Barcelona targets Nigerian star Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Barcelona targets Nigerian star Henry Onyekuru

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:My squad:

*****************************Ighalo******************************

***************Onyekuru****************Moses********************

******************************Nwakali****************************

******************Mikel*******************Ndidi*******************

***Idowu************Balogun************Ekong************Ebuehi***

********************************Uzoho****************************

Aiyenugba
Alampasu/Ajiboye
Abdullahi
Aina
Awaziem
Omeruo
Onazi
Joel/Etebo
Iwobi
Kayode/Awoniyi/Osinhem
Iheanacho
Nwakaeme/Bazee/Dessers
1. Ighalo would not make my 23. But he should competer with Onuachi, Awoniyi, Nwakaeme, Sadiq (if he plays regualrly) for that one power striker position.
2. Kayode, Dessers should compete for the other striker spot (they bring somethign different from the other power strikers)
3. Ill start Aiyenugba ahead of Uzoho
4. The competition is between Joel and Nwakali for the one midfield spot.
5.Please let Nwakali start playing regular dutch footie like Ebuehi and Ahmed Musa before him in Venlo.
Fair enough. Even though we have different opinions, I believe your observations are reasonable.

Who would you start as your targetman? Also, if you drop Nwakali, who playmakes?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Fantasy football at its best .... You will drop Ighalo, yet take Dessers who has never played in the team or played in Africa. No ANC experience, NO WCQ experience and with 7 months to go he is in your world cup squad at the expense of Ighalo.. 3 rookie goal keepers ?? Chai! I have seen it all..
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote:Fantasy football at its best .... You will drop Ighalo, yet take Dessers who has never played in the team or played in Africa. No ANC experience, NO WCQ experience and with 7 months to go he is in your world cup squad at the expense of Ighalo.. 3 rookie goal keepers ?? Chai! I have seen it all..
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
U never start...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Fantasy football at its best .... You will drop Ighalo, yet take Dessers who has never played in the team or played in Africa. No ANC experience, NO WCQ experience and with 7 months to go he is in your world cup squad at the expense of Ighalo.. 3 rookie goal keepers ?? Chai! I have seen it all..

He said he will pick Dele Aiyenugba as his goalkeeper. He is not a rookie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
U never start...
We are game 1 into a 6 month WC preparation period and folks are already prescribing who and who should be on the plane to Russia.... I'm sure CE must be providing a bit of comical relief for Rohr each evening he retires from watching and reading his weekly player monitoring reports.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I am so happy that a foreign coach is in charge so that none of these crazy suggestions/ideas will happen .Lot of grown up people are going to throw their toys out of the pram when the final list emerges. That day is going to be funny.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ighalo is 0.26 for Nigeria, hardly untouchable.

His record for Nigeria is very average. Well as far as his primary job goes. Perhap, there is some leniency for holding the ball up?

I'm fine with Ighalo going to the WC, but he is hardly a proven striker for the SE.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru is to Nigeria what Anthony Martial is to France and Marcus Rushford is to England. Just like Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen who burst ion to the scene in major tournaments, I can see all three of them being the main men for their teams come the World Cup.

Barcelona join the race for Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru as they send scouts to watch him - See more at: https://goo.gl/SRwcgi

All these clubs are not stupid to be sending scouts to watch him. Ask yourselves why they are not watching Musa, Simon, Echiejile, Ezenwa or Akpeyi.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, "Echiejile, Ezenwa and Akpeyi" don sofa!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ekong and Balogun will always struggle against teams that have pace
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

So Ayo - 'the magnificent' :dream: wants Onyekuru to go from playing every week to Barcelona
where he will be riding the bench, at best? Now I know you don't have the guy's interest.
Ayo seems to have forgotten what happened to Iheanacho at MCity. Please let the player
stay where he is at until he can move to a team where he can play every week.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:Ayo Akinfe's love for Henry Onyekuru is about to surpass his love for Juwon Oshaniwa who never made the ranks or hit the big time. Onyekuru has proved to be big fish, little pond so far and he does not strike me as one that wants to improve.
could you explain this?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

'They' have come again... :sneaky:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Ayo Akinfe's love for Henry Onyekuru is about to surpass his love for Juwon Oshaniwa who never made the ranks or hit the big time. Onyekuru has proved to be big fish, little pond so far and he does not strike me as one that wants to improve.
could you explain this?
Yes sir, here goes. Henry Onyekuru dazzled in the Belgian league last season and was outstanding which prompted interests from Arsenal and Everton. So, we expected him to hit higher levels but so far this season, he has not even attained the level he attained last season. He has failed woefully to seize his Champs League opportunity and his displays have been sub par. Couldn't even score against lowly Glasgow Celtic!

At NT level, he has not been able to convince Rohr to give him a long run apart from his fleeting opportunities which were instantly forgetable. We saw how the likes of Amokachi and Babayaro dazzled in the Belgian league and Cele stamped his authority in Chelsea and later Newcastle. Amo struggled under Joe Royle at Everton but went to Turkey where they still talk about him till today.

I beg, all we are asking is for Henry Onyekuru to match the hype of his worshippers. We have not seen anything so far, other than goals in Belgium. Comparisons with the likes of Musa is just plain ridiculous. Musa's assists from the sub bench have been incredible.
Last edited by Goldleaf on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
could you explain this?
What kind of explanation do you need? Doesn't Onyekuru's trajectory from academy in Senegal to lowly Eupen to Everton (loan to Anderlecht) and Champions League footy in 3 seasons duly indicate laziness?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
could you explain this?
What kind of explanation do you need? Doesn't Onyekuru trajectory from academy in Senegal to Eupen to Everton (on loan to Anderlecht) and Champions League football in 3 seasons duly indicate laziness?!
That Everton will rather stick to the luckless, ineffective Dominic Clavert-Lewin than call on a player that has filled his boots scoring against the Lokerens and Mouscrons, there must be something in that. A hat-trick against Glasgow Celtic could at least have raised eyebrows at Goodison.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Goldleaf wrote: That Everton will rather stick to the luckless, ineffective Dominic Clavert-Lewin than call on a player that has filled his boots scoring against the Lokerens and Mouscrons, there must be something in that. A hat-trick against Glasgow Celtic could at least have raised eyebrows at Goodison.
Exactly Bros! Considering getting a work permit for Clavert-Lewin must've been massive struggle... :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the hype on this Onyekuru , get no equal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
could you explain this?
What kind of explanation do you need? Doesn't Onyekuru's trajectory from academy in Senegal to lowly Eupen to Everton (loan to Anderlecht) and Champions League footy in 3 seasons duly indicate laziness?!
Hmm. my brother, you make a very strong argument there. :sneaky:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Goldleaf wrote: That Everton will rather stick to the luckless, ineffective Dominic Clavert-Lewin than call on a player that has filled his boots scoring against the Lokerens and Mouscrons, there must be something in that. A hat-trick against Glasgow Celtic could at least have raised eyebrows at Goodison.
Exactly Bros! Considering getting a work permit for Clavert-Lewin must've been massive struggle... :D
I heard they had to bribe the Queen to secure the work permit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
could you explain this?
Yes sir, here goes. Henry Onyekuru dazzled in the Belgian league last season and was outstanding which prompted interests from Arsenal and Everton. So, we expected him to hit higher levels but so far this season, he has not even attained the level he attained last season. He has failed woefully to seize his Champs League opportunity and his displays have been sub par. Couldn't even score against lowly Glasgow Celtic!

At NT level, he has not been able to convince Rohr to give him a long run apart from his fleeting opportunities which were instantly forgetable. We saw how the likes of Amokachi and Babayaro dazzled in the Belgian league and Cele stamped his authority in Chelsea and later Newcastle. Amo struggled under Joe Royle at Everton but went to Turkey where they still talk about him till today.

I beg, all we are asking is for Henry Onyekuru to match the hype of his worshippers. We have not seen anything so far, other than goals in Belgium. Comparisons with the likes of Musa is just plain ridiculous. Musa's assists from the sub bench have been incredible.
Could you provide this incredible number, please.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

[/video]
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
could you explain this?
Na wa for this forum ooooooo. How many Champions League goals did the likes of Okocha, Kanu, Aghahowa, Moses, Emenike, etc score?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

And that would disrupt the team and pop it’s already lost but then I woke up!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI