Barring Injuries, this is our starting line-up in Russia!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Barring Injuries, this is our starting line-up in Russia

Post by walesvilla »

bret- hart wrote:Echijile, Simon and Ezennwa are on their way out.
well i will not lose sleep over those provided replacement is better. (extend to Akpeyi)
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Baring injury or catastrophic loss of form:

Definite starters:
Mikel
V Moses
Ndidi

Probable starters
Ekong
Balogun
Shehu
Aina
Iwobi
Onazi

Possible starters
Ogu
Moses S
Iheanacho
Ebuehi
Idowu
Ezenwa
Uzoho
Ighalo
Awaziem

Unlikely but hey...
Akpeyi
Musa
Etebo
Onyekuru
Echiejile
Fake Mikel
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
john12 wrote:Inaija so in your honest mind, you believe that a player of iwobi should be benched by someone playing a in backwater league (Simon?). Iwobi, Victor Moses, Iheanacho,ndidi, Mikel, ekong should all be starters at this point. The rest can fight for shirt
He's been benching him all this while so I'm not sure i understand your question . Besides, it's not about individual players, but the best team. This has been consistently our best team, period.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: typical intellectual prostitution
Fraudulent CE contributing editor, when did iwobi start ahead of Simon Moses? Or are you laughing at your own ignorance?

I am not Ayo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

walesvilla wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Enyeama
Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Aina or Idowu

Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi

Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses
:rotf: :rotf:

1.how many games has he play this season or in last 6months
2. how much game time do you think he will get between Jan - May 2018???
You are asking he wrong questions. The question is "how much are you expecting to be wired to your account?" :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joao wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Jury is still out on Shehu.
Idowu, Aina and Ebuehi can all play his position. And Ezenwa is a NO NO NO
How do you explain the highlighted. Reference a game or how you came to that conclusion.
Shehu has multiple games on his resume where he has shown his game. So what's the issue.
You are responding to a braindead bigoted he-goat, with deformed teeth! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

walesvilla wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Enyeama
Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Aina or Idowu

Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi

Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses
:rotf: :rotf:

1.how many games has he play this season or in last 6months
2. how much game time do you think he will get between Jan - May 2018???
Chief Walesvilla; please IGNORE any thread which mentions "Enyeama's" name. We have gone through this several times, yet some people are still carried-away about Enyeama and are repeating his name in every of their posts.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

1naija wrote:Image
I am 100% sure that Ezenwa will not be between the sticks in Russia. The question is why should we field him ahead of the more exposed and composed Uzoho. There is also no way Iwobi will not be starting in Russia- he is of international class. Tyrone will also be making a strong case to be part of the starting 11 going by his debut against Argentina and current form. There will also be few other changes.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

1naija wrote:Image

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Are you really Nigerian? Why you go wish Nigeria bad
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Dodgy on whether Moses Simon would be a starter come the WC. It would be pretty tough to bench Iwobi knowing what we know right now. Ezenwa is certainly ahead of Akpeyi...whether he is ahead of Uzoho is debatable but I think he probably is, especially if Uzoho remains on the Deportivo bench.

Everybody else, I agree.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Most here associate being on the bench with being inferior. I see it differently especially with the current SE players. I see equally talented and capable players who can step in from the bench and be as good as the starters at most of the positions. So it's a matter of selecting the best team, and i think this is currently our best starting 11. Many of you are just listing names without looking at the team as a whole.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.