WHAT IS ROHR'S BEEF WITH ONYEKURU ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WHAT IS ROHR'S BEEF WITH ONYEKURU ?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Musa never play ball this season and you guys want him in our Worls Cup squad????? Kai, I have heard it all!

He will have the opportunity to find a better situation at club level in January. If he does that, he will remain in the national team picture. If he doesn't, he will be jeopardizing his Super Eagles place. The situation is fluid. He may yet make the World Cup squad. Just as he may yet be dropped.

There are players on the team who barring injury have already booked their ticket to Russia. Musa is not one of them.
Rohr should have waited until he got a club and started playing before inviting him to camp!

That's the normal standard, but coaches will sometimes make one or two exceptions. If Musa was not pulling his weight in training or when he got on the pitch, I would understand your little tirade. But that isn't the case.

Furthermore, I don't believe that Musa will be able to hold on to his spot on the team ahead of the World Cup if he doesn't find playing time in the January transfer window, because the competition for spots is too fierce. Not only Onyekuru (who will continue to improve) that he has to fend off but Isaac Success and Bazee as well.
If Rohr has been saying these are the terms under which Vince will return to camp why are the rules different for Musa? Rohr is setting a very ugly precedent which will come back to haunt us all
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

danfo driver wrote:
smartbrother wrote:Onyekuru will be up against musa for a place in the squad
To be brutally honest I don't see any evidence he is better than musa
If musa were playing in belgium who knows how many goals he would have scored by now
Let rohr do his job

I can't remember Musa's stats off the top of my head, but he was a holy terror for teams in Holland. All the same Onyekuru at the same stage of their careers is a better prospect. His close control, intelligence and technical ability are above anything that Musa had at the time.

:clap: :clap:

Thanks for raising this issue! How many league goals did Musa score in Holland and in Russia, per season?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Musa never play ball this season and you guys want him in our Worls Cup squad????? Kai, I have heard it all!

He will have the opportunity to find a better situation at club level in January. If he does that, he will remain in the national team picture. If he doesn't, he will be jeopardizing his Super Eagles place. The situation is fluid. He may yet make the World Cup squad. Just as he may yet be dropped.

There are players on the team who barring injury have already booked their ticket to Russia. Musa is not one of them.
Rohr should have waited until he got a club and started playing before inviting him to camp!

That's the normal standard, but coaches will sometimes make one or two exceptions. If Musa was not pulling his weight in training or when he got on the pitch, I would understand your little tirade. But that isn't the case.

Furthermore, I don't believe that Musa will be able to hold on to his spot on the team ahead of the World Cup if he doesn't find playing time in the January transfer window, because the competition for spots is too fierce. Not only Onyekuru (who will continue to improve) that he has to fend off but Isaac Success and Bazee as well.
If Rohr has been saying these are the terms under which Vince will return to camp why are the rules different for Musa? Rohr is setting a very ugly precedent which will come back to haunt us all

Vince has been out with a long term injury and must prove that he's in football shape. Furthermore he's playing the most critical position on the pitch, where one mistake as a result of not being sharp will cost your team.

The two are completely different and you know this.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
If musa were playing in belgium who knows how many goals he would have scored by now
Let rohr do his job

I can't remember Musa's stats off the top of my head, but he was a holy terror for teams in Holland. All the same Onyekuru at the same stage of their careers is a better prospect. His close control, intelligence and technical ability are above anything that Musa had at the time.

Thanks for raising this issue! How many league goals did Musa score in Holland and in Russia, per season?
LOL. you dont need to think about it off the top of your head. Its on Wikipedia.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Let rohr do his job

LOL. you dont need to think about it off the top of your head. Its on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia isn't always accurate.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Let rohr do his job

lol. this one is accurate.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Let rohr do his job

If you say so. At least I know what it doesn't say.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ahmed Musa scored eight goals in two seasons while playing for VV Venlo. During his last year during the 2011/11 season, he scored a grand total of THREE goals!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ahmed Musa scored eight goals in two seasons while playing for VV Venlo. During his last year during the 2011/11 season, he scored a grand total of THREE goals!

