WHAT IS ROHR'S BEEF WITH ONYEKURU ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: WHAT IS ROHR'S BEEF WITH ONYEKURU ?

Post by bully12 »

john12 wrote:Onyekuru was given a chance against corsica he failed to impress. He was given another chance against Algeria and was just okay. When you’re inexperienced, new in a team you have to take full advantage of our chances. Time is not on your side because the coach doesn’t know about you. Me personally I wouldn’t drop experienced Ahmed Musa for inexperienced Onyekuru because I have seen many inexperienced Nigeria players flatter to deceive then perform woefully at the big stage. You know exactly what you’re getting with your experienced guys. Onyekuru should continue working hard. His only 19 he has a bright future ahead of him. As for you agents, touts, clients etc your plan is not going to work this year. Every time we qualify for World Cup you guys seem to receive money behind the scenes to promote your clients. You guys have no integrity and would sell your country for some coins. Ndi ori! I can vividly remember these nonsense promotions that was done in 2002 when inexperienced players like ogbeche, opabunmi, obiora, afolabi was promoted ahead of our experienced finidi, oruma, Oliseh. Those aforementioned players failed to perform at the big stage and was just flash in the pan. You agents continued this nonsense in 2014 when the likes of uchebo, azeez, Reuben, ameobi was hyped week in and out prior to that World Cup. Azeez especially ( I was convinced he paid someone money) those guys once again performed woefully. This time you idiots are very disrespectful and cannot even respect the coach. Our fvcking coach conquered the group of death without losing any game, we just beat another world class team. Yet, people can’t respect the coach decision. You fools are really getting on my nerves it’s pissing me the Fock off.
You definitely love to make yourself sound knowledgeable by pervading false facts and distortions. The most unfortunate thing all your aforementioned players none of them had the pedigree remotely close to what Onyekuru has at the moment. Please pull up one write up in the past that advocated for inclusion of any of the players you mentioned. Please stop being unnecessarily mendacious, perhaps it is embedded in your DNA you can not help it. I'm sure there is something behind this your insidious zeal fulminating for inclusion of a player who is not even bench warming in his team. Please grow up stop being delusional and enough of these your asinine rants
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bully12 wrote:
john12 wrote:Onyekuru was given a chance against corsica he failed to impress. He was given another chance against Algeria and was just okay. When you’re inexperienced, new in a team you have to take full advantage of our chances. Time is not on your side because the coach doesn’t know about you. Me personally I wouldn’t drop experienced Ahmed Musa for inexperienced Onyekuru because I have seen many inexperienced Nigeria players flatter to deceive then perform woefully at the big stage. You know exactly what you’re getting with your experienced guys. Onyekuru should continue working hard. His only 19 he has a bright future ahead of him. As for you agents, touts, clients etc your plan is not going to work this year. Every time we qualify for World Cup you guys seem to receive money behind the scenes to promote your clients. You guys have no integrity and would sell your country for some coins. Ndi ori! I can vividly remember these nonsense promotions that was done in 2002 when inexperienced players like ogbeche, opabunmi, obiora, afolabi was promoted ahead of our experienced finidi, oruma, Oliseh. Those aforementioned players failed to perform at the big stage and was just flash in the pan. You agents continued this nonsense in 2014 when the likes of uchebo, azeez, Reuben, ameobi was hyped week in and out prior to that World Cup. Azeez especially ( I was convinced he paid someone money) those guys once again performed woefully. This time you idiots are very disrespectful and cannot even respect the coach. Our fvcking coach conquered the group of death without losing any game, we just beat another world class team. Yet, people can’t respect the coach decision. You fools are really getting on my nerves it’s pissing me the Fock off.
You definitely love to make yourself sound knowledgeable by pervading false facts and distortions. The most unfortunate thing all your aforementioned players none of had the pedigree of Onyekuru has at the moment. Please pull up write up in the past that advocated for inclusion of any of the players you mentioned. Please stop being unnecessarily mendacious perhaps it is embedded in your DNA you can not help it. I'm sure there is something behind this your insidious zeal fulminating for inclusion of a player who is not even bench warming in his team. Please grow up stop being delusional and enough of these your asinine rants
The good thing is Rohr knows that the fans are on his back and he will be slaughtered if he picks the squad based on sentiments. We want our best 23 in Russia and he has to pick them or he will be torn to shreds.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bully12 wrote:
You definitely love to make yourself sound knowledgeable by pervading false facts and distortions. The most unfortunate thing all your aforementioned players none of had the pedigree of Onyekuru has at the moment. Please pull up write up in the past that advocated for inclusion of any of the players you mentioned. Please stop being unnecessarily mendacious perhaps it is embedded in your DNA you can not help it. I'm sure there is something behind this your insidious zeal fulminating for inclusion of a player who is not even bench warming in his team. Please grow up stop being delusional and enough of these your asinine rants
The good thing is Rohr knows that the fans are on his back and he will be slaughtered if he picks the squad based on sentiments. We want our best 23 in Russia and he has to pick them or he will be torn to shreds.

I just hope it's not salisu influencing Rohr to select players based on sentiments. Only the best will do for SE and currently onyekuru should be playing regularly for SE.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Only the best will do for the SE and you people know the best from behind your computer and tv abi? Mssshheeeww. Why don't you guys keep quiet and believe in those people who travel to see and talk to players and sometimes their families silo they can change allegiance? You think they are doing all these so they can have the worst players in the SE? We saw how one touch football and releasing the ball early totally decimated the Argentines. One would at least expect the intellectuals to question the identity and brand of SE football and then decide which player fit that brand and not just because a player is scoring for club?
I personally think Onyekuru's goals shows is individualistic nature and skills. That does not mean he win fit or contributes to the SE positively but would those goals against Argentina have happened if he was single handedly taking on the entire Argentina defense?
He might not be getting a look in for entirely different reasons and could yet make the trip to Russia. But it is sheer ungratefulness' to be questioning those working hard to make SE successful just on opinion that a certain player is not in the mix
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

pajimoh wrote:Only the best will do for the SE and you people know the best from behind your computer and tv abi? Mssshheeeww. Why don't you guys keep quiet and believe in those people who travel to see and talk to players and sometimes their families silo they can change allegiance? You think they are doing all these so they can have the worst players in the SE? We saw how one touch football and releasing the ball early totally decimated the Argentines. One would at least expect the intellectuals to question the identity and brand of SE football and then decide which player fit that brand and not just because a player is scoring for club?
I personally think Onyekuru's goals shows is individualistic nature and skills. That does not mean he win fit or contributes to the SE positively but would those goals against Argentina have happened if he was single handedly taking on the entire Argentina defense?
He might not be getting a look in for entirely different reasons and could yet make the trip to Russia. But it is sheer ungratefulness' to be questioning those working hard to make SE successful just on opinion that a certain player is not in the mix

Onyekuru's last goal for club was a team goal, a quick give and go pass. The only reason for player selection should be ability.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bully12 wrote:

I just hope it's not salisu influencing Rohr to select players based on sentiments. Only the best will do for SE and currently onyekuru should be playing regularly for SE.
Of course it has to someway somehow be the LCs fault, typical. It can't be that Rohr doesn't think he fits into his team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Why does Rohr have to have a beef with Onyekuru? The young man is being weaned into the team, and when he's deemed to be ready, Rohr will unleash him. Stay tuned .....
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

maceo4 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bully12 wrote:

Of course it has to someway somehow be the LCs fault, typical. It can't be that Rohr doesn't think he fits into his team.
I tire oo. SMH

Personally I think it's to due Onyekuru's defensive work-tracking back. Rohr values this quite highly in his wide forwards. I recall correctly, reports stated that Rohr gave Moses Simon a dressing down on is lack of support defensively for his full back (even leading to him issuing an ultimatum). This is one of Onyekuru's weaknesses IMO. Good thing is he should be improving on this aspect of his game as he has been playing as the wide MF in a 3-5-2 for Anderlecht lately.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

9jaMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Only the best will do for the SE and you people know the best from behind your computer and tv abi? Mssshheeeww. Why don't you guys keep quiet and believe in those people who travel to see and talk to players and sometimes their families silo they can change allegiance? You think they are doing all these so they can have the worst players in the SE? We saw how one touch football and releasing the ball early totally decimated the Argentines. One would at least expect the intellectuals to question the identity and brand of SE football and then decide which player fit that brand and not just because a player is scoring for club?

