finalist like mascharano look ordinary. Make una wake up abeg
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:Ahmed Musa super eagles top scorer with 13 goals. Experienced World Cup player and champions league player is not getting dropped for an inexperienced backwater league player. You agents are really annoying. Now, they’re mentioning bonaventure smh
Only a dishonest person would pick Musa ahead of Onyekuru!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

A typical case of kettle calling pot black. It is even glaring to Sugar Ray Robison you have a hidden agenda, Very soon, very soon my friend will be unmasked and exposed.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

If all these cry for Onyekuru is so he can take Musa's place then we don't want him to go to the WC. As prolific a goal scorer as he is for his club he should be fighting for Ighalo, Iheanacho, Victor Moses, or Iwobi's Spot. But no one in his right mind will pick him over any of those players right now. That's why I think he may have to do something extraordinary in the next few friendlies to have any chance of making the WC squad. I see a parallel between his situation and Richard Owubokiri's in 94. I hope we can take him to Russia but he needs to start scoring for Nigeria. Just playing well is not going to cut it.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

If all these cry for Onyekuru is so he can take Musa's place then we don't want him to go to the WC. As prolific a goal scorer as he is for his club he should be fighting for Ighalo, Iheanacho, Victor Moses, or Iwobi's Spot. But no one in his right mind will pick him over any of those players right now. That's why I think he may have to do something extraordinary in the next few friendlies to have any chance of making the WC squad. I see a parallel between his situation and Richard Owubokiri's in 94. I hope we can take him to Russia but he needs to start scoring for Nigeria. Just playing well is not going to cut it.
He goes. End of story. Our squad of members of the forward line should look something like this:

Targetmen
Odion Ighalo
Kayode Olanrewaju/Victor Osimhen/Taiwo Awoniyi

Wide forwards
Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho
Anthony Nwakaeme/Bezee/Dessers/ Any new hot kid that comes through

Playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Nwakali
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Mr Shows wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

Well said. I have watched Onyekuru twice and I suspect I know why Rohr is not sure about him. The boy runs a lot with the ball but rarely picks out his teammates with a good pass and his positional play is poor. But I suppose he can do a job when you are down and need a goal from somewhere. He will be selfish and might nick one. But I am not a fan yet.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You’re calling Iwobi that plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world has almost 2 years of champions league experience as inexperienced? My guy you’re mad. Ahmed Musa has proven times after times that he can perform against world class players. He has seen it all there’s no way he should be dropped for inexperienced backwater Onyekuru. If there’s anyone Onyekuru should compete with then it should be Moses Simon. Unfortunately for him, the coach fancies Moses Simon. The guy is just 19 he should wait his time would come he has a big career ahead of him. Now, rohr needs to continue building with the players we have available. If there’s any exceptional one then rohr should call that individual. This year I have you agents, clowns, clients time. You agents always pull this nonsense every time we qualified for World Cup. Y’all did the same nonsense in 2002 and 2014. I’m surprised this nonsense wasn’t done in 2010. I’m pretty certain that someone is sponsoring this propaganda behind the scenes
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

This is how these agents were clamoring for the likes of Azeez, in 2010 only for his inexperience to show at that World Cup. This nonsense happened previously in 2002 with the likes of ogbeche, opabunmi in 2002. We couldn’t hear word. Imagine ogbeche securing a role Cup place just because of an overhead kick against Paraguay. You agents, clients etc I have your time this year. Awon oleburuku! They would sell their country for plantains
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ahmed Musa will be on the plane to Russia and rightfully so. He is an experience and integral member of the team and most importantly one of the leaders of the team. I don't know what the criteria is for picking players but if you look at teams that have been there and done that they always have a player like Musa on the team. Case in point Germany had Podolski in their squad to the last WC and that did not prevent them from winning it.

With that said, guys fail to mention the fact that Musa came in the last game against Argentina and gave the assist that led to the 4th goal. #justsaying
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robbynice wrote:Ahmed Musa will be on the plane to Russia and rightfully so. He is an experience and integral member of the team and most importantly one of the leaders of the team. I don't know what the criteria is for picking players but if you look at teams that have been there and done that they always have a player like Musa on the team. Case in point Germany had Podolski in their squad to the last WC and that did not prevent them from winning it.

With that said, guys fail to mention the fact that Musa came in the last game against Argentina and gave the assist that led to the 4th goal. #justsaying

So he should go even if he is in woeful form and there are better players available?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Ahmed Musa will be on the plane to Russia and rightfully so. He is an experience and integral member of the team and most importantly one of the leaders of the team. I don't know what the criteria is for picking players but if you look at teams that have been there and done that they always have a player like Musa on the team. Case in point Germany had Podolski in their squad to the last WC and that did not prevent them from winning it.

So he should go even if he is in woeful form and there are better players available?
Yet you want Enyeama and Osimhen in Russia. At least Musa has been playing cup matches and U23 football.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yet you want Enyeama and Osimhen in Russia. At least Musa has been playing cup matches and U23 football.
Are you for real? Musa is not even in the Leicester City squad. Victor Osimhen, like Kelechi Iheanacho, Kelechi Nwakali and Olanrewqaju Kayode at least make cameo appearances virtually every week.

Meanwhile, for the record, I have made it clear I want Francis Uzoho in goal. If we are desperate for a back-up, I would actually call Dele Aiyenugba to camp as he is playing week-in-week-out in Israel at the moment.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

1naija wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

There are 4 very good goal scorers on the SE that are ahead of Onyekuru. For him to dislodge any of them, he will have to be coming off the bench and scoring goals like Aghahowa used to do in 2000. As good as Aghahowa was back then no one was going to start him agead of Ikpeba or Agali. But he forced himself into the team by scoring goals whenever his number was called off the bench. Onyekuru has come off the bench for the SE at least 3 times that i could think of and hasn't scored once. Idowu now has more goals for the SE than he has. If he doesnt start scoring for Nigeria soon, i don't see him going to the WC.
Fellow Imolite all these your hepatic encephalopathy induced gibberish is absolutely disturbing . I have advised you time without number to desist from superfluous consumption of Jonny walker but you vehemently refuse to listen to your fellow Imolite . Now see the deleterious impact it is having on your life. Well it is not too late you can still help yourself with some kind of determination and self discipline
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bully12 wrote:
1naija wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

Fellow Imolite all these your hepatic encephalopathy induced gibberish is absolutely disturbing . I have advised you time without number to desist from superfluous consumption of Jonny walker but you vehemently refuse to listen to your fellow Imolite . Now see the deleterious impact it is having on your life. Well it is not too late you can still help yourself with some kind of determination and self discipline
Bambully the premature ejaculater. How Safari? This one you are typing gingerly, did you are your fellow metro bus drivers have an ejaculation fest at Safari last night?
Last edited by 1naija on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Onyekuru duly earned SE consideration by scoring goals for his club...
But to keep a SE shirt as a goalscorer, he has to start scoring goals for the SE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Gotti wrote:Onyekuru duly earned SE consideration by scoring goals for his club...
But to keep a SE shirt as a goalscorer, he has to start scoring goals for the SE.

The goals will come.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:
Gotti wrote:Onyekuru duly earned SE consideration by scoring goals for his club...
The goals will come.
Perhaps, they will come...
But if not soon, might well be too late for Russia.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
mystic wrote:
The goals will come.
Perhaps, they will come...
But if not soon, might well be too late for Russia.

How does he score when he is not fielded?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:How does he score when he is not fielded?
He's been fielded THRICE (v Corsica, Togo and Algeria)...
It took Idowu less time to score - and he ain't even a goalscorer. :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL