Does Ayo Akinfe work for OwnGoal?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Does Ayo Akinfe work for OwnGoal?

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

After reading the article below, I’ve become convinced that Ayo Akinfe works for OwnGoal. It will be extremely difficult to convince me that’s not the case :!:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/20/10 ... ontenders/

Cheers.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Does Ayo Akinfe work for OwnGoal?

Post by john12 »

He might even be the owner. this look like an article “Ayo Akinfe” wrote. I’m convinced he wrote it or send it to their editor. Ayo why didn’t you put your name at the end like the ones at the nation online?
Last edited by john12 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Looks like it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

john12 wrote:He might even be the owner. this look like an article “Ayo Akinfe” wrote. I’m convinced he wrote it or send it to their editor. Ayo why didn’t you put your name at the end like the ones at the nation online?
Well if there’s no name on it then own goal themselves and no one else are responsible of the views of the article so yes he may own Own Goal :scared:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:After reading the article below, I’ve become convinced that Ayo Akinfe works for OwnGoal. It will be extremely difficult to convince me that’s not the case :!:

Cheers.
That article was written by our very own Chief Contributing Editor. Owngoal should have at least given Ayo the credit for the article.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Cellular wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:After reading the article below, I’ve become convinced that Ayo Akinfe works for OwnGoal. It will be extremely difficult to convince me that’s not the case :!:

Cheers.
That article was written by our very own Chief Contributing Editor. Owngoal should have at least given Ayo the credit for the article.
Ayo's name is in the first sentence of the article.....

That said, Owngoal do have a reputation for posting junk news at times. Take the recent article on Joel Obi. This is probably another fabricated junk story. Rohr's might just have acknowledged his exploits. To report that he has been called up for a friendly due to take place in March next year is fallacy. Rohr list won't even be out a month before then.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I wouldn't call it work.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

It's definitely 'work'. Agents hard at work!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

green4life wrote:It's definitely 'work'. Agents hard at work!
You got it. Using everything to 'promote' agency business :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...for the right money a Nigerian will work for anyone, even for pennies :biggrin: many of them working for murdering fat faced politicians right now here on this forum :curse:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The real question is:
Does Ayo work?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

And I’ve just read the article. Obviously written by Ayo. Not just the choice of words and syntax, but the same simplistic and pedestrian analysis.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote:And I’ve just read the article. Obviously written by Ayo. Not just the choice of words and syntax, but the same simplistic and pedestrian analysis.
And also, his name CLEARLY WRITTEN IN THE FIRST SENTENCE? :sneaky:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

WOW CLEARLY Ayo's hand writing- all the points he highlights are covered in this
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Na wa for CEs. We enjoy exercises in stating the obvious.
Anyway, I am in Rome so let me do as the Roman CEs do. Look at the picture below. Ezenwa is a very, very, VERY short goalkeeper o! :lol: And Wiki claims he is 6ft 3 ins. :lol:

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

When the article was posted we couldn’t find his name at the top. I think they just added his name
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

john12 wrote:When the article was posted we couldn’t find his name at the top. I think they just added his name
I think they later added it.

It appears he has another article for them as well.

Owngoal is finally losing any credibility left.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo will harass us so much by the time the wc starts that we’ll wish we dnq . :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Ayo Akinfe Strikes Aagin!

Post by Otitokoro »

Ayo Akinfe Strikes Aagin!

Another op-ed post in Owngoal - this time, without the trademark 10 pts. (who's fooling who?)
Link / Source: Owngoal
Areas Gernot Rohr Still Has Work To Do In Super Eagles Defence As Exposed By Argentina
November 21, 201709

I am sure you have all watched the two goals we conceded during the Argentina game. I am particularly worried about the second goal we conceded in that match as it showed the kind of frailty that made Brazil concede seven against Germany in 2014.

When a team plays 3-5-2, the wingbacks push up and there is space down the channels for the opposition to exploit. One of the centrebacks then has to come across to cover that area, to prevent the ball being whipped in behind the defence. If you look closely at Argentina’s second goal, Christian Pavon, who had a brilliant game, in what was only his second match for Argentina, exploited this area very well. he made sure he was in behind Ola Aina whenever he ventured forward, It was Pavon who crossed that ball for Sergio Aguero to score. His pass was inch perfect. He put that ball on a sixpence for Aguero.

