Nigeria to play France or Germany in March

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria to play France or Germany in March

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:
highbury wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I think playing Germany could be a disaster. Imagine a 4-0 loss in March 2018?
Dang see fear!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The last time I checked the Germans are humans. I am sure you were probably against the Argentina friendly
Nope. What i said on here about Argentina was i was happy Messi wasn’t playing...and many, just like you, accused me of being needlessly fearful, among other things. For the same reasons I didn’t think it was productive to meet Messi now, I also don’t think it’s productive to play either of the 2 elite teams in the world right now.

Good, Solid Teams, yes. France & Germany...wait until the big dance
Cowards die many times before their death!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
highbury wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I think playing Germany could be a disaster. Imagine a 4-0 loss in March 2018?
Dang see fear!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The last time I checked the Germans are humans. I am sure you were probably against the Argentina friendly
Nope. What i said on here about Argentina was i was happy Messi wasn’t playing...and many, just like you, accused me of being needlessly fearful, among other things. For the same reasons I didn’t think it was productive to meet Messi now, I also don’t think it’s productive to play either of the 2 elite teams in the world right now.

They also win the World Cup by avoiding strong opponents in knockout rounds.

What would playing Germany/France accomplish??? Games where there is a 60% chance we get ragdolled....we're a young team, following a methodical path to the WC...lets keep on that path and gain cohesion...If we need to face Ger/Fra, lets wait until the WC, and then play out of our skin. No one here can say man for man, we're anywhere close to those 2 teams....so what's the point?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
highbury wrote:

Knock out rounds???? We are talking about friendlies here!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
highbury wrote:

I knew you would say that. My point was directed at your "cowards" line. There is quite a bit of history backing the notion that "cowards" advance to latter stages of the WC by avoiding tough opponents. If there is no place for "cowardice", then that would not happen.

It simply means that you should be smart about selecting opponents. Thought should be paid to the psychological makeup of your team, its talent and its experience level. I don't see anything to be gained by playing France/Germany. There are so many countries we could play that would be better prep
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
highbury wrote:

I knew you would say that. My point was directed at your "cowards" line. There is quite a bit of history backing the notion that "cowards" advance to latter stages of the WC by avoiding tough opponents. If there is no place for "cowardice", then that would not happen.

It simply means that you should be smart about selecting opponents. Thought should be paid to the psychological makeup of your team, its talent and its experience level. I don't see anything to be gained by playing France/Germany. There are so many countries we could play that would be better prep
We gained a lot from playing Argentina. It exposed a lot of the flaws in our team we did not know existed. Can you just imagine how much Ozil, Kroos, Sane, etc would teach us about our team.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

While it’s good to play the super powers, I’ll suggest we need to look at the Scandinavian countries as well. We’ve lost to both Denmark and Sweden in the past. We may very well get a Scandinavian country in our group again next year, so scheduling a friendly against one of these three ( Denmark / Sweden / Iceland) will not be a bad idea.

Also, depending on how the groups allocation goes on Dec 1st, a friendly against game Switzerland and one of Uruguay, Costa Rica, Mexico will be good as well
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).