ONYEKURU HANGS...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
ONYEKURU HANGS...

Post by Gotti »

Onyekuru scores in the 80th minute to give Anderlecht a 2-1 lead over Taiwo Awoniyi's Mouscron...

Game now in 83rd minute.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ONYEKURU HANGS...

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile U20 Falconets has just beaten Morocco 5-1 in t Benin-City in the second leg of the FIFA Women's U20 World Cup qualifiers, to win 6-2 on aggregate (first leg having ended 1-1 in Morocco).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Onyekuru is substituted in the 88th minute by defender Appiah...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Onyekuru is a bit of an enigma, he's obviously very talented but seems to have no defined role in the national team, neither has he been given sufficient time in all our games so far to prove his quality... I really can't understand his situation.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:Onyekuru is a bit of an enigma, he's obviously very talented but seems to have no defined role in the national team, neither has he been given sufficient time in all our games so far to prove his quality... I really can't understand his situation.
Rohr is building a team! The days where players come in from obscurity and grab a starting spot is gone! He is doing well with the opportunity given and continues to improve.Same way Ebuehi, Simon and Ogu have under Rohr.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of my favorite players. I would love Everton to end his loan, if he can get a work permit. Unfortunately, we seem to have the mentality that if a player is not playing in England, then we dont respect him. Ndidi only became a starter after he went to ENgland. :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Game over - 2-1...
Onyekuru's goal proves to be the game winner.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

http://www.fifa.com/live-scores/nationa ... index.html

He’s just 1 goal from top scorer despite coming off the bench the first month of the season. :clap: :clap:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Gotti wrote:Meanwhile U20 Falconets has just beaten Morocco 5-1 in t Benin-City in the second leg of the FIFA Women's U20 World Cup qualifiers, to win 6-2 on aggregate (first leg having ended 1-1 in Morocco).
Falconets will now play South Africa for one of Africa's 2 spots for the France 2018 Women's U20 WC...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://www.fifa.com/live-scores/nationa ... index.html

He’s just 1 goal from top scorer despite California king off the bench the first month of the season. :clap: :clap:
WHo be that?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://www.fifa.com/live-scores/nationa ... index.html

He’s just 1 goal from top scorer despite California king off the bench the first month of the season. :clap: :clap:
WHo be that?
Size of bench he was sitting on. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He seems to be scoring on the moon regulary. I hope he stard scoring for the SE soon.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of my favorite players. I would love Everton to end his loan, if he can get a work permit. Unfortunately, we seem to have the mentality that if a player is not playing in England, then we dont respect him. Ndidi only became a starter after he went to ENgland. :roll:
In as much I vehemently disagree with your prior view points and action; I will have to agree with your statement
here
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

He’s just 1 goal from top scorer despite coming off the bench the first month of the season. :clap: :clap:
Question is, why is he forever coming off the bench?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

France have Martial
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

Promising youngsters who could well be the hope of their nations next year.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:France have Martial
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

Can't understand why Rohr did not play onyekuru against Argentina. Musa should be dropped until he can play regularly for a club, we also have Bonaventure waiting to be tested, sentiments will not take the SE far
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:

Question is, why is he forever coming off the bench?
Is he? He was in his first month there but he became a regular once he settled down.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

9jaMan wrote:
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

Can't understand why Rohr did not play onyekuru against Argentina. Musa should be dropped until he can play regularly for a club, we also have Bonaventure waiting to be tested, sentiments will not take the SE far
The man’s favouritism and soft spot for certain players is becoming a source of concern. What happens if he persists with doing things this way?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal missing out on Onyekuru was a bummer. I understand the work permit issues with 2 Arsenal players then, so the club pulled out. I wish they hung on and made a deal, cos one of those Arsenal players will get a work permit next season, cos he is going to the WC. It will mean Arsenal with Onyekuru probably going to the WC will be in a much better position with 2 talented young players getting work permits instead on one. But hindsight is 20/20 vision.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal missing out on Onyekuru was a bummer. I understand the work permit issues with 2 Arsenal players then, so the club pulled out. I wish they hung on and made a deal, cos one of those Arsenal players will get a work permit next season, cos he is going to the WC. It will mean Arsenal with Onyekuru probably going to the WC will be in a much better position with 2 talented young players getting work permits instead on one. But hindsight is 20/20 vision.
You have Nwakali and Iwobi. Abeg make do with that. Not all Nigerian youngsters can sign for Arsenal abeg.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

9jaMan wrote:
England have Rushford
We have Onyekuru

I am not entirely sure Rohr is fully convinced about Onyekuru as a 'team' player. He hasn't hit the ground running but the good thing is that he is still in the mix, just like Kayode. Although I suspect there is only room for one of them on the plane to Russia.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1naija wrote:He seems to be scoring on the moon regulary. I hope he stard scoring for the SE soon.
How does he score when the coach refuses to play him?
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal missing out on Onyekuru was a bummer. I understand the work permit issues with 2 Arsenal players then, so the club pulled out. I wish they hung on and made a deal, cos one of those Arsenal players will get a work permit next season, cos he is going to the WC. It will mean Arsenal with Onyekuru probably going to the WC will be in a much better position with 2 talented young players getting work permits instead on one. But hindsight is 20/20 vision.

This may not necessarily be the case as Onyekuru's spot in the WC squad is not assured and this maybe something the decision makers took into account. So it may end up being a wise decision in as much we (Nigerians) do not like it.

As for Onyekuru this type of goal was not one we would regularly see in the clips for last season, we maybe seeing someone who is improving on is team play, at 19 he has a bit of time.