Look at how Mikel and Iwobi were playing with children

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Look at how Mikel and Iwobi were playing with children

Post by Synopsis »

jette1 wrote:it is safe to say Mikel is the greatest Nigerian to ever play the game
:shock:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
green4life wrote:There was a chest trap Mikel pull off while surrounded by 3 Argentines late in the second half, then dribbled 1 or 2 before being hacked down. I think around the 80+ min. Kai.
Right Here

Honestly I never knew that Mikel has such scintillating and exquisite skill . How did he suppress this kind of talent all these years . If he had displayed this kind of mesmerizing skill all these years he could have been in this same class with Messi and Ronaldo. I'm overwhelmingly flabbergasted .
His creative instincts were suppressed at Chelsea for so many years that he virtually 'forgot' how to express himself. He was mandated to 'keep it simple' and the disciplined player that he is, stuck to instructions even at the expense of relentless abuse from Chelsea and Nigeria fans.
Much respect earned for that.

Now Rohr has encouraged him to be himself and its all coming back...albeit slowly.
At first, I wasn't entirely convinced it was the right thing to do, but as his confidence has increased it is obvious he has those skills and never really lost them.

In addition, Mikel is known for his phenomenal physical strength and it has always been very hard to get the ball off him. See how he was casually holding off several Argentinian players as if they were children trying to snatch biscuit from dem Papa hand. :D
The only way you can get the ball off him is when he turns into unseen traffic - usually when he should have released the ball a little earlier. Hopefully, that will get better with time.

Mikel is our greatest asset and a worthy captain. We are blessed to have him lead a bunch of equally gifted emerging talents like Iwobi, Iheanacho, Uzoho and yes, Onyekuru.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

jette1 wrote:it is safe to say Mikel is the greatest Nigerian to ever play the game

[/video] :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am shocked many of you are just seeing these. .....Mikel played some games like that in his chelsea days..and also been playing like that for the SE....however una bad belle covered una eyes....smh ...shame on all the about face.....we all know how yall insulted him after wc2014
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

confederations cup Mikel showed he still had a special touch and I think thats why some expected more at the World Cup .. thing about Mikel is that people will see what they want to see and not necessarily what's on show most of the time. For the national team, he is the most valuable asset... his presence alone makes the others confident.. doesn't mean he doesn't have his flaws but until this team have other talis'men', then Mikel is one we can't do without. Very cerebral.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ogasir wrote:Obi Mikel will be missed when he retires. The SE will miss him more than Okocha after he retired
Log off. :glare:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Another one? :roll:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I beg add this one.

[/video]
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
green4life wrote:There was a chest trap Mikel pull off while surrounded by 3 Argentines late in the second half, then dribbled 1 or 2 before being hacked down. I think around the 80+ min. Kai.
Right Here

Honestly I never knew that Mikel has such scintillating and exquisite skill . How did he suppress this kind of talent all these years . If he had displayed this kind of mesmerizing skill all these years he could have been in this same class with Messi and Ronaldo. I'm overwhelmingly flabbergasted .
His creative instincts were suppressed at Chelsea for so many years that he virtually 'forgot' how to express himself. He was mandated to 'keep it simple' and the disciplined player that he is, stuck to instructions even at the expense of relentless abuse from Chelsea and Nigeria fans.

Now Rohr has encouraged him to be himself and its all coming back...albeit slowly.
At first, I wasn't entirely convinced it was the right thing to do, but as his confidence has increased it is obvious he has those skills and never really lost them.

In addition, Mikel is known for his phenomenal physical strength and it has always been very hard to get the ball off him. See how he was casually holding off several Argentinian players as if they were children trying to snatch biscuit from dem Papa hand. :D
The only way you can get the ball off him is when he turns into unseen traffic - usually when he should have released the ball a little earlier. Hopefully, that will get better with time.

Mikel is our greatest asset and a worthy captain. We are blessed to have him lead a bunch of equally gifted emerging talents like Iwobi, Iheanacho, Uzoho and yes, Onyekuru.
Na brah... Naijarian coaches recognized him as being a 10... Siasia, Amodu, Eguavoen, Keshi... the role he played for Chelsea just shows you about his adaptability. That is why fans of Chelsea can't begin to understand how come he plays the 10 role for Naijaria... as if we are using him wrongly.