Onyekuru's last goal for club was a team goal, a quick give and go pass. The only reason for player selection should be ability.
His last goal and how about his previous goals? In anycase I don't want to narrow this debate to something that might not be why he's currently not in the team but I find it difficult to understand that you could be thinking something is going on even with all the success we've had compared to recent years. There are lots of good players and not all will get into the team. Unless you have proof that some illegality us happening then don't accuse.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Why don't you people grow a brain and stop thinking there's a beef or some money making scheme at play? As old as you people are you keep sining the same tune regardless of who is managing the team. It shows you lack respect or critical thinking.

Let the manager do his job and invite whom he wants and can fit into his system. When you people get to become the coach of The Super Eagles then you can invite anyone you want

Football is the game it is today because of the fans. Take the fans out of the sport and you have nothing.

Have you ever watched a match played behind closed doors before? If you have ever been to a game in an empty stadium before you will not be so contemptuous of the fans.

It is the fans who buy tickets, jerseys, memorabilia, cheer the teams along and generate the positive atmosphere around the players. We the fans will not sit back and allow any individual to ruin our team with his personal biases. In a democracy, the participation of the electorate is compulsory, so Gernot Rohr will hear from us big time!
Ay you need to chill out and stop hyperventilating over this matter. The buck stops with the manager (and not the fans) and all managers live and die by their results and Rohr has earned his stripes.

We are in November and the WC is in June. Rohr has claimed that he is still building his team, so far he has a good idea of what Onyekuru can do and is monitoring his weekly progress. In the team building process, he has the prerogative to decide who he wants to try out, when and where.. So far Ogu had to ride the bench for a while but eventually got his chance, same with Nwakaeme who also eventually got his chance. For crying out loud, Uche Agbo hasn't even had a look in yet. Must he play Onyekuru every game?? Just like the other players, he has been given a chance and is already in the 'squad'.

Seriously you need to stopping pedaling this baseless agenda. Player selection is a subjective thing, influenced by so many other considerations and there is no how everyone here is going to agree of the final 23 that make the cut. Let the coach go about what he is doing, he works close enough to the players to make a well informed decision.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Why don't you people grow a brain and stop thinking there's a beef or some money making scheme at play? As old as you people are you keep sining the same tune regardless of who is managing the team. It shows you lack respect or critical thinking.

Let the manager do his job and invite whom he wants and can fit into his system. When you people get to become the coach of The Super Eagles then you can invite anyone you want

Football is the game it is today because of the fans. Take the fans out of the sport and you have nothing.

Have you ever watched a match played behind closed doors before? If you have ever been to a game in an empty stadium before you will not be so contemptuous of the fans.

It is the fans who buy tickets, jerseys, memorabilia, cheer the teams along and generate the positive atmosphere around the players. We the fans will not sit back and allow any individual to ruin our team with his personal biases. In a democracy, the participation of the electorate is compulsory, so Gernot Rohr will hear from us big time!
Ay you need to chill out and stop hyperventilating over this matter. The buck stops with the manager (and not the fans) and all managers live and die by their results and Rohr has earned his stripes.

We are in November and the WC is in June. Rohr has claimed that he is still building his team, so far he has a good idea of what Onyekuru can do and is monitoring his weekly progress. In the team building process, he has the prerogative to decide who he wants to try out, when and where.. So far Ogu had to ride the bench for a while but eventually got his chance, same with Nwakaeme who also eventually got his chance. For crying out loud, Uche Agbo hasn't even had a look in yet. Must he play Onyekuru every game?? Just like the other players, he has been given a chance and is already in the 'squad'.

Seriously you need to stopping pedaling this baseless agenda. Player selection is a subjective thing, influenced by so many other considerations and there is no how everyone here is going to agree of the final 23 that make the cut. Let the coach go about what he is doing, he works close enough to the players to make a well informed decision.
I will lay off him once I do not see the following junk players around our squad:

Daniel Akpeyi
Ikechukwu Ezenwa
Uwua Echiejile
Ahmed Musa
Simon Moses
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

There may well be a very good player in Onyekuru waiting to come out for the SE but he needs to take his chances. We do not have the time to allow a player to grow into the SE. The coach needs to work on tactics rather than looking at what a player has to offer. John Ogu and Ebuehi have taken their chances but Onyekuru has not taken his and time is running out. This is not about what he can do for Anderlecht but what he can do for the SE. The much maligned Ahmed Musa took his chances against Togo in a friendly in Paris and scored 2 goals, Onyekuru also played in that game and failed to deliver, yet some people are saying Musa should be dropped for Onyekuru!
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:There may well be a very good player in Onyekuru waiting to come out for the SE but he needs to take his chances. We do not have the time to allow a player to grow into the SE. The coach needs to work on tactics rather than looking at what a player has to offer. John Ogu and Ebuehi have taken their chances but Onyekuru has not taken his and time is running out. This is not about what he can do for Anderlecht but what he can do for the SE. The much maligned Ahmed Musa took his chances against Togo in a friendly in Paris and scored 2 goals, Onyekuru also played in that game and failed to deliver, yet some people are saying Musa should be dropped for Onyekuru!
There will be a year and a half between the Paris game and the start of the World Cup. Teams are picked on current form not historical precedents!
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:There may well be a very good player in Onyekuru waiting to come out for the SE but he needs to take his chances. We do not have the time to allow a player to grow into the SE. The coach needs to work on tactics rather than looking at what a player has to offer. John Ogu and Ebuehi have taken their chances but Onyekuru has not taken his and time is running out. This is not about what he can do for Anderlecht but what he can do for the SE. The much maligned Ahmed Musa took his chances against Togo in a friendly in Paris and scored 2 goals, Onyekuru also played in that game and failed to deliver, yet some people are saying Musa should be dropped for Onyekuru!
There will be over a year between the Paris game and the start of the World Cup. Teams are picked on current form not historical precedents!

Current form for club or country? Which one are you referring to? Because when it comes to current form for country Musa nicks it.

Having said that, I believe that Onyekuru will continue to be part of the picture as we build towards the World Cup. The opportunity is still there for him to play his way onto the final roster; just as Musa could still be dropped before it's all said and done. Neither player's status is currently set in stone.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thank you - John12! Except for the "cursing words", opinion is very well stated and on point, in my opinion. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Onyekuru will be up against musa for a place in the squad
To be brutally honest I don't see any evidence he is better than musa
If musa were playing in belgium who knows how many goals he would have scored by now
Let rohr do his job
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Musa never play ball this season and you guys want him in our Worls Cup squad????? Kai, I have heard it all!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

osita wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Rohr is Musas agent, simple :winking:
Why not shut your mouth look like a fool than open it and prove beyond every reasonable doubt that you are definitely a fool
Does that warrant insults? You looking like the fool, it may have being a joke.
Chief Osita, thank you - Sir! Good question indeed. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Musa never play ball this season and you guys want him in our Worls Cup squad????? Kai, I have heard it all!

He will have the opportunity to find a better situation at club level in January. If he does that, he will remain in the national team picture. If he doesn't, he will be jeopardizing his Super Eagles place. The situation is fluid. He may yet make the World Cup squad. Just as he may yet be dropped.

There are players on the team who barring injury have already booked their ticket to Russia. Musa is not one of them.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Musa will be dropped if the coach deemed so and not at the insistence of internet Guadiolas. I remember some wanting Mikel dropped because he moved to China.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Musa never play ball this season and you guys want him in our Worls Cup squad????? Kai, I have heard it all!

He will have the opportunity to find a better situation at club level in January. If he does that, he will remain in the national team picture. If he doesn't, he will be jeopardizing his Super Eagles place. The situation is fluid. He may yet make the World Cup squad. Just as he may yet be dropped.

There are players on the team who barring injury have already booked their ticket to Russia. Musa is not one of them.
Rohr should have waited until he got a club and started playing before inviting him to camp!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:

Rohr should have waited until he got a club and started playing before inviting him to camp!

That's the normal standard, but coaches will sometimes make one or two exceptions. If Musa was not pulling his weight in training or when he got on the pitch, I would understand your little tirade. But that isn't the case.

Furthermore, I don't believe that Musa will be able to hold on to his spot on the team ahead of the World Cup if he doesn't find playing time in the January transfer window, because the competition for spots is too fierce. Not only Onyekuru (who will continue to improve) that he has to fend off but Isaac Success and Bazee as well.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:Onyekuru will be up against musa for a place in the squad
To be brutally honest I don't see any evidence he is better than musa
If musa were playing in belgium who knows how many goals he would have scored by now
Let rohr do his job
:clap: :clap:

Thanks for raising this issue! How many league goals did Musa score in Holland and in Russia, per season?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?