Who agrees that Iwobi should be our super sub?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Who agrees that Iwobi should be our super sub?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) Alex Iwobi is now the flavour of the month
(2) His two goal’s against Argentina were simply sensational
(3) I just love his one touch goals whereby he passes the ball into the net without even controlling it
(4) However, he tends to come alive in the second half of matches
(5) Have you noticed that Iwobi comes alive when the game opens up
(6) if you look at the Argentina game, Iwobi enjoyed not joy during the first half. It was only during the second half that Iwobi really came to the fore
(7) I am sure you all marvelled at how Iwobi came on and scored against Zambia. I think he can do that for us whenever we need an impact substitution
(8) If I were Gernot Rohr, Iwobi would be my super sub, kind of like Aghahowa was during the 2000 Nations Cup
(9) Personally, I would have a forward line that comprised Ighalo as my targetman, Moses and Onyekuru as my wide forwards with Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker. Iwobi’s versatility means that he can come on for very much any of these players who is having a bad day
(10) There is nothing stopping Iwobi even becoming our leading scorer as a sub. Salvatore Schillachi performed this role admirably at the start of the 1990 World Cup. Iwobi can be a super sub if used that way. By the time he comes on, physicality, will no longer be an issue. Iwobi’s biggest problem is that he gets out-physicalled
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who agrees that Iwobi should be our super sub?

Post by vancity eagle »

NO Iwobi is a starter along with Moses on the other flank, or possibly as an AM.

Our Super subs

Henry Onyekuru
Iheanacho
Moses Simon
Noah Bazee
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Iwobi our 2nd most intelligent player after Mikel should never be a super sub iwobi is a starter
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Alex Iwobi is now the flavour of the month
(2) His two goal’s against Argentina were simply sensational
(3) I just love his one touch goals whereby he passes the ball into the net without even controlling it
(4) However, he tends to come alive in the second half of matches
(5) Have you noticed that Iwobi comes alive when the game opens up
(6) if you look at the Argentina game, Iwobi enjoyed not joy during the first half. It was only during the second half that Iwobi really came to the fore
(7) I am sure you all marvelled at how Iwobi came on and scored against Zambia. I think he can do that for us whenever we need an impact substitution
(8) If I were Gernot Rohr, Iwobi would be my super sub, kind of like Aghahowa was during the 2000 Nations Cup
(9) Personally, I would have a forward line that comprised Ighalo as my targetman, Moses and Onyekuru as my wide forwards with Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker. Iwobi’s versatility means that he can come on for very much any of these players who is having a bad day
(10) There is nothing stopping Iwobi even becoming our leading scorer as a sub. Salvatore Schillachi performed this role admirably at the start of the 1990 World Cup. Iwobi can be a super sub if used that way. By the time he comes on, physicality, will no longer be an issue. Iwobi’s biggest problem is that he gets out-physicalled
If you ask one more stupid question I go send thunda for ya belle :curse:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Iwobi is by and large a passenger until the game opens up on the second half. He will not be very productive while the game is tight.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo,

Football is a team sport! For Nigeria to progress past the group stage the sum must add up greater than the parts, this is why Simon Moses is consistently picked ahead of onyekuru by Rohr, who insistently was a former director of German youth football. Unless you believe your opinion is better than his decisions, I suggest you stick to threads on team jersey colors. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Iwobi is by and large a passenger until the game opens up on the second half. He will not be very productive while the game is tight.
Well maybe why Rohr went with Moses Simon vs Cameroon so you are suggesting he keeps this selection?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

we need Iwobi's intelligence along with Mikel's forays/combination to unlock stubborn defenses, infact no defense can possibly hold out for long when the likes of Moses, Iwobi, Onyekuru, Simon or Bazee are running at you... pace and trickery at its terrific best, omo world cup go sweet abeg, if Rohr comes good with his tactics, we will make world cup commentators piss their pants with exciting football.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Iwobi is by and large a passenger until the game opens up on the second half. He will not be very productive while the game is tight.
Well maybe why Rohr went with Moses Simon vs Cameroon so you are suggesting he keeps this selection?
******************************Ighalo********************************

**************Onyekuru********************Moses****************

********************************Nwakali***************************

*******************Mikel*******************Ndidi*****************

****Idowu*********Balogun***********Ekong*********Ebuehi***

*****************************Uzoho********************************

Subs
Aiyenugba
Alampasu
Abdullahi
Aina
Awaziem
Omeruo (If Akpoguma says no)
Joel
Onazi
Iwobi
Kayode
Iheanacho
Nwakaeme/Bezee/Dessers

End of story!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

WC winning squad right there, Ayo, how can we get Rohr on the same page?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Subs
Aiyenugba
Alampasu
Abdullahi
Aina
Awaziem
Joel
Onazi
Iwobi
Kayode
Iheanacho
Nwakaeme/Bezee/Dessers

End of story!
Simon will most likely start ahead of Onyekuru who will slowly warm himself into Rohrs preferred choice with time(hopefully next years friendly matches will serve Rohr some humble pies), also remember Noah Bazee is also a Rohrs favorite, maybe it's the German connection, but I see him forcing a starting place in the team if he gets over his injuries and stays fit.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We can't play Balogun and Ekong all the time especially against teams with pace like we saw against Argentina, I pray the Akpoguma talks comes to fruition as we are most likely to get him now than Felix Uduokhai... if the latter agrees to a switch then we should be set, we can rest Balogun against pacey teams, Ekong has decent pace so we can try him out(in friendly matches) along with Akpoguma if he of course switches... otherwise the hunt for a solid defender continues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Subs
Aiyenugba
Alampasu
Abdullahi
Aina
Awaziem
Joel
Onazi
Iwobi
Kayode
Iheanacho
Nwakaeme/Bezee/Dessers

End of story!
Simon will most likely start ahead of Onyekuru who will slowly warm himself into Rohrs preferred choice with time(hopefully next years friendly matches will serve Rohr some humble pies), also remember Noah Bazee is also a Rohrs favorite, maybe it's the German connection, but I see him forcing a starting place in the team if he gets over his injuries and stays fit.
Moses Simon will be doing a Jermaine Defoe, starting on the beach while on holiday with his family during the World Cup!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Dude Iwobi is not just another player biko,he is one of the few players going to world cup that play football the right way and learn from one of the best clubs in Europe that knows how to help kids get to the top.
Iwobi will walk into almost every team going to world cup and start.Likes of Dybala,Angel etc in Argentina team that are call world class were make to look foolish by this Iwobi.I mean Iwobi some are even suggested in Arsenal that he should be starting in big games ahead of Ozil that is one of the best in his position and a world cup winner with Germany.Dude before the Spurs game not many fans will start Ozil in big games ahead of Iwobi.I am not saying he is better than Ozil but only Mikel is better than him in SE and Iwobi should be starting unless he lost form or injured then he can see the bench.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kajifu wrote:Dude Iwobi is not just another player biko,he is one of the few players going to world cup that play football the right way and learn from one of the best clubs in Europe that knows how to help kids get to the top.
Iwobi will walk into almost every team going to world cup and start.Likes of Dybala,Angel etc in Argentina team that are call world class were make to look foolish by this Iwobi.I mean Iwobi some are even suggested in Arsenal that he should be starting in big games ahead of Ozil that is one of the best in his position and a world cup winner with Germany.Dude before the Spurs game not many fans will start Ozil in big games ahead of Iwobi.I am not saying he is better than Ozil but only Mikel is better than him in SE and Iwobi should be starting unless he lost form or injured then he can see the bench.
However, we all know that Iwobi is more productive when he comes on from the bench. I am sure Zambian football fans would agree with me
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should be the super starter.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo is so funny he intends to start Onyekuru over Iwobi ... ''Iwobi’s biggest problem is that he gets out-physicalled'', I begi and Onyekuru is meant to be tougher right :blink: :dream:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo,

the world cup is not the U20 world youth cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

He scored the opening goal in Zambia last year. :???:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Ayo is so funny he intends to start Onyekuru over Iwobi ... ''Iwobi’s biggest problem is that he gets out-physicalled'', I begi and Onyekuru is meant to be tougher right :blink: :dream:
Yes. Iwobi is essentially a finisher. If you want a player to run at opposing defences, Onyekuru is your man!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Ayo is so funny he intends to start Onyekuru over Iwobi ... ''Iwobi’s biggest problem is that he gets out-physicalled'', I begi and Onyekuru is meant to be tougher right :blink: :dream:
Yes. Iwobi is essentially a finisher. If you want a player to run at opposing defences, Onyekuru is your man!
So that's where this conversation is leading? :rotf: Bench Iwobj so Onyekuru can make the first eleven.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Iwobi is not known for his finishing. He is a good passer with a good footballing brain.
Last edited by Synopsis on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
So that's where this conversation is leading? :rotf: Bench Iwobj so Onyekuru can make the first eleven.
Even if Onyekuru is not starting, I would still have Iwobi as my super sub.