Barcelona targets Nigerian star Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Barcelona targets Nigerian star Henry Onyekuru

Post by joao »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Na wa for this forum ooooooo.
How many Champions League goals did the likes of Okocha, Kanu, Aghahowa, Moses, Emenike, etc score?
If this is the core of your argument, then you have lost it.
Again, Onyekuru has talent and promise, but the coach knows what he has and
what he wants. You should let Rohr live and die by his decisions. It seems like yesterday
when you were suggesting some coaches for the SE who currently are unemployed. Please
get out of the kitchen, and let the cooks do their jobs.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not sure if he is good enough for Barcelona, but he is a very talented player. Moses should start on the left, so I think it's a battle between him and Iwobi for the right wing spot. Simon will drop to the bench eventually.

Personally, I would love to see Onyekeru and Moses on the wings, while Iwobi plays as the AM. Would prefer to move Mikel to the CM/DM role with Onazi or Ndidi taking the second DM/CM spot.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:Not sure if he is good enough for Barcelona, but he is a very talented player. Moses should start on the left, so I think it's a battle between him and Iwobi for the right wing spot. Simon will drop to the bench eventually.

Personally, I would love to see Onyekeru and Moses on the wings, while Iwobi plays as the AM. Would prefer to move Mikel to the CM/DM role with Onazi or Ndidi taking the second DM/CM spot.
Na Iheanacho and some other bright spark like Bezee, Nwakaeme, Dessers, etc go dey bench. Simon Moses will be watching the tournament from home!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:Not sure if he is good enough for Barcelona, but he is a very talented player. Moses should start on the left, so I think it's a battle between him and Iwobi for the right wing spot. Simon will drop to the bench eventually.

Na Iheanacho and some other bright spark like Bezee, Nwakaeme, Dessers, etc go dey bench. Simon Moses will be watching the tournament from home!
Because Ayo Akinfe. Is picking the team!!!

Not too long ago this same Akinfe was clamouring for Ayodele. Stephen Makinwa nobody could rest 10 pointer after pointer then it was Seyi Olofinjana the next Viera was the claim both players turned out to be complete and utter rubbish. Then it was Ogbeche and Justice Christopher, then it was the turn of Lukeman Haurna. From the. Last world. Cup. It was Reueben, Nwofor, Babatunde, Sola, Uchebo, Agim. Etc attempts were Even made to smuggle a Leyton Orient player into our. Eagles So everyone should take comments from Ayo with a pinch of salt.

The dislike for certain Nigerian super eagles players has nothing to do with their footballing ability and more to with something else ...... No sane person would advocate for a players that hasnt been capped hasn't played international football at any level and isn't a regular with his club.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

I believe Rorh is reserving that winger position for Bazzee. Not happy about it, but if you listen to Rorh interviews, all the guys he helped talk into representing Nigeria like Aina, Idowu seem to be on the plane to Russia. We have Simon Moses, Moses, Iwobi and Musa as our wingers. I think we might only be able to accommodate one more, and something is telling me that slot is reserved for Bazzee if he's fit...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Ayo Akinfe's love for Henry Onyekuru is about to surpass his love for Juwon Oshaniwa who never made the ranks or hit the big time. Onyekuru has proved to be big fish, little pond so far and he does not strike me as one that wants to improve.
could you explain this?
Yes sir, here goes. Henry Onyekuru dazzled in the Belgian league last season and was outstanding which prompted interests from Arsenal and Everton. So, we expected him to hit higher levels but so far this season, he has not even attained the level he attained last season. He has failed woefully to seize his Champs League opportunity and his displays have been sub par. Couldn't even score against lowly Glasgow Celtic!

At NT level, he has not been able to convince Rohr to give him a long run apart from his fleeting opportunities which were instantly forgetable. We saw how the likes of Amokachi and Babayaro dazzled in the Belgian league and Cele stamped his authority in Chelsea and later Newcastle. Amo struggled under Joe Royle at Everton but went to Turkey where they still talk about him till today.

I beg, all we are asking is for Henry Onyekuru to match the hype of his worshippers. We have not seen anything so far, other than goals in Belgium. Comparisons with the likes of Musa is just plain ridiculous. Musa's assists from the sub bench have been incredible.
Could you provide this incredible number, please.
Top of my head, bro; under pressure from the algerians in Uyo, it was Musa's breakaway and cross for Moses to score that crushed their spirit. He did the same by passing to Iwobi to disgrace Macherano and score our 4th. Pls don't forget his brace against Argentina in Brazil 2014.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Because Ayo Akinfe. Is picking the team!!!

Not too long ago this same Akinfe was clamouring for Ayodele. Stephen Makinwa nobody could rest 10 pointer after pointer then it was Seyi Olofinjana the next Viera was the claim both players turned out to be complete and utter rubbish. Then it was Ogbeche and Justice Christopher, then it was the turn of Lukeman Haurna. From the. Last world. Cup. It was Reueben, Nwofor, Babatunde, Sola, Uchebo, Agim. Etc attempts were Even made to smuggle a Leyton Orient player into our. Eagles So everyone should take comments from Ayo with a pinch of salt.

The dislike for certain Nigerian super eagles players has nothing to do with their footballing ability and more to with something else ...... No sane person would advocate for a players that hasnt been capped hasn't played international football at any level and isn't a regular with his club.
Bro,

You missed Juwon Oshaniwa. He was never off Ayo's greatest XI even though the best Oshaniwa achieved was the bench at Hearts of Midlothian in cold Scotland.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

The Nigeria national team over the last 20 years must be one of the few, that chop and change players at a ridiculous rate-I wonder how many players have been capped over the last 10 years? This alone should tell you that when it comes to the SE, very few players are "indispensable". Basically, if Onyekuru impresses he will make the team.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Ayo Akinfe's love for Henry Onyekuru is about to surpass his love for Juwon Oshaniwa who never made the ranks or hit the big time. Onyekuru has proved to be big fish, little pond so far and he does not strike me as one that wants to improve.
could you explain this?
Yes sir, here goes. Henry Onyekuru dazzled in the Belgian league last season and was outstanding which prompted interests from Arsenal and Everton. So, we expected him to hit higher levels but so far this season, he has not even attained the level he attained last season. He has failed woefully to seize his Champs League opportunity and his displays have been sub par. Couldn't even score against lowly Glasgow Celtic!

At NT level, he has not been able to convince Rohr to give him a long run apart from his fleeting opportunities which were instantly forgetable. We saw how the likes of Amokachi and Babayaro dazzled in the Belgian league and Cele stamped his authority in Chelsea and later Newcastle. Amo struggled under Joe Royle at Everton but went to Turkey where they still talk about him till today.

I beg, all we are asking is for Henry Onyekuru to match the hype of his worshippers. We have not seen anything so far, other than goals in Belgium. Comparisons with the likes of Musa is just plain ridiculous. Musa's assists from the sub bench have been incredible.
Could you provide this incredible number, please.
Top of my head, bro; under pressure from the algerians in Uyo, it was Musa's breakaway and cross for Moses to score that crushed their spirit. He did the same by passing to Iwobi to disgrace Macherano and score our 4th. Pls don't forget his brace against Argentina in Brazil 2014.
So, that is 2 assists! Please, can you tell us the world in which the number 2 has ever been described as incredible?

1. My wife has 2 shoes in her closet! That is incredible!

2. I have 2 pounds in my wallet! Incredible!

3. I ate an incredible 2 ounces of chicken!

4. he was the highest goals scorer in the league, with 2 goals! Incredible!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Zelex wrote:The Nigeria national team over the last 20 years must be one of the few, that chop and change players at a ridiculous rate-I wonder how many players have been capped over the last 10 years? This alone should tell you that when it comes to the SE, very few players are "indispensable". Basically, if Onyekuru impresses he will make the team.
I do not see how Rohr can drop him. I would to see how Bezee features in a green-white-green short too
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Well, shine your eyes well well because he will likely be dropped, if he doesn't start kicking arse in the National team real soon.
You really need to start wrapping your head around the fact that he is likely at the very bottom of the totem pole for wide forwards, behind Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Moses Simon and Ahmed Musa.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Zelex wrote:The Nigeria national team over the last 20 years must be one of the few, that chop and change players at a ridiculous rate-I wonder how many players have been capped over the last 10 years? This alone should tell you that when it comes to the SE, very few players are "indispensable". Basically, if Onyekuru impresses he will make the team.

I do not see how Rohr can drop him
. I would to see how Bezee features in a green-white-green short too