Ndidi is an all round complete player

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ndidi is an all round complete player

Post by Tobi17 »

Kai! I never got to appraise and appreciate how much depth of quality and unparalleled balance he brings to just any team he plays for, I always rated him as a top player of course, but always saw him as a one dimensional player who excelled in one particular role: breaking up play and decent going forward. But after watching the Argentina friendly, I paid very close attention to the trio of Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu just to assess how well they play together ... and Ndidi particularly stood out for me, dude is not only a beast, his passing was actually good and there was one particular move he made that pretty much summed up my high rating for the lad, it came from the build up to our second goal, during quick and tidy passing sequence that had us in the Argentina 18 yard box, one of our players lost the ball but Ndidi snapped the ball right back from the Argentina player, brilliantly held up possession despite been sandwiched by 2 Argentina players, and still had the composure to slide Ihenacho a good through pass... And the rest was history. Ogu also impressed me, he is definitely up there in the hierarchy of Mikel Obi, Ndidi, Iwobi, and Onazi...Mikel can now afford all the luxuries of now playing a libero free role of joining the attack and driving forward knowing his able and reliable "sweepers" behind - Ndidi, Onazi, Ogu, Etebo, Shehu, Idowu, Ebuehi and Agu have his back when we are on the back foot, Rohrs blueprint is now coming together, the concept is now discernible. All we need now is to confer the playmaking role to Iwobi, then Victor Moses, Simon, Ighalo, and Nacho will finish the job upfront.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ndidi is an all round complete player

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ndidi is not yet a complete player like say Sunday Oliseh was in that role. Offensively, he does not provide enough.

Yes, he wins almost every duel in midfield and is one of the best at winning the ball back but the ability of an Ngolo Kante to then drive forward. If you go to the Leicester City forum, the fans keep saying they want to see him improve his passing and use of the ball.

With the Eagles for instance, I am yet to see Ndidi deliver a 50-yard cross field pass that will pick out a team mate with precision. Anyway, he is only 20 and learning his trade, so I hope that over the next few years, he adds all these facets to his game. If he does, he can go on to become a world class player.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Kai! I never got to appraise and appreciate how much depth of quality and unparalleled balance he brings to just any team he plays for, I always rated him as a top player of course, but always saw him as a one dimensional player who excelled in one particular role: breaking up play and decent going forward. But after watching the Argentina friendly, I paid very close attention to the trio of Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu just to assess how well they play together ... and Ndidi particularly stood out for me, dude is not only a beast, his passing was actually good and there was one particular move he made that pretty much summed up my high rating for the lad, it came from the build up to our second goal, during quick and tidy passing sequence that had us in the Argentina 18 yard box, one of our players lost the ball but Ndidi snapped the ball right back from the Argentina player, brilliantly held up possession despite been sandwiched by 2 Argentina players, and still had the composure to slide Ihenacho a good through pass... And the rest was history. Ogu also impressed me, he is definitely up there in the hierarchy of Mikel Obi, Ndidi, Iwobi, and Onazi...Mikel can now afford all the luxuries of now playing a libero free role of joining the attack and driving forward knowing his able and reliable "sweepers" behind - Ndidi, Onazi, Ogu, Etebo, Shehu, Idowu, Ebuehi and Agu have his back when we are on the back foot, Rohrs blueprint is now coming together, the concept is now discernible. All we need now is to confer the playmaking role to Iwobi, then Victor Moses, Simon, Ighalo, and Nacho will finish the job upfront.
Did you notice how, as he made that through pass, he actually did a 180 degree turn and was facing the opposite direction (away from goal).

I'm not sure whether that was an act of deception to mask the pass to Kelechi or an act to avoid getting caught by the Argentinian defenders' tackles,
Whatever it was I found it very clever.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Uncle Damunkey, it's called a no-look pass. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The no look pass having won the ball and retained it under pressure was Ndidi at his best.
He is such a different player from Oliseh that I think the comparison is pointless. Also, his is thenperhaps that has most evolved since Oliseh’s days.
Like most of our side, Ndidi has a monstrous second half. I think they’ve really become a team in the last 3 Matches.
And the poster is right that Ogu provides a better balance than Onazi. Ogu’s positioning and discipline allows Ndidi to go hunting for the ball, and Mikel to get close to the attack. Eddy is more of a hunter himself, useful when we want to press, less so when we want to soak up pressure and play on the counter.
But there are few names - maybe only Moses and Mikel - that I would put on the Eagle’s teamsheet before Ndidi.
Last edited by waka-man on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

waka-man wrote:The no look pass having won the ball and retained it under pressure was Ndidi at his best.
He is such a different player from abolishes that I think the comparison is pointless. Also, his is thenperhaps that has most evolved since Oliseh’s days.
Like most of our side, Ndidi has a monstrous second half. I think they’ve really become a team in the last 3 Matches.
And the poster is right that Ogu provides a better balance than Onazi. Ogu’s positioning and discipline allows Ndidi to go hunting for the ball, and Mikel to get close to the attack. Eddy is more of a hunter himself, useful when we want to press, less so when we want to soak up pressure and play on the counter.
But there are few names - maybe only Moses and Mikel - that I would put on the Eagle’s teamsheet before Ndidi.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: Take a bow son, take a bow
To stop trying is to start dying
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:Uncle Damunkey, it's called a no-look pass. :D
E se pupo. :thumb: :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What I enjoyed about Ndidi was his constant running, the guy never stopped. .even minute 90 he went for a hard tackle, got the ball and man , the ball was on the touch line, the ref blew a foul, but Ndidi still stretched while on the floor to kick the ball out of bounds ....that alone, showed how determined this team is....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I want to see Ndidi's trademark thunderbolt from outside the box into the corner of the net at NT level. That is the only thing I am missing from him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:Kai! I never got to appraise and appreciate how much depth of quality and unparalleled balance he brings to just any team he plays for, I always rated him as a top player of course, but always saw him as a one dimensional player who excelled in one particular role: breaking up play and decent going forward. But after watching the Argentina friendly, I paid very close attention to the trio of Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu just to assess how well they play together ... and Ndidi particularly stood out for me, dude is not only a beast, his passing was actually good and there was one particular move he made that pretty much summed up my high rating for the lad, it came from the build up to our second goal, during quick and tidy passing sequence that had us in the Argentina 18 yard box, one of our players lost the ball but Ndidi snapped the ball right back from the Argentina player, brilliantly held up possession despite been sandwiched by 2 Argentina players, and still had the composure to slide Ihenacho a good through pass... And the rest was history. Ogu also impressed me, he is definitely up there in the hierarchy of Mikel Obi, Ndidi, Iwobi, and Onazi...Mikel can now afford all the luxuries of now playing a libero free role of joining the attack and driving forward knowing his able and reliable "sweepers" behind - Ndidi, Onazi, Ogu, Etebo, Shehu, Idowu, Ebuehi and Agu have his back when we are on the back foot, Rohrs blueprint is now coming together, the concept is now discernible. All we need now is to confer the playmaking role to Iwobi, then Victor Moses, Simon, Ighalo, and Nacho will finish the job upfront.

Like I said, Ndidi is our best midfielder! FACT!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ndidi is not yet a complete player like say Sunday Oliseh was in that role. Offensively, he does not provide enough.

Yes, he wins almost every duel in midfield and is one of the best at winning the ball back but the ability of an Ngolo Kante to then drive forward. If you go to the Leicester City forum, the fans keep saying they want to see him improve his passing and use of the ball.

With the Eagles for instance, I am yet to see Ndidi deliver a 50-yard cross field pass that will pick out a team mate with precision. Anyway, he is only 20 and learning his trade, so I hope that over the next few years, he adds all these facets to his game. If he does, he can go on to become a world class player.

THANK GOD! Ndidi is 20 years old, how the fack is he going to be a complete player???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

danfo driver wrote:

Mikel is still our top dog, but after him, Ndidi is the player that we can least afford to be without.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Mikel is still our top dog, but after him, Ndidi is the player that we can least afford to be without.
And you best believe the whole world is aware of this. The hatchet men from the countries that play us will also be aware of this.

The discernible drop off in quality is what concerns if he gets "injured" me ala Amokachi in 1994 and Onazi in 2014. :cry:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Mikel can be your top dog if he wants. But Ndidi is our best midfielder, FACT.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Showboy wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

And you best believe the whole world is aware of this. The hatchet men from the countries that play us will also be aware of this.

The discernible drop off in quality is what concerns if he gets "injured" me ala Amokachi in 1994 and Onazi in 2014. :cry:
I will open a thread about this before the final list is released. ROhr needs to be prepared for this:

1. we need to do our own hatchet job on others

2. we need to take a complete squad!!! When you take out one guy, we have another one of quality coming in! The Onazi -- Ruben Gabriel sub was kaiiii!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: We can allow that drop in quality happen again. Good things is that looking at this team, it is outrageously more talented than the 2014 trash we took to the world cup
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
Showboy wrote:
mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I will open a thread about this before the final list is released. ROhr needs to be prepared for this:

1. we need to do our own hatchet job on others

2. we need to take a complete squad!!! When you take out one guy, we have another one of quality coming in! The Onazi -- Ruben Gabriel sub was kaiiii!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: We can allow that drop in quality happen again. Good things is that looking at this team, it is outrageously more talented than the 2014 trash we took to the world cup
That was awful,I never forgave Muatudi after that,the capitulation was so clear!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He covers a scary amount of ground with those long galloping strides. He and Onazi are a good midfield combo because they cover so much ground. They judt need someone who is composed on the ball to do something with it when they win it back (which is why Nigeria look so toothless when Mikel does not play). Given that this may be Mikel's last WC (he may also decide to focus on club duties and retire from the SE), we really need to find other ball-playing midfielders to understudy or replace Mikel.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Ndidi and Onazi combo= Kante * 1.5
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Robotnik wrote:Ndidi and Onazi combo= Kante * 1.5
Ok and that’s according to?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I disagree. He is not an all round complete player. He is very good at what he does and what he is paid to to but to call him an all round complete player? No way
yes o
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

papilo wrote:I disagree. He is not an all round complete player. He is very good at what he does and what he is paid to to but to call him an all round complete player? No way

Ode! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Just pray our players remain healthy so that the coach will have a full compliment of players to choose from.

Emir, I will donate one animal make you sacrifice to Ifa... will jette1 do or do you prefer a farm animal? :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote:Just pray our players remain healthy so that the coach will have a full compliment of players to choose from.

Emir, I will donate one animal make you sacrifice to Ifa... will jette1 do or do you prefer a farm animal? :P
Farm animal pls. Ifa doesn’t like parasites! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!