Henry Onyekuru: The Ace Up Rohrs Sleeve

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Henry Onyekuru: The Ace Up Rohrs Sleeve

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: The talk is about Oneykuru and you are here telling us he is a bigger deal than Ndidi.
You can lie all you want and make up all the sh11ttt you want! Everyone can see through you! This was my statement:

Ndidi did not achieve as much as Onyekuru did in belgium before Ndidi moved to Leicester.

I never mentioned who is or is not a "bigger deal!" Pathological liar! thats what you are! It is a fact that Onyekuru achieved more in Belgium than Ndidi! FACT! Onyekuru scored the most goals in the league.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dude, your boy Onyekuru can't even start for his useless Belgian team in the champions league and you guys want him to automatically start for the SE. It's so quiet I don't see anybody mentioning about his bench duties but you will come and say he's a bigger deal than Ndidi.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:Dude, your boy Onyekuru can't even start for his useless Belgian team in the champions league and you guys want him to automatically start for the SE. It's so quiet I don't see anybody mentioning about his bench duties but you will come and say he's a bigger deal than Ndidi.

Messi started on the bench for Barcelona too. Does that make him useless as well?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Dude, your boy Onyekuru can't even start for his useless Belgian team in the champions league and you guys want him to automatically start for the SE. It's so quiet I don't see anybody mentioning about his bench duties but you will come and say he's a bigger deal than Ndidi.

Messi started on the bench for Barcelona too. Does that make him useless as well?
Asinine comparison kai Ayo, you are reaching. Messi's genius is not in question, Barca being at the top of the table can afford to rest him against a team they are better than, Anderletcht a useless Belgian team need to get points and win badly playing against a much better Bayern team so would bring out their big guns, and seems Onyekuru still can't start for such a useless team in such an important game. That is really worrying. What are Rohr and his club coaching seeing that you are missing?

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/ba ... us-6442866
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Asinine comparison kai Ayo, you are reaching. Messi's genius is not in question, Barca being at the top of the table can afford to rest him against a team they are better than, Anderletcht a useless Belgian team need to get points and win badly playing against a much better Bayern team so would bring out their big guns, and seems Onyekuru still can't start for such a useless team in such an important game. That is really worrying. What are Rohr and his club coaching seeing that you are missing?

You and I both know that Onyekuru is Anderlecht’s best player but was rested for this game!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

A 19 year old was top scorer in the belgian league last season and is leading the scorers chart this season. He has moved to a premiership club and is attracting interest from big clubs!...And you are here complaining because he started from the bench in a dead rubber game?? If you follow the champions league you would know that Anderlecht is already out.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

gochino wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

A 19 year old was top scorer in the belgian league last season and is leading the scorers chart this season. He has moved to a premiership club and is attracting interest from big clubs!...And you are here complaining because he started from the bench in a dead rubber game?? If you follow the champions league you would know that Anderlecht is already out.
This was not a dead rubber game for Anderlecht. Anderlecht still hoped to reach Euro League.
It is just not true that he was rested for the game.
I think it were more tactical reasons why he did not start the game.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dude, Onyekuru is sh11111t! And thats why he is NOT good enough for Anderletch. Howver, he still performed better than Ndidi in Belgium! FACT!! You can finger yourself all you like, but THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT FACT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

DAgrin wrote:
gochino wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

This was not a dead rubber game for Anderlecht. Anderlecht still hoped to reach Euro League.
It is just not true that he was rested for the game.
I think it were more tactical reasons why he did not start the game.

Are you minding these agents, the boy is also not a sure starter in league games, but they will make up all sorts of excuses, they looked to bring him on when they were down and this one is talking about dead rubber game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo I keep wanting to believe you are better than this. But your arguments are becoming less and less defensible, your parallels more and more lazy. I don’t thing it serves you well.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Goldleaf wrote::shock: :shock:

The lobbying machine of Henry Onyekuru is no joke!
crazy stuff
the amazing thing is there is no place for him in the first team... at least for now
never seen such intense lobbying for a place on the bench
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

After he was dropped for the Belgian Classico against FC Brugge, the Belgian media questioned the Anderlecht coach and his response was that Onyekuru was more focused on making Nigeria's World Cup squad than playing for the club.
I am happy
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Dammy wrote:After he was dropped for the Belgian Classico against FC Brugge, the Belgian media questioned the Anderlecht coach and his response was that Onyekuru was more focused on making Nigeria's World Cup squad than playing for the club.
well, the Coach is a fool if he said that.
Luckily Onyekuru does not belong to Anderlecht so its not a disaster if he falls out with the coach

I wish him well but from what i have seen Onyekuru does not warrant all the hype.
Other than speed, he does not seem to have the tools to play as a winger(ability to take on defenders and go past them, crossing, passing, assists etc)
which rules him out as an alternative to Moses, Iwobi or Moses Simon

He has a very narrow scope of application namely that of a wide forward. So his competition is Musa and Iheanacho
I dont see any evidence he is better than either player
I agree he has a great goaslcoring record in belgium but that is not proof he can deliver against top tier opposition.
Have you guys heard of Perbet, Harbaoui, Bacca,etc?
These guys have been the top scorers in Belgium too over the last few years
Even Okpala and Okaka have been among the top scorers in Beligium in recent years

Bottom line is Rohr is giving him an appropriate level of opportunity in training to show what he can do.
So let Rohr do his job
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:
Dammy wrote:After he was dropped for the Belgian Classico against FC Brugge, the Belgian media questioned the Anderlecht coach and his response was that Onyekuru was more focused on making Nigeria's World Cup squad than playing for the club.
Luckily Onyekuru does not belong to Anderlecht so its not a disaster if he falls out with the coach

I wish him well but from what i have seen Onyekuru does not warrant all the hype.
Other than speed, he does not seem to have the tools to play as a winger(ability to take on defenders and go past them, crossing, passing, assists etc)

He has a very narrow scope of application namely that of a wide forward. So his competition is Musa and Iheanacho
I agree he has a great goaslcoring record in belgium but that is not proof he can deliver against top tier opposition.
Even Okpala and Okaka have been among the top scorers in Beligium in recent years

Bottom line is Rohr is giving him an appropriate level of opportunity in training to show what he can do.
So let Rohr do his job
You spoilt your piece by mentioning Forest Gump players Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. There is no room for such unimaginative players in the Russia 2018 squad abeg.

We are going to the World Cup with classy players. This time around, we are serious about our participation.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

So let Rohr do his job
You spoilt your piece by mentioning Forest Gump players Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. There is no room for such imaginative players in the Russia 2018 squad abeg.

We are going to the World Cup with classy players. This time around, we are serious about our participation.

So you finally agree that the 2014 WC squad that you have defended vigorously on this forum was not a serious squad and inadequate?
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

So let Rohr do his job
You spoilt your piece by mentioning Forest Gump players Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. There is no room for such imaginative players in the Russia 2018 squad abeg.

So you finally agree that the 2014 WC squad that you have defended vigorously on this forum was not a serious squad and inadequate?
If we want to be honest, none of our teams really had the belief that they could win the World Cup. Even the 94 squad has Austin Eguavoen as its weak link and the 98 squad lost Shorunmu and Shakpore.

For the first time we are actually putting together a squad that has promise. From what I can see, our only problem now is this sentimental attachment to old players. Even the NFF has got its act together by agreeing a bonus contract with the players.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Anderlecht 1 Bayern Munich 2
22 November 2017

Line-ups

Anderlecht: Sels - Appiah, Spajic, Mbodji, Deschacht - Kums, Trebel, Dendoncker - Gerkens (Onyekuru 65'), Teodorczyk (Harbaoui 82'), Hanni (c) (Bruno 71')
Subs: Boeckx, Josue Sa, Onyekuru, Bruno, Beric, Sambi Lokonga, Harbaoui
Absentees: Najar (hamstring)
Coach: Hein Vanhaezebrouck

Bayern: Ulreich - Kimmich, Boateng, Süle, Friedl - Tolisso, Rudy, Vidal (Hummels 87') - Robben (c) (Martinez 48'), Lewandowski, Thiago (James 44')
Subs: Starke, Hummels, Martinez, James, Bernat, Dorsch
Absentees: Neuer (foot), Rafinha (ankle), Ribery (not match fit), Coman (foot), Wriedt (not in European squad)
Coach: Jupp Heynckes
Pls wake us up when Henry Onyekuru stops riding the pine.
Otherwise, Gernot Rohr, I beg carry go, forget Onyekuru's agents make dem gree make we hear word.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Goldleaf wrote:
22 November 2017

Line-ups

Anderlecht: Sels - Appiah, Spajic, Mbodji, Deschacht - Kums, Trebel, Dendoncker - Gerkens (Onyekuru 65'), Teodorczyk (Harbaoui 82'), Hanni (c) (Bruno 71')

Bayern: Ulreich - Kimmich, Boateng, Süle, Friedl - Tolisso, Rudy, Vidal (Hummels 87') - Robben (c) (Martinez 48'), Lewandowski, Thiago (James 44')
Absentees: Neuer (foot), Rafinha (ankle), Ribery (not match fit), Coman (foot), Wriedt (not in European squad)
Otherwise, Gernot Rohr, I beg carry go, forget Onyekuru's agents make dem gree make we hear word.
Why so much hate for onyekuru? For argument sake or are you in denial? Top scorer last season, 2nd top scorer so far this season, na beans? The era of babatundemessi aka Moses Simon aka Ahmed Musa is over. You have to know how to utilize your brain to play for SE and if you forget sentiments, onyekuru, iwobi, Victor Moses, bazee ( when fit) are our certified wing forwards. Simple and plain
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Personally, I never really thought it was a good idea to go to that club. He had conquered Belgium and he needed a loan to somewhere like France or Germany that will challenge him.

