Henry Onyekuru: The Ace Up Rohrs Sleeve

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Henry Onyekuru: The Ace Up Rohrs Sleeve

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Goldleaf wrote::shock: :shock:

The lobbying machine of Henry Onyekuru is no joke!
Ol boy, you would think this boy is like Ronaldinho or Neymar or something,
Or perhaps the highest goals scorer in the belgian league last season, and second highest goal scorer at the moment, this season. The same league that has the brainless competitor, Simon Moses, who has never smelled such an award. And they play the same position.

But yes, I agree, the lobbying machine is getting out of hand. Its clear some agents are working hard. :lol: :lol:

he's just a light weight speedster with average ball control, that's very selfish and doesn't really defend. Its like people are just looking at his numbers in the Belgian league without actually seeing him play. Most of his teams games are on youtube, just search for his team and you can watch him. Funny thing is everyone is saying he won't start over Moses and Iwobi, so what is the clamor for? A back up?

Truth is, comments like these make you sound densely stupid and quite as bad as the agents on the other side. For those of us who have had the unfortunate experience to know you for years, your stupidity is not a surprise.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Ol boy, you would think this boy is like Ronaldinho or Neymar or something, he's just a light weight speedster with average ball control, that's very selfish and doesn't really defend. Its like people are just looking at his numbers in the Belgian league without actually seeing him play. Most of his teams games are on youtube, just search for his team and you can watch him. Funny thing is everyone is saying he won't start over Moses and Iwobi, so what is the clamor for? A back up?

On merit, Onyekuru would be a starter for the Super eagles today. Fans see him as performing the kind of role Amokachi performed in 1994, disturbing opposing defences with his strength, running, energy and hussle.

By the way, under Rohr's 4-3-3 formation, you can easily fit Iwobi, Onyekuru and Moses into the starting line-up. All you do is play Iwobi as your playmaker.
What strength what hussle? He is a smallish light weight player who actually doesn't hussle much, esp. defensively. If he goes, it won't be as a starter that's for sure. And that's a big IF.

You are a pathetic pathological liar. First of all, if you say Onyekuru WAS lightweight, I will agree. But as you can see, recently, JUST LIKE EBUEHI, Onyekuru has added some muscle.

BEFORE:

AFTER

THIS IS EVEN AT CORSICA

Second, your claim that he "doesnt hustle much, esp. defensively" is a pathological lie! Many of us watch him and we have eyes. In fact, against Algeria, many times, he dropped very deep to help the left back. Funny enough, that was the first time I actually remarked that I like the way Rohr forces his wingers to drop back. And We saw Iheanacho (specifically) drop quite deep against Argentina.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Funny enough, if Onyekuru goes back to Everton and start scoring, these English brainwashed Naijarians will be the ones twerking for him.

Was Ndidi not tearing the Belgian league apart??? And all rohr considered him for was a substitute right back and many of you were ready to die on the floor for Ogu, Onazi and whoever else BUT NDIDI. All of a sudden, Ndidi moves to your master's league and begins to humiliate your masters... Now, he starts every single minute for Rohr and many of you will die if you heard he wasnt playing. You think we dont know your M/O? NONSENSE!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Danfo driver you make a good point. However, ndidi was already projected as a top talent even before going to Leicester. Now to Onyekuru, what more do you guys want from the coach?? He has already called up Onyekuru 3 times this year and Onyekuru hasn’t necessarily set the team ablaze with goals. In a team that consists of proven players like Moses, ighalo, Iheanacho, iwobi, musa and an extent (Simon) how many minutes does Onyekuru expects to get?? He has to take full advantage of the few minutes he gets or he might not get full 90 minutes. If Onyekuru moves to a bigger league not just English and start performing people would rightly take notice. He just has to be patient, keep performing and he would get more chances
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

How many minutes did onyekuru played in those matches
Ahmed Musa is a waste of space at moment
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Chaii!!! You'd think we'd all be on the same page when we have such a talented young player that's impressing week in week out for his club... Maybe I'm missing something.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ahmed Musa even at his downside of club career this year has scored 2 goals and 2 assists for his country this year. How many has Onyekuru scored?? Mind you musa is rightfully also a substitute player for SE. there’s no way musa with his experience and pedigree would be dropped for inexperienced Onyekuru. Lai lai
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

So sunset who the #$%$ should Onyekuru bench in our starting city? I have so much respect for you but you’re doing too much now like the rest. Hope, they haven’t bribed you
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

john12 wrote:So sunset who the #$%$ should Onyekuru bench in our starting city? I have so much respect for you but you’re doing too much now like the rest. Hope, they haven’t bribed you
Bribe ke? So someone cannot have an opinion again? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bros I watch football with my two eyes, no money in the World will make me blind... And where exactly did I say we should bench anyone for him? When I see a World class player like Dani Alves so determined to keep him at bay one has to be sure the kid is talented. He's a huge asset IMO and I feel like Rohr's just giving him the Ndidi treatment.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I believe that rohr has already called Onyekuru up and would probably recall him for the next game. So what else you you guys need? How’s the coach giving him ndidi treatment when the player has been called up.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

People who continually cry: "Agents at work!" or "Let the coach do his job" generally have nothing useful to contribute.

As for the article, it's badly written junk.

As for Onyekuru, he's very unlikely to break into the first team but he has a shot at making the bench for the World Cup.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:I believe that rohr has already called Onyekuru up and would probably recall him for the next game. So what else you you guys need? How’s the coach giving him ndidi treatment when the player has been called up.
Yep. It's up to Onyekuru to prove his value when he gets called up. Left to some, his club form in Belgium form is enough to give him an automatic shirt in the first team.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:Funny enough, if Onyekuru goes back to Everton and start scoring, these English brainwashed Naijarians will be the ones twerking for him.

Was Ndidi not tearing the Belgian league apart??? And all rohr considered him for was a substitute right back and many of you were ready to die on the floor for Ogu, Onazi and whoever else BUT NDIDI. All of a sudden, Ndidi moves to your master's league and begins to humiliate your masters... Now, he starts every single minute for Rohr and many of you will die if you heard he wasnt playing. You think we dont know your M/O? NONSENSE!
I was one of those championing for Ndidi when he was in the Belgian League, his games too were on Youtube and I saw how he was all over the field with his long legs winning balls anyhow and spraying passes and rocket shots at goal, him and the Jamaican left-footed bobo they were the stars of that team. You could see his talent level and why Leicester came in for him, there was even hype when he went there to replace Kante, so he wasn't some unknown prospect. I remember the likes of G4L slightly hating b/c they thought I was championing the bobo to take their God son's place.

But that said, its weird that you are trying to say it was his EPL play that made Rohr start him, and that's just not true. Rohr already spotted him while he was in Belgium and was introducing him slowly into the National Team, and with each performance he justified his place and played his way into a starting role. Same way Shehu has now played his way into a starting RB role when Rohr wouldn't even try him there initially. Shehu would sub in at CM every now and then and even Ndidi and Omeruo were tried at RB before him, but slowly over time he got his chance and he earned that spot without any EPL exposure.

The issue here with Onyekuru is he just hasn't played his way into a starting spot, and it has nothing to do with whether he is in the EPL or not. Who knows, he might stink it up in the EPL, but his spot on the SE is tied to how he performs in training in-front of Rohr and how he does when introduced for cameo roles. I just don't think he's done enough as of yet.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Danfo driver you make a good point. However, ndidi was already projected as a top talent even before going to Leicester. Now to Onyekuru, what more do you guys want from the coach?? He has already called up Onyekuru 3 times this year and Onyekuru hasn’t necessarily set the team ablaze with goals. In a team that consists of proven players like Moses, ighalo, Iheanacho, iwobi, musa and an extent (Simon) how many minutes does Onyekuru expects to get?? He has to take full advantage of the few minutes he gets or he might not get full 90 minutes. If Onyekuru moves to a bigger league not just English and start performing people would rightly take notice. He just has to be patient, keep performing and he would get more chances
Personally, I am a big fan of Onyekuru. I believe he is significantly better than Musa and Simon. But honestly, I couldnt careless if he goes to the world cup. Its the coach's job to decide who goes.

However, the highlighted statement you have made is quite baffling. Onyekuru was the highest goalscorer in Belgium before he moved to Everton. Ndidi did not achieve as much as Onyekuru did in belgium before Ndidi moved to Leicester.

As for the rest of your comment, it seems Onyekuru bandwagon want him to be played for a full game to see what he can do.

PERSONALLY, FOR ME, and I said this when Onyekuru was first invited, I do not believe in "fight for shirt!" or "elimination by substitution." For me, that is nonsense and that is the reason players like babatunde and uchebo have nigerian caps... because some players are very very good at shinning in 20 minutes and when you take them to the tournament proper, their true uselessness shows up.

Contrarily, I have always ben a big believer in building a team.. slowly. You invite a player because she has shown that he is capable. And you allow him to grow with the team. if he sucks in the first 3-6 game, that is fine! its not about being irrational. You remain patient with him and continue to work with him. For me, thats my preference and thats how you get to tell the uchebos and flaminis, who do shine shine bobo when they want a contract and then fall off afterwards.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sunset wrote:Chaii!!! You'd think we'd all be on the same page when we have such a talented young player that's impressing week in week out for his club... Maybe I'm missing something.

You simply dont know Nigerians. :lol: :lol: When was the last time Nigerians supported a good thing! For heavens sakes, this is the same deplorable country whose worthless youths came out en masse to vote for a geriatric buhari when there were young and female candidates available.

You simply dont understand the psyche of a cursed populace.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Ol boy, you would think this boy is like Ronaldinho or Neymar or something, he's just a light weight speedster with average ball control, that's very selfish and doesn't really defend. Its like people are just looking at his numbers in the Belgian league without actually seeing him play. Most of his teams games are on youtube, just search for his team and you can watch him. Funny thing is everyone is saying he won't start over Moses and Iwobi, so what is the clamor for? A back up?

On merit, Onyekuru would be a starter for the Super eagles today. Fans see him as performing the kind of role Amokachi performed in 1994, disturbing opposing defences with his strength, running, energy and hussle.

By the way, under Rohr's 4-3-3 formation, you can easily fit Iwobi, Onyekuru and Moses into the starting line-up. All you do is play Iwobi as your playmaker.
What strength what hussle? He is a smallish light weight player who actually doesn't hussle much, esp. defensively. If he goes, it won't be as a starter that's for sure. And that's a big IF.

You are a pathetic pathological liar. First of all, if you say Onyekuru WAS lightweight, I will agree. But as you can see, recently, JUST LIKE EBUEHI, Onyekuru has added some muscle.

BEFORE:

AFTER

THIS IS EVEN AT CORSICA

Second, your claim that he "doesnt hustle much, esp. defensively" is a pathological lie! Many of us watch him and we have eyes. In fact, against Algeria, many times, he dropped very deep to help the left back. Funny enough, that was the first time I actually remarked that I like the way Rohr forces his wingers to drop back. And We saw Iheanacho (specifically) drop quite deep against Argentina.
So he's added some muscle, so he's no longer light weight? We just saw how he was getting bounced off the ball in the CL how many weeks ago by old as Dani Alves. He IS NOT a strength player, he is a light weight speedy player, so why would anybody compare him to the The Bull Amotaxi? He doesn't play anything like the Bull which is the point I'm making. If you think he plays like the bull then that's on you.

Secondly, as far as hussling defensively, so in your opinion just running back into a defensive position is all it takes to be a hussler? If you actually watch him, he runs back but never really puts pressure on the opponent, even others commented on the same thing on this board. He doesn't actually try to defend, he just runs back and that's it. Iwobi used to be the same way, but now he actually hussles more and pressures the opponent to get the ball or force them back.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
john12 wrote:Danfo driver you make a good point. However, ndidi was already projected as a top talent even before going to Leicester. Now to Onyekuru, what more do you guys want from the coach?? He has already called up Onyekuru 3 times this year and Onyekuru hasn’t necessarily set the team ablaze with goals. In a team that consists of proven players like Moses, ighalo, Iheanacho, iwobi, musa and an extent (Simon) how many minutes does Onyekuru expects to get?? He has to take full advantage of the few minutes he gets or he might not get full 90 minutes. If Onyekuru moves to a bigger league not just English and start performing people would rightly take notice. He just has to be patient, keep performing and he would get more chances
Personally, I am a big fan of Onyekuru. I believe he is significantly better than Musa and Simon. But honestly, I couldnt careless if he goes to the world cup. Its the coach's job to decide who goes.

However, the highlighted statement you have made is quite baffling. Onyekuru was the highest goalscorer in Belgium before he moved to Everton. Ndidi did not achieve as much as Onyekuru did in belgium before Ndidi moved to Leicester.

As for the rest of your comment, it seems Onyekuru bandwagon want him to be played for a full game to see what he can do.

PERSONALLY, FOR ME, and I said this when Onyekuru was first invited, I do not believe in "fight for shirt!" or "elimination by substitution." For me, that is nonsense and that is the reason players like babatunde and uchebo have nigerian caps... because some players are very very good at shinning in 20 minutes and when you take them to the tournament proper, their true uselessness shows up.

Contrarily, I have always ben a big believer in building a team.. slowly. You invite a player because she has shown that he is capable. And you allow him to grow with the team. if he sucks in the first 3-6 game, that is fine! its not about being irrational. You remain patient with him and continue to work with him. For me, thats my preference and thats how you get to tell the uchebos and flaminis, who do shine shine bobo when they want a contract and then fall off afterwards.
Menn you are so funny, Ndidi didn't achieve more but somehow Leicester paid more than double for him, AND immediately started him. While Eupen could only get less than half the amount of Ndidi's transfer meaning he didn't qualify as a special talent and so Everton immediately loaned him out.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Menn you are so funny, Ndidi didn't achieve more but somehow Leicester paid more than double for him, AND immediately started him. While Eupen could only get less than half the amount of Ndidi's transfer meaning he didn't qualify as a special talent and so Everton immediately loaned him out.
Before, when I read your comment, I said one should look down on you with derision. However, now, I read your comment and I look down on you with amusement.

Onyekuru had a buyout clause. NO CLUB IN THIS WORLD WILL PAY MORE THAN BUY OUT + TAX! Dont be daft, please! Why would Everton pay more than the release clause?? Does that even make sense to you??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ekuru.html
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... y-onyekuru
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ever ... -925b86wvp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Before, when I read your comment, I said one should look down on you with derision. However, now, I read your comment and I look down on you with amusement.

Onyekuru had a buyout clause. NO CLUB IN THIS WORLD WILL PAY MORE THAN BUY OUT + TAX! Dont be daft, please! Why would Everton pay more than the release clause?? Does that even make sense to you??

Ndidi was a bigger talent and his price tag shows it. The fact that you would even argue this is ridiculous. He was and still is a bigger deal than Onyekuru, and was touted as a player who could fill Kante's big arse shoes.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Ndidi was a bigger talent and his price tag shows it. The fact that you would even argue this is ridiculous. He was and still is a bigger deal than Onyekuru, and was touted as a player who could fill Kante's big arse shoes.
I dont give a damn! Ndid (I am even probably a bigger fan of Ndidi than you are) can be the gold plated monster and Onyekuru can be dog sh11et! I dont care!! All I care is that you know nothing! You just embarassed yourself by showing that you know nothing! Like I said, Onyekuru had a release clause and you didnt know that! You opened your mouth and embarrassed yourself! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE STYLE TO CHANGE THE NARRATIVE!
[/color] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I dont give a damn! Ndid (I am even probably a bigger fan of Ndidi than you are) can be the gold plated monster and Onyekuru can be dog sh11et! I dont care!! All I care is that you know nothing! You just embarassed yourself by showing that you know nothing! Like I said, Onyekuru had a release clause and you didnt know that! You opened your mouth and embarrassed yourself! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE STYLE TO CHANGE THE NARRATIVE!
[/color] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The talk is about Oneykuru and you are here telling us he is a bigger deal than Ndidi. Negro please, you can talk about whatever tangential topic you want na ya own shelenge, the pertinent truth of the matter is Ndidi is a bigger deal and still had to prove himself and work his way into the NT, Onyekuru will have to do the same if he is truly better than those ahead of him, and not because he had games in the EPL or not. He hasn't shown that the is better than even Musa, who came in against a big team in Argentina and provided more than Onyekuru has in whole SE career, yet we still have to hear about how he is this or that because of goals in Belgium. Let him show and prove it, there is no hand holding when it comes to the NT.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Our super star that Barcelona, Real Marid and Man City were checking out is on the bench today
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:Our super star that Barcelona, Real Marid and Man City were checking out is on the bench today

Yes he was but we do not know why. Was it tactical, injury-related or are they keeping him for a league game? He is by far Anderlecht's best player, so I suspect they are reserving him for their more realistic challenge of winning Belgian League.