Chelsea used him wrongly. Not us!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Some of you guys are being, quite annoyingly, disingenuous when you feint surprise at what Mikel does on the field. When has he ever not been our best player every time he puts on the green, white and green? His exceptional skills were evident at the 2013 ANC, the 2014 World Cup, the 2016 Olympic Games and just about every game we’ve played thereafter. So, what are you guys going on about :?: :!:

Cheers.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Some of you guys are being, quite annoyingly, disingenuous when you feint surprise at what Mikel does on the field. When has he ever not been our best player every time he puts on the green, white and green? His exceptional skills were evident at the 2013 ANC, the 2014 World Cup, the 2016 Olympic Games and just about every game we’ve played thereafter. So, what are you guys going on about :?: :!:

Cheers.
Certainly not 2014 WC. He was terrible at the World Cup in Brazil. Maybe partly because he was on the bench that season leading to the World Cup.
I am praying and hoping for a successful Mikel this World Cup in Russia
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Right Here

You have to be very dumb to believe crap like this. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Right Here

Na brah... Naijarian coaches recognized him as being a 10... Siasia, Amodu, Eguavoen, Keshi... the role he played for Chelsea just shows you about his adaptability. That is why fans of Chelsea can't begin to understand how come he plays the 10 role for Naijaria... as if we are using him wrongly.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Chelsea used him wrongly. Not us!
No one used him wongly. Chelsea recognized his adaptability and intelligence and used him to fill a need. Simple as that! Happens in football all the time. Same way Shehu plays RB for us and DM for his club. Ramos was playing RB for Spain and CB for Madrid, Aina LB for us and RB for Hull... Rashford can play as ST or as a LW.... or Ramsey playing CM for Arsenal and AM for Wales ..etc etc.

A versatile player is a gift to any team.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I am shocked many of you are just seeing these. .....Mikel played some games like that in his chelsea days..and also been playing like that for the SE....however una bad belle covered una eyes....smh ...shame on all the about face.....we all know how yall insulted him after wc2014
:lol: :lol: something wey Mikel don dey do since!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ray has an orgasm when Messi or CR7 scores a tap in from 2 yards and says it was a "heavenly" finish. Meanwhile when Nacho whips a FK into the top corner from 25 yards, he acts like a sombre man at a funeral.
john12 wrote:If it was an Argentine that did what Mikel did there with 3 players I’m sure ray Russian would have had orgasm
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I am shocked many of you are just seeing these. .....Mikel played some games like that in his chelsea days..and also been playing like that for the SE....however una bad belle covered una eyes....smh ...shame on all the about face.....we all know how yall insulted him after wc2014
:lol: :lol: something wey Mikel don dey do since!
oboy you dey mind them.. Mikel has been like this for years wearing green white green, but dem refuse to open eyes, even during the WCQs under the late AModu

[/video]
enjoy min 4.30
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Mikel? If only he could shoot the damn leather...or dem give me the man to train for shooting for just two hours, kai!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Jose did that to him. Turned him from playmaker into a metronomic sideways passing DM. A player's choice of club can change their career like that. Now imagine if he had stuck to his original decision to join Man Utd and had not rescinded his contract? He would have become Man Utd's playmaker and played in a multi-title winning Man Utd team alongside Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez...in a team managed by SAF. He would have had to buy a new trophy cabinet.
bully12 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Mikel is too slow. That's why Mourinho at Chelsea handed him to Makelele.

Mikel should have joined Pirlo at some point later on to learn from another master.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Synopsis wrote:
:shock:
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

wiseone wrote:Jose did that to him. Turned him from playmaker into a metronomic sideways passing DM. A player's choice of club can change their career like that. Now imagine if he had stuck to his original decision to join Man Utd and had not rescinded his contract? He would have become Man Utd's playmaker and played in a multi-title winning Man Utd team alongside Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez...in a team managed by SAF. He would have had to buy a new trophy cabinet.
bully12 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
This is a bunch of bull. Especially the part about ManU guaranteeing him success as an AM. ... Fergie's plan was for Mikel to replace Roy Keane who played ..... (one hint: Not AM) :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Can someone name me any team you g to the world cup that Mikel will not walk in and start?
I think Mikel is the few players going to world cup that will start in any team in Russsia.
Good think likes of Iwobi will also walk into almost any world cup team and start.So why will this team not think of going to win the dam world cup?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Strange that. Since Mikel did an interview earlier this week stating that Keane was his mentor and "bodyguard" when he did his trials at Man Utd (while Scholes and the Neville Brothers were trying to kick lumps out of him). Would be strange if SAF had planned to sign a teenager to replace his inspirational veteran captain.

green4life wrote: This is a bunch of bull. Especially the part about ManU guaranteeing him success as an AM. ... Fergie's plan was for Mikel to replace Roy Keane who played ..... (one hint: Not AM) :lol: