10 Things Gernot Rohr Must Do

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pens
Egg
Egg
10 Things Gernot Rohr Must Do

Post by pens »

10 Things Gernot Rohr Must Do To Make The Super Eagles Genuine World Cup Contenders
November 20, 201706

As Nigeria continue their build up to the World Cup 2018 in Russia, Ayo Akinfe wrote the ten things he expects the Franco-German coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr to do in order for the team to have a good outing at the World Cup.

1] He needs to stop playing games in the goalkeeping department. It is clear that Francis Uzoho is several classes above all the other keepers we have at the moment. Rohr has to now focus on the young man and get him more exposure in the run-up to Russia 2018. If need be, he should be encouraged to leave Deportivo La Coruna in January to get more playing time of the club cannot guarantee him regular football.

I would suggest that the likes of Dele Aiyenugba, Dele Ajiboye and Dele Alampasu be invited as back-ups. Aiyenugba plays week-in-week-out in the Israeli league and offers experience should we have to resort to a number two

[2] Our recent friendly against Argentina revealed that we struggle for pace in the heart of our defence as epitomised by the Argentine’s second goal. In my opinion, Rohr needs to intensify his bid to lure the likes of Kelvin Akpoguma and Felix Uduokhai to feature for the Eagles as their services may still be needed

[3] Still on the subject of the central defence, it is clear we struggle to play the ball out of defence as neither Sam Awaziem, Leon Balogun or William Ekong appeared comfortable with that role. This is an area that needs a lot of attention

[4] One of the most positive things to come out of the Argentina game was that for the first time in a long while, we saw fullbacks prepared to gallop up and down the flanks in the form of Tyronne Ebuehi and Brian Idowu. Playing the role of wingbacks, they both performed their roles brilliantly.

However, one feature that needs to be added to their game is crossing. It is pointless having width if you cannot exploit it by whipping balls into the opposing penalty area. A lot of emphasis needs to be placed on delivering Findi-type crosses from wide areas

[5] In front of the defence, it was heart-warming to see Mikel provide security in midfield. His calming influence was very heart-warming to see and the stability he offered was immeasurable. It would be suicidal to play Mikel further forward as apart from the fact that we would lose the defensive shield he provides, at 30, he no longer has the lungs and legs to play the playmaking role effectively.

Consequently, Gernot Rohr needs to make the search for a playmaker one of his major assignments between now and the next set of friendlies in March. Personally, I would recommend VV Venlo’s Kelechi Nwakali for the job

[6] Offensively, to win the World Cup, you need a variety of attacking options including width, strength in the air, being good at set pieces, a good targetman who can hold the ball up when the team is under pressure, effective one-twos on the edge of the opposing penalty area and that our traditional trait of pace on the counter-attack.

Here Rohr needs all these options in place and performing effectively. One feature Nwakali brings to the team is his ability at set pieces, while the likes of Victor Moses and Henry Onyekuru offer pace. We need all of them playing together to their full capacity

[7] Upfront, Odion Ighalo appears to be the only targetman Gernot Rohr really has faith in at the moment but he needs to find an effective back-up. The likes of Victor Osimhen, Taiwo Awoniyi and Olanrewaju Kayode need to be effective run in the team to find out who is best suited to the role.

DONT MISS ==> Pedro - My Friends At Barcelona Asked Me About Victor Moses
Rohr should end this experimentation playing the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi in such riles. It is clear they lack the physicality for the job

[8] They say the best form if defence is attack but in reality, the best form of defence is to deny the opposition the ball. This is where midfield comes into play. If we can keep hold of the ball and prevent the opposition getting hold of the ball, we will automatically have the advantage.

in my opinion, in Wilfred Ndidi, Mikel and Nwakali, we have a trio who can keep hold of the ball but this needs to be augmented with adequate back-up. I would suggest Rohr looks at Torino’s Joel Obi, who appears to have recovered from his recent plague of injuries. If he is healthy and fit, I think he should be considered at least as a squad player

[9] It was great to see the team adapt to the 3-5-2 formation against Argentina and cope well despite it being the first time they would play that way. Thanks to the introduction of Uzoho, Ebuehi and Idowu in the second half, our Eagles were able to stifle the Argentine attacks.

[10] In training, a lot of attention needs to be paid to set pieces, scoring headed goals and not conceding free kicks in dangerous areas. As a team, the Eagles also have to work on getting the ball from penalty box to penalty box under 60 seconds.

My hope is that the two March friendlies will be used to select the final 23 and the seven back-up players and between the end of the season in May and the start of the World Cup, the coach can work on all these technical areas.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/20/10 ... ontenders/
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 Things Gernot Rohr Must Do

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo wrote that.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

This has Ayo Akinfe written all over it.
The guy is just like a venereal disease that just refuses to go away.
Always peddling the same BS every tournament year
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo is a disease all right. Unfortunately he's antibiotic resistant. He's even insult resistant sef. mshhheeww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf: Claiming to Pens But they clocked old Ayo was behind this schit :clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I swear if Rohr visits CE and reads through 10 reasons, he will get a heart attack
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:Ayo is a disease all right. Unfortunately he's antibiotic resistant. He's even insult resistant sef. mshhheeww
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chei, Ayo na were you dey? Make you com ansa-o!
Last edited by Odas on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I wonder how much wAyo paid Owngoal to publish his nonsense
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

ogasir wrote:I wonder how much wAyo paid Owngoal to publish his nonsense

How did you know owngoal didn’t lift it from here?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf:
Some of you people on this site are very wicked.

pajimoh wrote:Ayo is a disease all right. Unfortunately he's antibiotic resistant. He's even insult resistant sef. mshhheeww
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ayo Akinfe clearly wrote that article. That's a summary of everything he's been saying about the SE on this forum for the last few months.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:Ayo Akinfe clearly wrote that article. That's a summary of everything he's been saying about the SE on this forum for the last few months.
It clearly says so in the opening paragraph...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
olu wrote:Ayo Akinfe clearly wrote that article. That's a summary of everything he's been saying about the SE on this forum for the last few months.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the fact that junk is on owngoal :lol: :lol: :lol: i no tell una say owngoal nah pure rubbish fabu site..kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The funny thing is I didn't even see him name at the beginning of the article, but could tell he write it from the content.
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/22/vv ... gular-yet/

Kelechi Nwakali is a unique talent. We do not have any other player who offers what he brings to the table:

(1) Playmaking
(2) The ability to deliver 50 yard passes
(3) The ability to play intricate one-twos on the edge of the opposing penalty areas
(4) Deadlines at set pieces
(5) The ability to switch play
(6) The ability to disguise passes
(7) Box-to-box midfield play
(8) The ability to bring team mates into play
(9) Boundless energy in midfield
(10) The ability to score goals by running from deep

Nigeria drops him at her peril!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Man must wack! Time for agents and agents wannabe to hammer at the expense of the team!

They kept their idea during the qualifiers! They only come out once they smell the DOLLARS to be made :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote:Man must wack! Time for agents and agents wannabe to hammer at the expense of the team!

They kept their idea during the qualifiers! They only come out once they smell the DOLLARS to be made :taunt: :taunt:
You know, you are allowed to have an opinion and canvass that opinion in the public space without someone making a reflexive conjecture of impropriety.

Perhaps you can share yours? That is assuming you can articulate it....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Since when did it become a crime to have an opinion?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:

I just expressed mine. Where in my post did I suggest it's a crime?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:

That's the suggestion up there...

ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/22/vv ... gular-yet/

Kelechi Nwakali is a unique talent. We do not have any other player who offers what he brings to the table:

(1) Playmaking
(2) The ability to deliver 50 yard passes
(3) The ability to play intricate one-twos on the edge of the opposing penalty areas
(4) Deadlines at set pieces
(5) The ability to switch play
(6) The ability to disguise passes
(7) Box-to-box midfield play
(8) The ability to bring team mates into play
(9) Boundless energy in midfield
(10) The ability to score goals by running from deep

Nigeria drops him at her peril!
I have a feeling u have never watched Nwakali play for his club, because Nwakali definitely does not score goals by running from the deep.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:

That's the suggestion up there...
that's your conclusion - deal with it