Ideally, Leon Balogun should have cut that cross out but clearly, he did not have the pace to match Pavon. That is a serious worry as come the World Cup, Balogun will be up against a lot of quick attackers. Down the middle too, after Pavon delivered the cross, neither William Ekong or Chibozor Awazien had the legs to keep pace with Aguero.

I do not know if it was a case of Aguero beating them for raw pace or that they failed to anticipate when he started his run to match him but neither Awaziem or Ekong was ever in control of the situation. Their last ditch tackles could even have resorted in an own goal as they slid in.

Did you also notice that even if Aguero missed the ball, Di Maria was waiting on the far side for a tap-in? Shehu Abdullahi had not tracked him back either Daniel Akpeyi too did not come out to command the area. A goalkeeper like Vincent Enyeama or would have timed the cross and gone for it.

The good things is that in the second half, Ebuehi and Idowu were tracking back so well that they were able to cut out all such crosses. Rohr has his work cut out but he needs to resolve how to shut down the space in the channels when playing 3-5-2. I am not interested in the fact that Otamendi, Pezzella and Mascherano committed similar blunders or also lacked pace to keep up with counter-attacks.

Ayo writes in from the UK
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ayo Akinfe Strikes Aagin!

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What is your opinion on the issues raised? Surely that should concern you more than who wrote the piece.

Argentina exposed some serious defensive lapses that need addressing. We all saw these lapses against Algeria in Uyo and fortunately the Desert Foxes could not exploit them. Argentina exploited them twice but we all know Germany will score seven if we defend like that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you will soon be exposed from you hidden agenda.. you will not get you paddies drafted to our SE.. only showing face after bonaza land ..pathetic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Otitokoro wrote:Another op-ed post in Owngoal - this time, without the trademark 10 pts. (who's fooling who?)
Link / Source: Owngoal
Areas Gernot Rohr Still Has Work To Do In Super Eagles Defence As Exposed By Argentina
November 21, 201709

I am sure you have all watched the two goals we conceded during the Argentina game. I am particularly worried about the second goal we conceded in that match as it showed the kind of frailty that made Brazil concede seven against Germany in 2014.

When a team plays 3-5-2, the wingbacks push up and there is space down the channels for the opposition to exploit. One of the centrebacks then has to come across to cover that area, to prevent the ball being whipped in behind the defence. If you look closely at Argentina’s second goal, Christian Pavon, who had a brilliant game, in what was only his second match for Argentina, exploited this area very well. he made sure he was in behind Ola Aina whenever he ventured forward, It was Pavon who crossed that ball for Sergio Aguero to score. His pass was inch perfect. He put that ball on a sixpence for Aguero.

Ideally, Leon Balogun should have cut that cross out but clearly, he did not have the pace to match Pavon. That is a serious worry as come the World Cup, Balogun will be up against a lot of quick attackers. Down the middle too, after Pavon delivered the cross, neither William Ekong or Chibozor Awazien had the legs to keep pace with Aguero.

I do not know if it was a case of Aguero beating them for raw pace or that they failed to anticipate when he started his run to match him but neither Awaziem or Ekong was ever in control of the situation. Their last ditch tackles could even have resorted in an own goal as they slid in.

Did you also notice that even if Aguero missed the ball, Di Maria was waiting on the far side for a tap-in? Shehu Abdullahi had not tracked him back either Daniel Akpeyi too did not come out to command the area. A goalkeeper like Vincent Enyeama or would have timed the cross and gone for it.

The good things is that in the second half, Ebuehi and Idowu were tracking back so well that they were able to cut out all such crosses. Rohr has his work cut out but he needs to resolve how to shut down the space in the channels when playing 3-5-2. I am not interested in the fact that Otamendi, Pezzella and Mascherano committed similar blunders or also lacked pace to keep up with counter-attacks.

Ayo writes in from the UK
I totally agree with you. I think we need to drop Balogun and Ekong and bring I a couple of brick layers that can quickly erect a wall to protect our goal. Argentina exposed our defense and we didn't expose theirs
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!