Enyeama vs No Enyeama (vid)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enyeama vs No Enyeama (vid)

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:WOW! This just puts a face to the pro-Enyeama camp and look at the stupidity on their face.

Simple question:

1. When last did Enyeama Play?

2. What is Enyeama's form?

You as them logical questions and they cant answer! They just throw out emotional garbage, hoping it sticks

So this is how Maceo looks like?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Danfo Driver, abeg make you no kill me-o!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

donadoni wrote:These arguments are all pre-mature. We still have 6-7 months to go and a lot can happen within that time period. Vincent Enyeama has class and he knows he is still regaining form after his injury so that is probably why he is not jumping into the discussion for now.

What is hard to understand is the agenda of people trying to categorically rule him out so far from the team selection cut off date. Some people are talking as if this is someone ancient who hasn't played in years and had many poor performances. The fact is a couple of years ago he was universally considered one of the best in Europe if not the world. Goal keepers especially don't just drop from that level to useless overnight. The man is recovering from an injury. Let him recover, hopefully get playing time and then let's assess.

As regards team spirit - I agree we have a good spirit in the team now that we should not lose. But there is no proof that Enyeama will disrupt it. The way he was treated by Oliseh was poor from what we know, and Oliseh's track record of poor man management is known. So I would argue that Vincent deserves the benefit of doubt on this one. He played in the team 101 times and he wasn't known for disrupting team spirit. He was a leader and brought determination and stability to the team. It was Oliseh during his time as player and captain who was never far from wahala in the team.

So lets pray for good health and good form for ALL our keepers and may the best 3 make it to the final squad come June. Till then Enyeama naysayers with short term memory should go and rest!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Enyeama should enjoy his retirement abeg and let the young grow into the role, just like he did
Ezenwa and Akpeyi are 29 and 31 respectively...
... Chief, maybe not Ezenwa and Akpeyi, but other keepers. I am sure we have two good keepers (Nigerians) somewhere on earth to invite to camp to compete for shirt. For me, Enyeama is RETIRED and should stay 100 meters away from the Super-eagles
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

LEST WE FORGET, this is what we read when Oliseh vs Enyeama happened from various sources.... the truth is somewhere in between but we have a direct quote from Enyeama....
At dinner SO went on a rant at the players saying he was disappointed in their training efforts and if any player thinks he's too big for SE he should leave now, and also if any player thinks he has too much money he too should leave his money at home, he also implied that he knew certain individuals would not honour their invitation and he named VE and VM as the 2 players he didn't expect to honour their invitation, He then blew his own trumpet saying that he as a coach and player had won everything and achieved/ done more in football than his current set of players. VE stood up to address the coach and was immediately asked to shut up and sit down, to which VE replied "I'm not angry that you took the captain of me, but show me and the boys some respect pls" SO again told him to sit down and shut up and if he didn't like how he addressed them he should go home now. SO then called security to remove VE but before security came VE left the dinning room with his last words "I came late because I went to bury my mother, is this why you are treating me like this"
Senior officials and senior players later tried to persuade VE to stay at the camp, we've not seen him this morning. BTW during S.O's rants, he said he has a home based left back who is far better than the LB in camp and that the player would have been here in Belgium if not for visa problems obviously firing shots at Echiejile who stayed quiet as a gentleman. (He's of course referring to Akas Chima).
Nothing but the truth.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265636&hilit=enyeama

http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/ol ... lawal.html[/quote]
Thanks for digging out this thread. There were different versions of the story and I believe the truth can be found between them:
This excerpt is from Collin Udoh's report on ESPN:

Enyeama arrived at the Nigeria camp on Tuesday, one day past Monday's deadline, after attending his mother's funeral over the weekend in his home town.

According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain's late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.

"I was surprised," Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. "So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.

"I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team."

It turned out to be the latter as the Lille goalkeeper was expelled from the camp. It took the intervention of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick to resolve the situation and Enyeama was allowed to remain with the squad.

The goalkeeper has, however, indicated it is unclear if he will continue to represent Nigeria

http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/265 ... oliseh-row
Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report today the real story behind the clash between Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh and (former) captain Vincent Enyeama on Tuesday night.

