Akpoguma says he now is willing to play for Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Akpoguma says he now is willing to play for Rohr

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:How phukin ridiculous you mean to tell I'm going to believe this I mean look at the name of the of the publisher "Own Goal" ( something footballers don't want attached to their name)!
I've always wondered what bright spark decided to name the football site 'Own Goal'... :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

At this stage what we need now is to build chemistry ahead of world cup and plug few gaps, Im just worried we will be doing exactly the same thing we were doing on the build up to 2014 when we were throwing untested players into the cauldron of the World Cup
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

First it was the late coach Amodu qualifying the SE for the world cup (twice), only to be
denied leading the team to the main event. Now, here comes some folks running around
tracking replacement players to take to the world cup. While I believe one or two players
might make the team better, the clamor for an overhaul of the team to Russia is quite
worrisome.
Except if a player can add value to Rohr's system, he needs not be allowed near camp
as the team does not need 'big player' who might end being a distraction when things
don't pan out.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Paj :rotf: :rotf: Mark Roland nah swimmer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If he willing to play for Rohr and not necessarily for Nigeria he should stay away. Rohr could get fired or he could resign, then what?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Ayo, defend yourself. Is it true that website is yours? If so explain whom this mysterious Roland Max is.
CE is a very amusing place. How many of these accusations and allegations do I respond to? Abeg, let us enjoy the humour. I am more interested in the Eagles getting their act together as we have recently seen.
I have to give it to you in all these years despite all the attacks and abuse you get I've never seen you lose your shiit.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:If he willing to play for Rohr and not necessarily for Nigeria he should stay away. Rohr could get fired or he could resign, then what?
Unlikely to happen before the world cup so...
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

I'm not aware of any 'German Sport Journalist by the name "Roland Mark" (and I know many here). So it might be a fake name or an hidden identity...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Ayo, defend yourself. Is it true that website is yours? If so explain whom this mysterious Roland Max is.
The website is registered to an Aminu Mohammed.

I asked whether "Roland Mark" is a fictional figure in an earlier thread. I can't find any German sports journalists with that name and all of the stories attributed to him are about these German-Nigerian footballers and can be found on sites such as Own Goal. It doesn't smell right.

If that website is inventing personas then it cannot be trusted and its stories shouldn't be posted here.
Sadly, I do believe that Roland Mark is a fictional character. It appears he does not exist.
Owngoal is the habit of scoring own goals.

I guess they are finally trying to monetize their website?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Fake news by fake journalist. :boo:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Just spotted using Google 'Highly respected German journalist Roland Mark' from an article on OGN in July 2017.

I can find no clue to this person. Who is this!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Lol! Mr Ayo ooooo

Done already......

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/22/vv ... gular-yet/

Mr Shows wrote:Notice how all Ayo's targets are suddenly dominating the news on Owngoal.. I am pretty sure in the next couple of days there is going to be an Owngoal exclusive on Kelechi Nwakali....
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

doctorollie wrote:Lol! Mr Ayo ooooo

Done already......

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/22/vv ... gular-yet/

Mr Shows wrote:Notice how all Ayo's targets are suddenly dominating the news on Owngoal.. I am pretty sure in the next couple of days there is going to be an Owngoal exclusive on Kelechi Nwakali....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Assuming the article's content is true, I think the boy should be left alone, he should go play for Germany, we don't need him - in my opinion.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Odas wrote:Assuming the article's content is true, I think the boy should be left alone, he should go play for Germany, we don't need him - in my opinion.
I disagree.
When fully fit he is better than both Balogun and Ekong. Nevertheless both build a well working partnership.
Same applies for Udohakai who I rare higher than Akpoguma.
Both have chances to become successors of Boateng and Hummels when they retire. Though they still have to compete with Rüdiger, Mustafi and co.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Truth is there are quite a few up and coming German centerbacks who have the edge over Akpoguma. Thus, projecting forward, the likelihood of him making the German squad seems quite slim.
If he really want's to play in the WC, he may be better off playing for Nigeria. From a Nigerian standpoint, In my opinion, he may be the lowest hanging fruit of the trio - i.e. Tournuariga, Udokhai and Akpoguma.
DAgrin wrote:
Odas wrote:Assuming the article's content is true, I think the boy should be left alone, he should go play for Germany, we don't need him - in my opinion.
I disagree.
When fully fit he is better than both Balogun and Ekong. Nevertheless both build a well working partnership.
Same applies for Udohakai who I rare higher than Akpoguma.
Both have chances to become successors of Boateng and Hummels when they retire. Though they still have to compete with Rüdiger, Mustafi and co.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This boy is not better than any of the CD we now except omeruo maybe. He's not likely to start for SE and would probably not make the final cut unless there're injuries. Well .....ROHR knows best.
You just love to dump on Omeruo, don’t you? If we learnt nothing else from the Argentina game, it was crystal clear that none of our defenders are better than Omeruo. Our defense needs a lot of work and we should be looking at all of our options including Omeruo and Ambrose :!:

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This boy is not better than any of the CD we now except omeruo maybe. He's not likely to start for SE and would probably not make the final cut unless there're injuries. Well .....ROHR knows best.
You just love to dump on Omeruo, don’t you? If we learnt nothing else from the Argentina game, it was crystal clear that none of our defenders are better than Omeruo. Our defense needs a lot of work and we should be looking at all of our options including Omeruo and Ambrose :!:

Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are quite a silly boy, arent you! Omeruo has failed repeatedly and has shown that he is not a serious player. Until he gets his head out of his buttocks, ROhr will continue to waitlist him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:

Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are quite a silly boy, arent you! Omeruo has failed repeatedly and has shown that he is not a serious player. Until he gets his head out of his buttocks, ROhr will continue to waitlist him.
What do you know? You are only a danfo driver, a common agbero. It is just unfortunate that a low life nothing like you can have an opinion on a public forum, however retarded. Idiota :!:

Cheers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cheers.
Ambrose? Come on man - his time is up in the national team.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

theYemster wrote:
1naija wrote:If he willing to play for Rohr and not necessarily for Nigeria he should stay away. Rohr could get fired or he could resign, then what?
Unlikely to happen before the world cup so...
As usual you miss the point. The article (if to be believed) says he said he is ready to play for Rohr. The point is he should say he is ready to play to for Nigeria!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:

Cheers.
Based on what? Even though Efe is not a natural right back, the right backs we have today are only as good as Efe was at that position, not better. Having said that, I’d like to see him tried at center back where he’s been doing more than a marvelous job for his current team. As a matter of fact, as far as club football is concerned, Efe has been our most consistent center back, no arguments there❗️

Cheers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Cheers.
Based on what? Even though Efe is not a natural right back, the right backs we have today are only as good as Efe was at that position, not better. Having said that, I’d like to see him tried at center back where he’s been doing more than a marvelous job for his current team. As a matter of fact, as far as club football is concerned, Efe has been our most consistent center back, no arguments there❗️

Cheers.
He plays for Hibs in Scotland. It's a low-level to ply your trade. At Celtic are exposed (and battered) in the Champions League but Hibs may as well be a pub team. I wish Ambrose well.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.