Henry Onyekuru: The Ace Up Rohrs Sleeve

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Henry Onyekuru: The Ace Up Rohrs Sleeve

Post by Flex Swift »

danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:After he was dropped for the Belgian Classico against FC Brugge, the Belgian media questioned the Anderlecht coach and his response was that Onyekuru was more focused on making Nigeria's World Cup squad than playing for the club.
Personally, I never really thought it was a good idea to go to that club. He had conquered Belgium and he needed a loan to somewhere like France or Germany that will challenge him.

By the way, did Anderlecht change coach? Or does their coach have a say in the players that come in? I ask this because Anderlecht chased Onyekuru for months, and then he turned them down for Everton. Once everyone knew he couldnt get a permit, they chased him again, for a loan. However, when he arrived, the coach didnt seem keen on making him undisputed first choice. So, not sure if the coach wanted him from the beginning.

Several reasons could attribute to why he is not a starter for Anderlecht example his parent club could have stipulated a certain number of games he is allowed play to protect their investment considering the players age. A charge may have to be paid to the parent club if the player exceeds a certain number of appearances. Then again it could be all down to Anderlecht not wishing to feature the player for internal reasons such as the number of foreign players on match day etc etc.

We are all hoping he turns into a world class player as it would be to Nigeria benefit however currently he is it there yet and this World Cup may be too soon for him...... yes he has scored againstno name defenders in Belgium but he failed to score against better defenders in the champions league more importantly in three games for Nigeria he failed to score or provide an assist nearly scoring doesn’t count if we want a striker that nearly scores we should call back brown Ideye.
Onyekuru is NOT a striker. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is listed by his club as a forward another word for forward would be striker?
:dream: :atc: :blink:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Otitokoro wrote:That's rather crass and uncouth of you to say that. Those boys have always put in their best and made Nigeria proud when called to service.
And all because you have failed woefully as a paid agent in trying to superimpose your boys into the SE.
Shame on you!
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Dammy wrote:After he was dropped for the Belgian Classico against FC Brugge, the Belgian media questioned the Anderlecht coach and his response was that Onyekuru was more focused on making Nigeria's World Cup squad than playing for the club.
well, the Coach is a fool if he said that.
Luckily Onyekuru does not belong to Anderlecht so its not a disaster if he falls out with the coach

I wish him well but from what i have seen Onyekuru does not warrant all the hype.
Other than speed, he does not seem to have the tools to play as a winger(ability to take on defenders and go past them, crossing, passing, assists etc)
which rules him out as an alternative to Moses, Iwobi or Moses Simon

He has a very narrow scope of application namely that of a wide forward. So his competition is Musa and Iheanacho
I dont see any evidence he is better than either player
I agree he has a great goaslcoring record in belgium but that is not proof he can deliver against top tier opposition.
Have you guys heard of Perbet, Harbaoui, Bacca,etc?
These guys have been the top scorers in Belgium too over the last few years
Even Okpala and Okaka have been among the top scorers in Beligium in recent years

Bottom line is Rohr is giving him an appropriate level of opportunity in training to show what he can do.
So let Rohr do his job
You spoilt your piece by mentioning Forest Gump players Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. There is no room for such unimaginative players in the Russia 2018 squad abeg.

We are going to the World Cup with classy players. This time around, we are serious about our participation.
I must be the most successful agent in the world, if I have got all these boys on my book. Kai. It looks like I have more players combined that Nigeria's most two successful agents Churchill Oliseh and John Shittu combined.

Do we really have to stomach all this on CE? People who do not have the intellectual capacity to argue their case resort to name calling when they are presented with thoughtful analysis. Take it or leave it but the likes of Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa are not good enough if a team is serious about competing (not participating) in the World Cup.

I listed 11 players who helped Nigeria qualify for Russia 2018 who should be thanked for their services but alas, they are simply not talented enough for the big dance. We are not going to face Swaziland, Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia at the World Cup!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Personally, I never really thought it was a good idea to go to that club. He had conquered Belgium and he needed a loan to somewhere like France or Germany that will challenge him.

By the way, did Anderlecht change coach? Or does their coach have a say in the players that come in? I ask this because Anderlecht chased Onyekuru for months, and then he turned them down for Everton. Once everyone knew he couldnt get a permit, they chased him again, for a loan. However, when he arrived, the coach didnt seem keen on making him undisputed first choice. So, not sure if the coach wanted him from the beginning.

Several reasons could attribute to why he is not a starter for Anderlecht example his parent club could have stipulated a certain number of games he is allowed play to protect their investment considering the players age. A charge may have to be paid to the parent club if the player exceeds a certain number of appearances. Then again it could be all down to Anderlecht not wishing to feature the player for internal reasons such as the number of foreign players on match day etc etc.

We are all hoping he turns into a world class player as it would be to Nigeria benefit however currently he is it there yet and this World Cup may be too soon for him...... yes he has scored againstno name defenders in Belgium but he failed to score against better defenders in the champions league more importantly in three games for Nigeria he failed to score or provide an assist nearly scoring doesn’t count if we want a striker that nearly scores we should call back brown Ideye.
He is listed by his club as a forward another word for forward would be striker?

Onyekuru is a wide forward. Under Rohr's 4-3-3 formation, he would man one flank while Victor Moses mans the other. They will both feed off the targetman who is most likely to be Odion Ighalo.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NO! Forward does not mean striker. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: could mean forward 3 positions. Left Winger, ST, CF, Right WInger are all forwards.

Anyway, this discussion is getting old. Rohr makes the decisions. He can either pick Onyekuru or not. Either way, the world will not end! jeeezzz! This is not a big deal.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
MarquisNi
Egg
Egg

Post by MarquisNi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Goldleaf wrote::shock: :shock:

The lobbying machine of Henry Onyekuru is no joke!
Ol boy, you would think this boy is like Ronaldinho or Neymar or something, he's just a light weight speedster with average ball control, that's very selfish and doesn't really defend. Its like people are just looking at his numbers in the Belgian league without actually seeing him play. Most of his teams games are on youtube, just search for his team and you can watch him. Funny thing is everyone is saying he won't start over Moses and Iwobi, so what is the clamor for? A back up?

On merit, Onyekuru would be a starter for the Super eagles today. Fans see him as performing the kind of role Amokachi performed in 1994, disturbing opposing defences with his strength, running, energy and hussle.

By the way, under Rohr's 4-3-3 formation, you can easily fit Iwobi, Onyekuru and Moses into the starting line-up. All you do is play Iwobi as your playmaker.
Is he a player of Amokachi's caliber though?
Last edited by MarquisNi on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Luckily Onyekuru does not belong to Anderlecht so its not a disaster if he falls out with the coach

I wish him well but from what i have seen Onyekuru does not warrant all the hype.
Other than speed, he does not seem to have the tools to play as a winger(ability to take on defenders and go past them, crossing, passing, assists etc)

He has a very narrow scope of application namely that of a wide forward. So his competition is Musa and Iheanacho
I agree he has a great goaslcoring record in belgium but that is not proof he can deliver against top tier opposition.
Even Okpala and Okaka have been among the top scorers in Beligium in recent years

Bottom line is Rohr is giving him an appropriate level of opportunity in training to show what he can do.
So let Rohr do his job
You spoilt your piece by mentioning Forest Gump players Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. There is no room for such unimaginative players in the Russia 2018 squad abeg.

We are going to the World Cup with classy players. This time around, we are serious about our participation.
Where do you get off disrespecting players like Simon and Musa? Rohr will not be doing anything wrong selecting them for the World Cup!!

Y'all just sit down behind a screen and be insulting players who have actually brought joy to this country!! What has Onyekuru done for Nigeria compared to Musa and Simon?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

NO!! RW, LW, CF, SS, ST are all forwards...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

So let Rohr do his job

Where do you get off disrespecting players like Simon and Musa? Rohr will not be doing anything wrong selecting them for the World Cup!!

Y'all just sit down behind a screen and be insulting players who have actually brought joy to this country!! What has Onyekuru done for Nigeria compared to Musa and Simon?
I think you should go and focus on your cursed team
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

So let Rohr do his job

In 1994, what had Sunday Oliseh done for Nigeria compared with say Friday Ekpo, Nduka Ugbade or John Okon? However, Westerhoof took his best 23 to the World Cup. That is what every sensible manager does.

Players who are not good enough to compete for the trophy have no business being in the squad. Why is that principle hard for you to accept?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Dude, you've repeatedly demonstrated you lack the intellectual capacity to understand football, as you have yet to put forth one cohesive argument to support your emotionally driven assertions . Need I remind you of some sub-par players you have tried to foist on us over the years, for as long as you've been on this forum (i.e. Friday Onyekwu, to shake a few cobwebs for you).

You have the temerity to call a player, who has done what the coach has asked of him and has earned the coach's trust, primarily through hard work and graft ‘unintelligent’? That is crass and uncouth, to say the least. This is a player who actually WON the Belgian league while this fellow you're positing (Onyekuru) hasn't even come anywhere close to doing that. Yes, he ended up being top scorer on a one-man team last season, but has failed to replicate that at Anderlecht, to the extent that he is being played as a winger and not striker (which he was at Eupen) because the Anderlecht coach has expressed doubts regarding his work ethic as a striker (something I observed while watching the Mouscron vs. Anderlecht match yesterday evening). This tells me he is struggling to be a true team player

You call your arguments thoughtful? How would you classify someone putting up a list of a so-called ‘stay at home Eagles’, which comprises a good number of players who are part of the core of the current Eagles? Common sense should suggest to you that the bulk of the players you denigrated would actually constitute part of the squad of 23. The persons you would take in their stead have yet to show any credible demonstration that they can hack it at their club level, let alone on the national team. Case in point: Nwakali at Venlo, who is a bench warmer, at best!. Yet you would gladly take him to the greatest football tournament ever, at the expense of someone who has been tried and battle tested? That, to me, not only shows a gross lack of critical thinking and deductive reasoning on your part, but a lack of maturity in your thought process when it comes to football.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:That's rather crass and uncouth of you to say that. Those boys have always put in their best and made Nigeria proud when called to service.
And all because you have failed woefully as a paid agent in trying to superimpose your boys into the SE.
Shame on you!
I must be the most successful agent in the world, if I have got all these boys on my book. Kai. It looks like I have more players combined that Nigeria's most two successful agents Churchill Oliseh and John Shittu combined.

Do we really have to stomach all this on CE? People who do not have the intellectual capacity to argue their case resort to name calling when they are presented with thoughtful analysis. Take it or leave it but the likes of Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa are not good enough if a team is serious about competing (not participating) in the World Cup.

I listed 11 players who helped Nigeria qualify for Russia 2018 who should be thanked for their services but alas, they are simply not talented enough for the big dance. We are not going to face Swaziland, Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia at the World Cup!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Otitokoro wrote:Dude, you've repeatedly demonstrated you lack the intellectual capacity to understand football, as you have yet to put forth one cohesive argument to support your emotionally driven assertions . Need I remind you of some sub-par players you have tried to foist on us over the years, for as long as you've been on this forum (i.e. Friday Onyekwu, to shake a few cobwebs for you).

You have the temerity to call a player, who has done what the coach has asked of him and has earned the coach's trust, primarily through hard work and graft ‘unintelligent’? That is crass and uncouth, to say the least. This is a player who actually WON the Belgian league while this fellow you're positing (Onyekuru) hasn't even come anywhere close to doing that. Yes, he ended up being top scorer on a one-man team last season, but has failed to replicate that at Anderlecht, to the extent that he is being played as a winger and not striker (which he was at Eupen) because the Anderlecht coach has expressed doubts regarding his work ethic as a striker (something I observed while watching the Mouscron vs. Anderlecht match yesterday evening). This tells me he is struggling to be a true team player

You call your arguments thoughtful? How would you classify someone putting up a list of a so-called ‘stay at home Eagles’, which comprises a good number of players who are part of the core of the current Eagles? Common sense should suggest to you that the bulk of the players you denigrated would actually constitute part of the squad of 23. The persons you would take in their stead have yet to show any credible demonstration that they can hack it at their club level, let alone on the national team. Case in point: Nwakali at Venlo, who is a bench warmer, at best!. Yet you would gladly take him to the greatest football tournament ever, at the expense of someone who has been tried and battle tested? That, to me, not only shows a gross lack of critical thinking and deductive reasoning on your part, but a lack of maturity in your thought process when it comes to football.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Shame on you!

Name me one other current Nigerian footballer who can do all this:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:Dude, you've repeatedly demonstrated you lack the intellectual capacity to understand football, as you have yet to put forth one cohesive argument to support your emotionally driven assertions . Need I remind you of some sub-par players you have tried to foist on us over the years, for as long as you've been on this forum (i.e. Friday Onyekwu, to shake a few cobwebs for you).

As "crass and uncouth" as you labeling Onyekuru as unintelligent on this thread? :lol:

PS: Btw, Onyekuru was NOT a striker at Eupen but a wing forward - same position as in Anderlecht.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:A rebuttal to your comment is: why all the mega hype? The boy has been invited to Rohr's SE camp twice and has featured in 3 matches, yet he has failed to convince. But yall still insist on superimposing him on everyone else, at the expense of those who have proven themselves. Is that necessary? If the coach feels he would positively contribute to the betterment of the team, then the coach will make that call. Not you or Ayo Akinfe or any one of Onyekuru's sworn disciples.
9jaMan wrote:Why so much hate for onyekuru? For argument sake or are you in denial? Top scorer last season, 2nd top scorer so far this season, na beans? The era of babatundemessi aka Moses Simon aka Ahmed Musa is over. You have to know how to utilize your brain to play for SE and if you forget sentiments, onyekuru, iwobi, Victor Moses, bazee ( when fit) are our certified wing forwards. Simple and plain
To premise this post, let me reiterate what I have consistently stated wrt Onyekuru on many threads on this CE forum - his play at club level has deservedly earned him serious SE consideration, but his SE play has yet to secure a place on the SE squad (much less get him on the Russian-bound train. Nonetheless, when someone like Goldleaf starts blathering that a kid that in 3 short years has gone from an academy in West Africa to the top scorer in the Belgian league (at a lowly club where he had scarce support) to an EPL club (albeit out on loan apparently for work-permit reasons) and Champions League football strikes him as someone who does NOT "want to improve" - and then doubles down when contrarian evidence is proffered, then there is a LOGICAL rational for someone to ponder why the apparent hatred (since if it is not some form of hatred, then it would simply strike the rational mind as just illogical gibberish).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:

As "crass and uncouth" as you labeling Onyekuru as unintelligent on this thread? :lol:

PS: Btw, Onyekuru was NOT a striker at Eupen but a wing forward - same position as in Anderlecht.
wThe evil that men do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:Personally, I never really thought it was a good idea to go to that club. He had conquered Belgium and he needed a loan to somewhere like France or Germany that will challenge him.

Yes, the coach that brought Onyekuru in was fired in September...
Nonetheless, unsure that's why he has seemingly not settled in quickly at Anderlecht.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:A rebuttal to your comment is: why all the mega hype? The boy has been invited to Rohr's SE camp twice and has featured in 3 matches, yet he has failed to convince. But yall still insist on superimposing him on everyone else, at the expense of those who have proven themselves. Is that necessary? If the coach feels he would positively contribute to the betterment of the team, then the coach will make that call. Not you or Ayo Akinfe or any one of Onyekuru's sworn disciples.
9jaMan wrote:Why so much hate for onyekuru? For argument sake or are you in denial? Top scorer last season, 2nd top scorer so far this season, na beans? The era of babatundemessi aka Moses Simon aka Ahmed Musa is over. You have to know how to utilize your brain to play for SE and if you forget sentiments, onyekuru, iwobi, Victor Moses, bazee ( when fit) are our certified wing forwards. Simple and plain
To premise this post, let me reiterate what I have consistently stated wrt Onyekuru on many threads on this CE forum - his play at club level has deservedly earned him serious SE consideration, but his SE play has yet to secure a place on the SE squad (much less get him on the Russian-bound train. Nonetheless, when someone like Goldleaf starts blathering that a kid that in 3 short years has gone from an academy in West Africa to the top scorer in the Belgian league (at a lowly club where he had scarce support) to an EPL club (albeit out on loan apparently for work-permit reasons) and Champions League football strikes him as someone who does NOT "want to improve" - and then doubles down when contrarian evidence is proffered, then there is a LOGICAL rational for someone to ponder why the apparent hatred (since if it is not some form of hatred, then it would simply strike the rational mind as just illogical gibberish).
its remarkable
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Personally, I never really thought it was a good idea to go to that club. He had conquered Belgium and he needed a loan to somewhere like France or Germany that will challenge him.

Yes, the coach that brought Onyekuru in was fired in September...
Nonetheless, unsure that's why he has seemingly not settled in quickly at Anderlecht.
Ah! No wonder. Makes absolute sense now.

Additionally, Onyekuru and his agent should be calling Everton non-stop to cancel this loan. The new man's ALLEGED comment - "Henry is more interested in playing the world cup than for this club," is very disturbing. The coach clearly does not think Onyekuru is committed and no coach will invest in a player that is not committed (or that he THINKS is not committed).
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Just to be clear, I am assuming you're referring to this text from my earlier post:
And just to be sure and out of nothing better to do, I decided to rewatch the Royal Excelsior Mouscron vs RSC Anderletch game played this past weekend again yesterday evening. Frankly speaking, was not overawed by his 'intelligence' on and off the ball. I didn't see anything that made me believe that Nigeria was missing anything in fielding Simon Moses and/or Ahmed Musa in lieu of Henry Onyekuru. And that is the honest to goodness truth!
Now, if this is what is you claim as me labelling Onyekuru as 'unintelligent', then I am quite disappointed in you. The use of the word (note that it was in parens) was in response to 9jaMan's below comments:
9jaMan wrote: Why so much hate for onyekuru? For argument sake or are you in denial? Top scorer last season, 2nd top scorer so far this season, na beans? The era of babatundemessi aka Moses Simon aka Ahmed Musa is over. You have to know how to utilize your brain to play for SE and if you forget sentiments, onyekuru, iwobi, Victor Moses, bazee ( when fit) are our certified wing forwards. Simple and plain

I would suggest you apprise yourself of the whole commentary/text and better understand the context in which my comments were written, before making such accusations. I'll leave it at that for now.
Gotti wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Dude, you've repeatedly demonstrated you lack the intellectual capacity to understand football, as you have yet to put forth one cohesive argument to support your emotionally written assertions . Need I remind you of some sub-par players you have tried to foist on us over the years, for as long as you've been on this forum (i.e. Friday Onyekwu, to shake a few cobwebs for you).

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Essentially carried a weak all by himself as a wing forward... same position he's playing at Anderlecht this season. How's that not impressive? Your trying to paint it as somehow less impressive is truly irresponsible. By the way he is still replicating the same form this season, he is in the race for the golden boot and will probably win it (I'm willing to put money on that)
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

You have the temerity to call a player, who has done what the coach has asked of him and has earned the coach's trust, primarily through hard work and graft ‘unintelligent’? That is crass and uncouth, to say the least. This is a player who actually WON the Belgian league while this fellow you're positing (Onyekuru) hasn't even come anywhere close to doing that. Yes, he ended up being top scorer on a one-man team last season, but has failed to replicate that at Anderlecht, to the extent that he is being played as a winger and not striker (which he was at Eupen) because the Anderlecht coach has expressed doubts regarding his work ethic as a striker (something I observed while watching the Mouscron vs. Anderlecht match yesterday evening). This tells me he is struggling to be a true team player.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Shame on you!

Otitokoro. don't waste your time with someone who says the likes of Uchebo, Nwofor, Azeez, Ejike, Odunlami, Reuben, Ameobi and Babatunde added value to the SE 2014 WC squad. Then he turns around and says 2018 Squad unlike others (including the 2014 squad that he praised) will be for serious players only. Unfortunately, he cannot see the contradiction.
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
Goldleaf wrote::shock: :shock:

The lobbying machine of Henry Onyekuru is no joke!
Ol boy, you would think this boy is like Ronaldinho or Neymar or something, he's just a light weight speedster with average ball control, that's very selfish and doesn't really defend. Its like people are just looking at his numbers in the Belgian league without actually seeing him play. Most of his teams games are on youtube, just search for his team and you can watch him. Funny thing is everyone is saying he won't start over Moses and Iwobi, so what is the clamor for? A back up?
He may not be a Ronaldinho or a Neymar but there’s nothing lightweight about him. As long as he keeps his present form, it’s only a matter of time before he becomes part of the SuperEagles plan :!:

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

HE'S THE ONYE Everton transfer news: Fiorentina join the list of admirers chasing Everton youngster Henry Onyekuru

The 20-year-old only joined the Toffees last summer, but the number of clubs chasing his services is growing by the week as the Serie A side plot a swoop

By Gary Stonehouse
24th November 2017, 5:38 pm
Updated: 24th November 2017, 6:42 pm

FIORENTINA have joined the race for Everton starlet Henry Onyekuru.

The 20-year-old only joined the Toffees from Eupen last summer in a £7million move.

Fiorentina have joined the race for Everton's Henry Onyekuru

However, he was immediately sent out on loan to Anderlecht and has fired seven goals in 14 appearances for the club so far.

As SunSport reported earlier this week, both Manchester United and Barcelona have begun scouting the Nigerian.

However, Calciomercato claim that the Serie A side are now also interested in the star.

Fiorentina have joined fellow Italian side Juventus in the hunt for the youngster.

The Nigerian striker may have to make a big decision on his future in the upcoming months

The youngster is currently impressing on loan at Anderlecht

There had been talk of the Toffees recalling him as they looked to turn around their fortunes in front of goal.

The forward sparked rumours that he could be set for a comeback after posting a picture on his Instagram account tagging himself in Liverpool city centre last month.
FELL ON NIASSE Everton striker banned for diving because he ‘exaggerated’ fall

When asked about the picture, he told Belgian newspaper La Libre: "Yes, that's right and I'm waiting for something. That's all I can say.

"I hope to be able to play there in January.

For some reason, my laptop is not copying the URL, but it is from the Sun newspaper.
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dammy wrote:HE'S THE ONYE Everton transfer news: Fiorentina join the list of admirers chasing Everton youngster Henry Onyekuru

The 20-year-old only joined the Toffees last summer, but the number of clubs chasing his services is growing by the week as the Serie A side plot a swoop

By Gary Stonehouse
24th November 2017, 5:38 pm
Updated: 24th November 2017, 6:42 pm

FIORENTINA have joined the race for Everton starlet Henry Onyekuru.

The 20-year-old only joined the Toffees from Eupen last summer in a £7million move.

Fiorentina have joined the race for Everton's Henry Onyekuru

However, he was immediately sent out on loan to Anderlecht and has fired seven goals in 14 appearances for the club so far.

As SunSport reported earlier this week, both Manchester United and Barcelona have begun scouting the Nigerian.

However, Calciomercato claim that the Serie A side are now also interested in the star.

Fiorentina have joined fellow Italian side Juventus in the hunt for the youngster.

The Nigerian striker may have to make a big decision on his future in the upcoming months

There had been talk of the Toffees recalling him as they looked to turn around their fortunes in front of goal.

The forward sparked rumours that he could be set for a comeback after posting a picture on his Instagram account tagging himself in Liverpool city centre last month.
FELL ON NIASSE Everton striker banned for diving because he ‘exaggerated’ fall

When asked about the picture, he told Belgian newspaper La Libre: "Yes, that's right and I'm waiting for something. That's all I can say.

"I hope to be able to play there in January.

For some reason, my laptop is not copying the URL, but it is from the Sun newspaper.
You and your laptop should be banned - no excuse :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!