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/re ... A4xyOBz.99

Call it clash of egos or whatever.... two very experienced professionals are involved. Altercations are not new in camps and sometimes people even come to blows. But we count on pros to make the right decisions. What we know is, at the beginning there was mutual respect as Oliseh drove to meet Enyeama. This mutual respect did not carry on through their time on the team. At the end, many people pleaded with Enyeama but he left for good. Kudos to Mikel and Echiejile. But if you add up his similar bustup with Siasia during a team meeting, the way he ignored the NFF query, his not going to Kaduna because of Boko Haram in the North etc.....well..... We have to decide on the type of discipline and commitment we expect from someone playing for the SE. Right now Enyeama is not eligible for the SE as his status is RETIRED. We need to stop talking about Enyeama until that changes. We have a team that just got us the WC ticket and thrashed Argentina, respect them!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:We have a team that just got us the WC ticket and thrashed Argentina, respect them!
Really? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You talking about the same game where a 31 yo GK picked up then dropped the ball outside of his penalty area and then proceeded to pick it up again in a moment of madness, after which his shame forced him to hide behind his wall allowing a simple backpassed shot to enter his net. Is it the same game? If anything this game should be an indictment on the GK's we currently have (yes the ones that helped us qualify) and how some are not fit to be taken to the world stage. Its very odd to just focus on the final score without addressing the big issues we had in the GK department esp. in the first half.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:We have a team that just got us the WC ticket and thrashed Argentina, respect them!
Really? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You talking about the same game where a 31 yo GK picked up then dropped the ball outside of his penalty area and then proceeded to pick it up again in a moment of madness, after which his shame forced him to hide behind his wall allowing a simple backpassed shot to enter his net. Is it the same game? If anything this game should be an indictment on the GK's we currently have (yes the ones that helped us qualify) and how some are not fit to be taken to the world stage. Its very odd to just focus on the final score without addressing the big issues we had in the GK department esp. in the first half.
Qualifying for the WC in style should be the indictment. Akpeyi is just one member of the team NOT the team.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Qualifying for the WC in style should be the indictment. Akpeyi is just one member of the team NOT the team.
All I'm saying is strengthening the team doesn't mean you are disrespecting their achievements so far.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Is there any Fifa law that says a player who participated in the qualifiers should go to the World Cup? I am finding this talk very amusing. It is like my people have a mental block and are still basking over the qualifiers. That has past and it is now time to move on!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Enyeama should enjoy his retirement abeg and let the young grow into the role, just like he did
How old is Vince and when was the last time Vince kept in a competitive match? Even cince is nothing more than a desperation move. The same we made with Rufai, calling him from his holiday.
We still have to find a goalie because Vince will not last beyond the wc if recalled.
Excellent players have retired from the SE. Let Vince go

Don't be too afraid to try new people, young people. Mistakes are part of lifes learning curve. Nigerians always want to be stuck in the past. It took forever to stop calling for Kanu and Okocha
The goalkeeping position is different from outfield positions.

The final say on whether Vince or for that matter any player is good enough rests with the coach.

Even while Vince was injured Rohr still considered him part of the SE setup along with Ikeme. Why are you guys getting worked up over Vince?

The world cup is a long ways away. Let's pray that all our players are relatively healthy... and may the best man win.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
How old is Vince and when was the last time Vince kept in a competitive match? Even cince is nothing more than a desperation move. The same we made with Rufai, calling him from his holiday.
We still have to find a goalie because Vince will not last beyond the wc if recalled.

Don't be too afraid to try new people, young people. Mistakes are part of lifes learning curve. Nigerians always want to be stuck in the past. It took forever to stop calling for Kanu and Okocha

The final say on whether Vince or for that matter any player is good enough rests with the coach.

Even while Vince was injured Rohr still considered him part of the SE setup along with Ikeme. Why are you guys getting worked up over Vince?

The world cup is a long ways away. Let's pray that all our players are relatively healthy... and may the best man win.

Vince is not going to come back. I think we need to face that reality. For me, this debate ended the day Francis Uzoho emerged on the scene.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

WAS that michael blackson (mudda suckers)
[/video]
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

No one is even saying that Enyeama should walk into the No. 1 jersey. We are talking about a squad including our 3 best goalies come June. Should Uzoho get injured we are back to considering the Akpeyis of this world. We cannot afford the kind of wild/unpredictable errors some of our keepers have displayed when we are up against the best in the world - there may not be a chance to recover
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Vince is not going to come back. I think we need to face that reality. For me, this debate ended the day Francis Uzoho emerged on the scene.
Key word is 'me'. I am glad you qualified your statement which means as much as fart in the farm in the scheme of things.
The final word rests with Rorh .
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I don't know why the "intoxication" of some people about this Enyeama's coming back to the team. He (Enyeama) took the podium and announced his retirement from the national team. He should please LEAVE US ALONE and move-on with his life. Nigeria doesn't want him. Unless the coaching crew are LAZY, I am sure they can find other good goalkeepers to invite to camp to battle it out before we head to Russia.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
... Chief, maybe not Ezenwa and Akpeyi, but other keepers. I am sure we have two good keepers (Nigerians) somewhere on earth to invite to camp to compete for shirt. For me, Enyeama is RETIRED and should stay 100 meters away from the Super-eagles
Let's bring them and see, but WC na different level.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:I don't know why the "intoxication" of some people about this Enyeama's coming back to the team. He (Enyeama) took the podium and announced his retirement from the national team. He should please LEAVE US ALONE and move-on with his life. Nigeria doesn't want him. Unless the coaching crew are LAZY, I am sure they can find other good goalkeepers to invite to camp to battle it out before we head to Russia.
You are sure?
Oya, help us and find nah..... :sneaky:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:I don't know why the "intoxication" of some people about this Enyeama's coming back to the team. He (Enyeama) took the podium and announced his retirement from the national team. He should please LEAVE US ALONE and move-on with his life. Nigeria doesn't want him. Unless the coaching crew are LAZY, I am sure they can find other good goalkeepers to invite to camp to battle it out before we head to Russia.
You are sure?
Oya, help us and find nah..... :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief, some people has mentioned several names - here in the forum - as good keepers. I think the coaching crew should invite them and see what the purported "good keepers" have and go from there.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

I regularly listen to Hard Tackle on Brilla fm and listened to this episode .
Next day the anchor mentioned that Enyeama called to say he did listen to the debate and cracked some joke.

To the topic at hand my position remains if he gets a club and resumes playing at a level close to what he was before then he deserves to be invited to come fight for a place.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija