Who agrees that Iwobi should be our super sub?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Who agrees that Iwobi should be our super sub?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:Iwobi is not known for his finishing. He is a good passer with a goof footballing brain.
???????????
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Onyekuru is a little selfish and not the best passer. I understand why Rohr doesn't play him often.

Rohr's system is essentially 1-2 passing.
Last edited by Synopsis on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Synopsis wrote:Iwobi is not known for his finishing. He is a good passer with a goof footballing brain.
When a single letter changes everything :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

pajimoh wrote:
When a single letter changes everything :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: *good. Sorry, fixed it.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
???????????
That's one of his biggest weaknesses. He tends to strike the ball directly at the keeper. He's improving though...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
???????????
That's one of his biggest weaknesses. He tends to strike the ball directly at the keeper. He's improving though...

You clearly have been off the pace of events for a while. After his rich scoring form, even Arsene Wenger has been all over the Internet praising his finishing.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

No. He should start.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I have watched Iwobi very closely and he only really "comes alive" around the 60th to 70th minutes when the game opens up. Please go and watch him well and you will see that he is best used as a joker in the pack.

At the 2000 Nations Cup, Julius Aghahowa performed this role brilliantly. He kept coming off the bench to score match-wining goals.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I have watched Iwobi very closely and he only really "comes alive" around the 60th to 70th minutes when the game opens up. Please go and watch him well and you will see that he is best used as a joker in the pack.

At the 2000 Nations Cup, Julius Aghahowa performed this role brilliantly. He kept coming off the bench to score match-wining goals.
Well, if it takes him 60 to 70 minutes to get into a game, I recon coming in as a sub means he'll be sufficiently warm enough to affect the game 15 minutes into his shower. Yep Einstein
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I have watched Iwobi very closely and he only really "comes alive" around the 60th to 70th minutes when the game opens up. Please go and watch him well and you will see that he is best used as a joker in the pack.

Well, if it takes him 60 to 70 minutes to get into a game, I recon coming in as a sub means he'll be sufficiently warm enough to affect the game 15 minutes into his shower. Yep Einstein

Why is common English so hard for you to comprehend? Do you understand the phrase "When the game opens up?"
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Very correct. Ayo's case of Footballitis suggests an evolution in the strain of plasmodium. Commonly a 6 month incubation period, during which the parasite is somewhat latent, with sequelae manifesting 4-6 weeks pre-tournament, Ayo's affliction, 7 months in advance of the norm has microbiologists the world over puzzled, perplexed and reinventing the petri dish.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Why is common English so hard for you to comprehend? Do you understand the phrase "When the game opens up?"
Yep, like he opened up the Argentines in the 40 minute mark to win the free kick? Please stop making things up as you go along. Most games open up close to the end and to suggest Iwobi is only capable of scoring when the game is open is an insult.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Zambia gave Iwobi the Freedom of the City of Ndola when we played them. It would be naive to expect similar charity from Germany, Brazil, Spain or France.

Argentina's ageing duo of Otamendi and Mascherano managed to keep Iwobi quiet for about 60 minutes. Come the World Cup, we cannot afford to have one of our best talents anonymous for 60 minutes..

Even the Arsenal fans question whether Iwobi is a 90 minute player. Read this: https://arseblog.com/2017/11/i-against-iwobi/
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Zambia gave Iwobi the Freedom of the City of Ndola when we played them.
There is always an excuse :sleep:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Zambia gave Iwobi the Freedom of the City of Ndola when we played them. It would be naive to expect similar charity from Germany, Brazil, Spain or France.

Argentina's ageing duo of Otamendi and Mascherano managed to keep Iwobi quiet for about 60 minutes. Come the World Cup, we cannot afford to have one of our best talents anonymous for 60 minutes..

Even the Arsenal fans question whether Iwobi is a 90 minute player. Read this: https://arseblog.com/2017/11/i-against-iwobi/
Bro, stop talking crap based on others ideas. Who gives a toss what Arsenal thinks? We might as well be using Mikel the way Chelsea used him etc.

Some players feel more comfortable at club level than at international and vise versa. Let the manager decide how to use Iwobi and not your rehashed sentiments from goon website.

You keep talking about Argentina's keeping him quiet for 60 minutes etc. Was he the only forward in the game? How did the whole team play in the first half? You seem to give a dog a bad name so you can hang it.

You notice how Iwobi scored against Man United last night when the game opened up? Dude you can always find an example to buttress your nonsensical point. It happens that teams concede early, during and in the last minute of games

You put your "internet Guadiola" cap on every time we qualify for the world cup and stress people out. :tic: Just apply for the job and get on with it.

I'm tired of your questions...
Did anyone see....
Did you notice....
Anyone agree with me.......

For guy fawks sake..... give it a est and let's have peace.