You can read Wikipedia. Clap for yourself.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Let rohr do his job

If you say so. At least I know what it doesn't say.
Lol when you are ready to share that with us, please, do so.

My response to dumbfookbrother, is that he thinks Musa will be highest goals scorer in belgium like Onyekuru was last season, and is about to be this season. Musa, has played in holland, Russia and England and he has never even been close to being highest goalscorer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Danfo Driver,

Didn't think it would be anything near the 24 goals Onyekuru scored (that's what I meant by saying that I know what it doesn't say). In terms of sheer talent Onyekuru has it in spades.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Without doubt, Onyekuru is talented but he does not fit the system coach Rohr is setting up.
For starters, Onyekuru lingers too long on the ball. People should compare Onyekuru game with Iwobi's
in terms of positioning, ball release, and passing. Time will tell if Onyekuru can adjust to Rohr's needs.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

joao wrote:Without doubt, Onyekuru is talented but he does not fit the system coach Rohr is setting up.
For starters, Onyekuru lingers too long on the ball. People should compare Onyekuru game with Iwobi's
in terms of positioning, ball release, and passing. Time will tell if Onyekuru can adjust to Rohr's needs.

Moses Simon lingers on the ball and is one of Rohr's important players, so that's not it. Rohr is a process oriented coach. Nigerians want everything to happen all at once but it is a process. Onyekuru, if he continues to do his thing at his clubside, will have every chance to be on the World Cup squad.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

danfo driver wrote: My response to dumbfookbrother, is that he thinks Musa will be highest goals scorer in belgium like Onyekuru was last season, and is about to be this season.
Musa, has played in holland, Russia and England and he has never even been close to being highest goalscorer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is what happens when crack cocaine flows into the amniotic sac
England, Russia, Holland.
Which of those countries sounds like Belgium?
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Simple i don't think Rohr plans to take him to the world cup.

Too much competition

Moses
Simon
Musa
Bazee*

Onyekuru was on standby before the injuries..figure.

Anything can change between now and the world cup.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
danfo driver wrote: My response to dumbfookbrother, is that he thinks Musa will be highest goals scorer in belgium like Onyekuru was last season, and is about to be this season.
Musa, has played in holland, Russia and England and he has never even been close to being highest goalscorer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmaoooo @ this dumbfookbrother! You think you are smart, but you are resoundingly dumb! Musa has played in 3 leagues and has never been a top goal scorer! And you think he will just show up to Belgium and start becoming top scorer! The same league the dumb Moses Simon plays abi? Has that one been top scorer too? :rotf:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

danfo driver wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Lmaoooo @ this dumbfookbrother! You think you are smart, but you are resoundingly dumb! Musa has played in 3 leagues and has never been a top goal scorer! And you think he will just show up to Belgium and start becoming top scorer! The same league the dumb Moses Simon plays abi? Has that one been top scorer too? :rotf:
lol are you some sort of decapitation survivor
you sound like part of your brain is missing
Let me spell it out for you
BELGIUM is not ENGLAND
BELGIUM is not RUSSIA
BELGIUM is not <insert name of country not spelt 'BELGIUM'>

all jokes aside, i can tell from your uncontrollable tendency to lash out, that you had an abusive upbringing
i really hope you seek the help you need
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Our squad:

Targetman
Odion Ighalo
Olanrewaju Kayode/Victor Osimhen/Taiwo Awoniyi

Wide forwards
Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho
Anthony Nwakaeme/Dessers/Bonaventure/Bezee/Any bright spark that emerges

Playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Nwakali

Central midfielders
Mikel Obi
Ogenyi Onazi
Wilfred Ndidi
Oghene Etebo/Joel Obi/Jon Ogu/Mikel Agu

Centrebacks
William Ekong
Leon Balogun
Chidozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

Fullbacks
Tyronne Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi
Ola Aina
Brian Idowu

Goalkeepers
Francis Uzoho
Dele Alampasu/Dele Ajiboye
Dele Aiyenugba

There is no room for junk players in our squad this time around. It is unfortunate that some of you are being sentimental about this matter rather than putting the national interest first.