Is Elderson Echiéjilé At Risk Of Losing Super Eagles Spot?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Is Elderson Echiéjilé At Risk Of Losing Super Eagles Spo

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:It will be bad of Nigeria to drop Elderson!! Yes give him someone to challenge him but to drop him!! That is plain wrong...
I really appreciate your humanity. Nice sentiments expressed but we cannot afford to be sentimental when we could end up facing the ruthless Manschafft!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:It will be bad of Nigeria to drop Elderson!! Yes give him someone to challenge him but to drop him!! That is plain wrong...
I really appreciate your humanity. Nice sentiments expressed but we cannot afford to be sentimental when we could end up facing the ruthless Manschafft!
At the end of the day, it is the little things that keep us civilised. Let Elderson compete with these new guys fairly.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
At the end of the day, it is the little things that keep us civilised. Let Elderson compete with these new guys fairly.

He has competed and been found not up to the task. He has served Nigeria well but please, his time has come and gone. Echiejile simply does not have the legs to play top flight football anymore. Can we thank him and move on please.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He has competed and been found not up to the task. He has served Nigeria well but please, his time has come and gone. Echiejile simply does not have the legs to play top flight football anymore. Can we thank him and move on please.
Not up to the task? Winner of 2013 ANC with Nigeria. Let them compete with him in camp and if they are better, then Rohr's choice. However to drop him without that challenge... plain wrong!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Not up to the task? Winner of 2013 ANC with Nigeria. Let them compete with him in camp and if they are better, then Rohr's choice. However to drop him without that challenge... plain wrong!
May the good Lord give me patience. Who picks a team in 2018 based ion what a player did in 2013 for heavens sake???????????????????????????

According to the logic of your argument, Sunday Mba should also be in the squad. He was a hero in 2013!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

He is just like Efe Ambrose...........Nothing more to add.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

May the good Lord give me patience. Who picks a team in 2018 based ion what a player did in 2013 for heavens sake???????????????????????????

According to the logic of your argument, Sunday Mba should also be in the squad. He was a hero in 2013!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

wale1974 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Sunday Mba didnt play in the WCQ, Elderson did! May the good Lord grant you wisdom. My logic is simple, let them compete in camp!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Sunday Mba didnt play in the WCQ, Elderson did! May the good Lord grant you wisdom. My logic is simple, let them compete in camp!
Echiejile did not go to the World Cup. He was injured and Juwon Oshaniwa played as our left back. Now what has playing in qualifiers got to do with going to the World Cup?

You have moved the goalposts again from the 2013 Nations Cup to the qualifiers. Are you saying anyone who played in the qualifiers should automatically go to Russia?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Echiejile did not go to the World Cup. He was injured and Juwon Oshaniwa played as our left back. Now what has playing in qualifiers got to do with going to the World Cup?

You have moved the goalposts again from the 2013 Nations Cup to the qualifiers. Are you saying anyone who played in the qualifiers should automatically go to Russia?
WCQ - World Cup Qualifiers. I have not moved the goal posts. I am saying anyone who has played in the qualifiers has earned the right to at least fight for a place in Russia. If they were good enough to get Nigeria the qualifying ticket, then they should be given a chance at the Mundial!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

WCQ - World Cup Qualifiers. I have not moved the goal posts. I am saying anyone who has played in the qualifiers has earned the right to at least fight for a place in Russia. If they were good enough to get Nigeria the qualifying ticket, then they should be given a chance at the Mundial!!
That is just sentimentality. When a player is used in the qualifiers and shown not to be up to the task, the right thing to do is drop them and look for better replacements.

Westerhoff did this in 1994 and I can see Rohr doing it again in 2018. This is what differentiates is from the countries who are serious about winning the World Cup. They do not let sentiments cloud their judgement.

I remember Argentina dropping Xavier Zanetti from their World Cup squad despite him captaining them in all their qualifiers because he had lost form by the time the tournament started. Sadly, some of you are incapable of exercising such unbiased judgement
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

That is just sentimentality. When a player is used in the qualifiers and shown not to be up to the task, the right thing to do is drop them and look for better replacements.

Westerhoff did this in 1994 and I can see Rohr doing it again in 2018. This is what differentiates is from the countries who are serious about winning the World Cup. They do not let sentiments cloud their judgement.

I remember Argentina dropping Xavier Zanetti from their World Cup squad despite him captaining them in all their qualifiers because he had lost form by the time the tournament started. Sadly, some of you are incapable of exercising such unbiased judgement
I believe Rohr like Westerhof has the right to pick his squad. You talk of sentiments. What part of competing in camp is sentimental? You talk of unbiased judgement? On what basis do you judge the international performance of newbies without seeing them perform?

No modern side that has won the World Cup did it by cleaning house in 8-9 months before the World Cup started. What you suggest is what YOU ALWAYS suggest before the mundial and some idiots listened. We had the likes of Uchebo, Babatunde and other frauds forced on the Eagles in the name of new blood.

Rohr will pick his team and I am very sure that you will see a fair and open competition unless some Nigerians who have no clue of what it truly takes to win a World Cup try to influence the selection. There will be some new joiners and new players but the spine being changed... NO!

Take it from me - Baring injury or jail or some other thing physically inhibiting Uwa from going to the Mundial, HE WILL BE THERE!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No need to argue with you. As far as you are concerned, Uwua Echiejile must play, even of we have five better left fullbacks available.
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Echiejile is nigeria’s First choice LB - so far he has helped us qualify for 3 WCs without playing in any yet. Players that weren’t involved in qualifiers should not gatecrash those that played regularly. Why do we require commitment from players but show them none?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

lekanlij wrote:Echiejile is nigeria’s First choice LB - so far he has helped us qualify for 3 WCs without playing in any yet. Players that weren’t involved in qualifiers should not gatecrash those that played regularly. Why do we require commitment from players but show them none?
That kind of sentimentality will get us nowhere as a nation. By the way, Echiejile did play in 2010.

He is way past it now. There is no way Echiejile can keep up with a quick winger like De Maria. If he plays against one we will concede a bucketful if goals as his flank will leak all game. You cannot have it both ways - be sentimental and expect to win!