By the way, did Anderlecht change coach? Or does their coach have a say in the players that come in? I ask this because Anderlecht chased Onyekuru for months, and then he turned them down for Everton. Once everyone knew he couldnt get a permit, they chased him again, for a loan. However, when he arrived, the coach didnt seem keen on making him undisputed first choice. So, not sure if the coach wanted him from the beginning.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

danfo driver wrote:
Personally, I never really thought it was a good idea to go to that club. He had conquered Belgium and he needed a loan to somewhere like France or Germany that will challenge him.

By the way, did Anderlecht change coach? Or does their coach have a say in the players that come in? I ask this because Anderlecht chased Onyekuru for months, and then he turned them down for Everton. Once everyone knew he couldnt get a permit, they chased him again, for a loan. However, when he arrived, the coach didnt seem keen on making him undisputed first choice. So, not sure if the coach wanted him from the beginning.

Several reasons could attribute to why he is not a starter for Anderlecht example his parent club could have stipulated a certain number of games he is allowed play to protect their investment considering the players age. A charge may have to be paid to the parent club if the player exceeds a certain number of appearances. Then again it could be all down to Anderlecht not wishing to feature the player for internal reasons such as the number of foreign players on match day etc etc.

We are all hoping he turns into a world class player as it would be to Nigeria benefit however currently he is it there yet and this World Cup may be too soon for him...... yes he has scored againstno name defenders in Belgium but he failed to score against better defenders in the champions league more importantly in three games for Nigeria he failed to score or provide an assist nearly scoring doesn’t count if we want a striker that nearly scores we should call back brown Ideye.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Several reasons could attribute to why he is not a starter for Anderlecht example his parent club could have stipulated a certain number of games he is allowed play to protect their investment considering the players age. A charge may have to be paid to the parent club if the player exceeds a certain number of appearances. Then again it could be all down to Anderlecht not wishing to feature the player for internal reasons such as the number of foreign players on match day etc etc.

We are all hoping he turns into a world class player as it would be to Nigeria benefit however currently he is it there yet and this World Cup may be too soon for him...... yes he has scored againstno name defenders in Belgium but he failed to score against better defenders in the champions league more importantly in three games for Nigeria he failed to score or provide an assist nearly scoring doesn’t count if we want a striker that nearly scores we should call back brown Ideye.
Onyekuru is NOT a striker. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

That's rather crass and uncouth of you to say that. Those boys have always put in their best and made Nigeria proud when called to service.
And all because you have failed woefully as a paid agent in trying to superimpose your boys into the SE.
Shame on you!
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

So let Rohr do his job
You spoilt your piece by mentioning Forest Gump players Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. There is no room for such unimaginative players in the Russia 2018 squad abeg.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

A rebuttal to your comment is: why all the mega hype? The boy has been invited to Rohr's SE camp twice and has featured in 3 matches, yet he has failed to convince. But yall still insist on superimposing him on everyone else, at the expense of those who have proven themselves. Is that necessary? If the coach feels he would positively contribute to the betterment of the team, then the coach will make that call. Not you or Ayo Akinfe or any one of Onyekuru's sworn disciples.

And just to be sure and out of nothing better to do, I decided to rewatch the Royal Excelsior Mouscron vs RSC Anderletch game played this past weekend again yesterday evening. Frankly speaking, was not overawed by his 'intelligence' on and off the ball. I didn't see anything that made me believe that Nigeria was missing anything in fielding Simon Moses and/or Ahmed Musa in lieu of Henry Onyekuru. And that is the honest to goodness truth!

Yall need to pipe down on all the mega hype of this kid. Its adding unnecessary pressure on the lad. His coach has inferred that he is more focused on making the SE as opposed to helping RSC Anderletch - which is not good for his career. And this is all because of folks like yourself and Ayo Akinfe with all the silly and unnecessary hype. Let the kid be, please!
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
22 November 2017

Line-ups

Why so much hate for onyekuru? For argument sake or are you in denial? Top scorer last season, 2nd top scorer so far this season, na beans? The era of babatundemessi aka Moses Simon aka Ahmed Musa is over. You have to know how to utilize your brain to play for SE and if you forget sentiments, onyekuru, iwobi, Victor Moses, bazee ( when fit) are our certified wing forwards. Simple and plain
Last edited by Otitokoro on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.