Is Elderson Echiéjilé At Risk Of Losing Super Eagles Spot?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
Is Elderson Echiéjilé At Risk Of Losing Super Eagles Spot?

Post by Pavarotti »

Is Elderson Echiéjilé At Risk Of Losing His Super Eagles Spot?

He has been an ever regular, available when called and proving adequate in the absence of anything better

All that seems about to change

At 29 Elderson Echiéjilé can be considered a veteran of the National team and with his 57 caps he is one of the most experienced players in the squad after Mikel

The silvaspor left back has served his country well, a part of the Nigerian side that . . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/elderson- ... gles-spot/
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Elderson Echiéjilé At Risk Of Losing Super Eagles Spo

Post by Lolly »

I still believe he gets a lot of unfair criticism from our armchair analysts. The guy still deserves a place in the WC squad ahead of Aina and Idowu. He is still a good player with bags of experience.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ehiejile paid his dues and needs be respected. Fact that he is slowing down does not mean he is done.
His experience alone is a plus even if there are younger 'bucks' hoping to replace him.
We need to show respect to someone who held the forth for many years.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He did his best but at this moment in time what do you want from him?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

We are paying someone to make decisions like this - I'm sure he will make his call at the appropriate time.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joao wrote:Ehiejile paid his dues and needs be respected. Fact that he is slowing down does not mean he is done.
His experience alone is a plus even if there are younger 'bucks' hoping to replace him.

I agree with you. Oboabona, Omeruo, Mba, Uzoenyi, Agbim, Ambrose all paid their dues. And the fact that they have slowed down does not mean they are done. Their experience alone is a plus even if there are younger 'bucks: hoping to replace them.

We need to show respect to people who held the forth for many years.

P.s-- dont you ever in your life use the word -- buck -- to refer to a black man again. Its deeply racist! That is what the slave owners called black men at the auction. :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote:I still believe he gets a lot of unfair criticism from our armchair analysts. The guy still deserves a place in the WC squad ahead of Aina and Idowu. He is still a good player with bags of experience.

I agree. I am not so sure why peeps hate Echiejile so much. He's never been outstanding in my book, but he puts up good, competent performance more often than not.

Of the 2 replacements, Idowu strikes me as the better option....and though I don't mind taking him to the big dance, I don't understand what is driving this Echijile is out movement. I doubt Rohr would be that naive.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Thank you very much for your service to the fatherland Echiejile. You served the nation with honour and dignity for about 10 years.

However, nobody is an everlasting star. Just as the likes of Sam Ojebode, Okey Isima, Yisa Shofuwe, Bright Omokaro, Nduka Ugbade, Benedict Iroha, Celestine Babayaro, Ifeanyi Udeze and Taiye Taiwo’s eras cane to an end, so too has yours. Once more, thank you for your selfless, patriotic and honourable service to Nigeria.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Lolly wrote:I still believe he gets a lot of unfair criticism from our armchair analysts. The guy still deserves a place in the WC squad ahead of Aina and Idowu. He is still a good player with bags of experience.

Spoken like a true B uhari sycophant. No wonder Nigeria is heading to the abyss.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote:

Spoken like a true B uhari sycophant. No wonder Nigeria is heading to the abyss.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Should he be our first choice left back at the world cup? Definitely NOT!! Should he be in the squad of 23? Definitely. His experience is needed as a squad member but not as a starter. He is also a good back up to have at a world cup due to his experience and being the only natural left back we have at the moment but I don't think he should be a starter anymore.
yes o
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

papilo wrote:Should he be our first choice left back at the world cup? Definitely NOT!! Should he be in the squad of 23? Definitely. His experience is needed as a squad member but not as a starter. He is also a good back up to have at a world cup due to his experience and being the only natural left back we have at the moment but I don't think he should be a starter anymore.

He should not be on the 23 man list. Who is he going to displace on merit? It's like some people just want Nigeria to go on another jamboree in Russia.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I fear for him because if Aina and Idowu continue to play well, making the World Cup squad will not be easy. Experience or not, TBH.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:I fear for him because if Aina and Idowu continue to play well, making the World Cup squad will not be easy. Experience or not, TBH.
Does the fact that Rohr had to get two leftbacks to switch their nationality so they could be available to Nigeria not tell you everything? If Echiejile was good enough for the squad, Rohr would not have had to take such drastic action.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The best at each position gets the nod irrespective of past performances. If he feels he should be there , then his level of play should Mirror that. No sentiments.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Would Elderson have made that overlapping run Idowu made before scoring against Argentina? Anyway the decision is Rohr's to make
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ogasir wrote:Would Elderson have made that overlapping run Idowu made before scoring against Argentina? Anyway the decision is Rohr's to make
Imagine the akamu wey Pavon for take Echiejile drink for that right flank. Did you not see how Aina tracked him. It was the one time that he got away from Aina that they scored the second goal.

In the second half, Idowu had him pinned back in his half so he could not get out at all. Only irrational people do not want to face these blatant facts!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...23 man squad means 2 per position with 3 goalies.
If the current 2 left backs falters he will be called in.
Their season is still far out, they will play tough to earn their pay at club, and even tougher to earn a place to play for country, the world cup starts in earnest.
The coach will be watching.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

If echejile could cross with his left he would be in with a shout
Aina does not have a left foot and idowu -as far as I'm aware -is also right footed
But echejile cannot cross a ball to save his life
Amuzie on the other hand can leapfrog all the left back candidates into the first team
If he's given a fair shot
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mcal wrote:...23 man squad means 2 per position with 3 goalies.
If the current 2 left backs falters he will be called in.
Their season is still far out, they will play tough to earn their pay at club, and even tougher to earn a place to play for country, the world cup starts in earnest.
The coach will be watching.
How does the coach observe Echiejile at his club when he rarely sees action there?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

danfo driver wrote:
joao wrote:Ehiejile paid his dues and needs be respected. Fact that he is slowing down does not mean he is done.

I agree with you. Oboabona, Omeruo, Mba, Uzoenyi, Agbim, Ambrose all paid their dues. And the fact that they have slowed down does not mean they are done. Their experience alone is a plus even if there are younger 'bucks: hoping to replace them.

We need to show respect to people who held the forth for many years.

P.s-- dont you ever in your life use the word -- buck -- to refer to a black man again. Its deeply racist! That is what the slave owners called black men at the auction. :roll:
Typical Bobrisky :bump: :bump:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He is the man in possession of the LB spot. The others like Aina and Idowu are auditioning as his back-up, not his replacement.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:The best at each position gets the nod irrespective of past performances. If he feels he should be there , then his level of play should Mirror that. No sentiments.
Why??? We are not interested in the best, my friend! Experience counts! :clap: :clap: