Amazing no one is talking of the Madrid derby

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Amazing no one is talking of the Madrid derby

Post by charlie »

Best 0-0 draw of the season so far. End 2 end stuff and desperate defending from both teams.

[/video]
Last edited by charlie on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Amazing no one is talking of the Madrid derby

Post by Gotti »

Why is it "amazing"? Did we stumble into CyberMadrid by mistake? :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Gotti wrote:Why is it "amazing"? Did we stumble into CyberMadrid by mistake? :blink:
Only a fanatic will assume you have to like a team to appreciate a good game of football.

I expected more from you Gotti,...my bad.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

I watched the game, but didn't think it was a great spectacle. Definitely not boring, but more brawn than brains. Isco aside, there was an overall lack of imagination and control that reminds me of the stereotypical 'kick-and-rush' EPL matches. Atletico seemed to be playing without a recognized center forward, such was the poverty of their forward play - what happened to Griezmann? - and Real largely flung themselves at the Atletico wall without sense. Zidane is proving so far why many still hold reservations about his managerial qualities, because right now Real need a more expansive offensive strategy than crossing into the box; individual talent alone is insufficient without last year's squad depth and current key players out of form.

The real winner of this tie was Barcelona, who are now 10 points clear of both teams despite being in possibly the worst iteration of Messi's era. Strange...
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Wasn't that good all strikers firing blank, benzema will get zudane sacked. R onaldo too slow at the moment
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

charlie wrote:
Gotti wrote:Why is it "amazing"? Did we stumble into CyberMadrid by mistake? :blink:
Only a fanatic will assume you have to like a team to appreciate a good game of football.

I expected more from you Gotti,...my bad.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Whether or not folks here appreciate good football (and I agree with those who rated it much ado about little), why on earth would any rational person find it "amazing" that discussants on a primarily NIGERIAN football website are not enraptured with the Madrid derby? Did you perchance also find it similarly "amazing" that CEs were not talking about Accra Hearts of Oaks vs Ashanti Kotoko? Kaiser Chiefs vs Orlando Pirates? Asec Mimosas vs Africa Sport? Corinthians vs Palmeiras (excellent football btw)? Boca Juniors vs River Plate? Or perhaps KF Tirana and Partizani Tirana?! Perspective abegi.

PS: And if you are wondering, the last one is Albania's biggest derby! :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The guy won back to back Champions League titles for the first time in history (while simultaneously winning La Liga). He is possibly the only manager on earth that can say he was won more than the monstrous ego in his dressing room called CR7. If CR7 does the "show us your medals thing", Zidane can whip out a Ballon D'or and a World Cup winners' medal too.
lionga wrote:I watched the game, but didn't think it was a great spectacle. Definitely not boring, but more brawn than brains. Isco aside, there was an overall lack of imagination and control that reminds me of the stereotypical 'kick-and-rush' EPL matches. Atletico seemed to be playing without a recognized center forward, such was the poverty of their forward play - what happened to Griezmann? - and Real largely flung themselves at the Atletico wall without sense. Zidane is proving so far why many still hold reservations about his managerial qualities, because right now Real need a more expansive offensive strategy than crossing into the box; individual talent alone is insufficient without last year's squad depth and current key players out of form.

The real winner of this tie was Barcelona, who are now 10 points clear of both teams despite being in possibly the worst iteration of Messi's era. Strange...
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

And amazing it was :mrgreen: